Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 15:36   #226
BHPian

Re: Computer monitor recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
You're welcome!

I mistook the ASUS for being part of their newer ProArt line-up of monitors. Looking this monitor up properly, it is an old model from 2014, and I would not expect it to match up with the superior panels available in the market today. My bad for suggesting it, and it's a good thing that you looked it up.

Cheers
Sure! I went with your BenQ recommendation as I needed a monitor urgently. Owe you one buddy!
Old 17th March 2021, 18:24   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Alright. I think the monitor will work as a budget 4K option. However, this monitor doesn't have HDR, make no mistakes about that. HDR10 is just a marketing gimmick - it's a protocol, not a feature. If the display cannot actually show you HDR (which this one cannot), then having the protocol is of no use.
Good God. Thanks for the massive heads up

So actual HDR monitors would be 30k plus?
Old 17th March 2021, 20:34   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're welcome!

I mistook the ASUS for being part of their newer ProArt line-up of monitors. Looking this monitor up properly, it is an old model from 2014, and I would not expect it to match up with the superior panels available in the market today. My bad for suggesting it, and it's a good thing that you looked it up.

Cheers
It depends on the panel honestly - I have an Asus PA279 from 2014 or thereabouts and it has factory Adobe RGB, sRGB and DCI-P3 calibrated modes. This particular LG panel uses a GB-r led backlight instead of a traditional white led backlight leading to a way higher gamut volume. It also has uniformity compensation which is typically found in extremely high end displays. For the 800$ or so I paid for it a long time ago, it is totally worth it.

Once calibrated with my i1 display pro, I see dE results of sub 1.0 in both sRGB and aRGB modes with the correct color profile.

These monitors are still used as reference to this day in the film industry. New doesn't automatically mean better. Sometimes new just means a cheaper cost cut variant .

However the above linked 4k asus display is strictly mediocre.

A cheap color correct monitor I can vouch for is this:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084VVHKGQ/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Bhpian Nikhilb2008 uses this one. Note this is sRGB only.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B013CVBIF4/...0P65G6Z8?psc=1

This one is Adobe RGB with hardware calibration options.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 17th March 2021 at 20:44.
Old 17th March 2021, 23:02   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
Sure! I went with your BenQ recommendation as I needed a monitor urgently. Owe you one buddy!
That BenQ PD2700Q (outside of some individual variance and somewhat dated bezels) is the best panel you can get under ~30k. Just make sure you test it thoroghly during the return window and you're unlikely to go wrong with it. ASUS's ProArt series isn't readily available here so that's your best bet.

Macs generally like higher resolution displays but if you try to optimize for that too much, you lose out on panel quality which is much more important.

Last edited by Amien : 17th March 2021 at 23:07.
Old 18th March 2021, 20:50   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
That BenQ PD2700Q (outside of some individual variance and somewhat dated bezels) is the best panel you can get under ~30k. Just make sure you test it thoroghly during the return window and you're unlikely to go wrong with it.
30K and we still have to test for it? As a noob, how do I identify issues, apart from the obvious? Like the dead pixels I have been reading about, light bleeding etc?
sridharj77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 23:27   #231
BHPian

Killer Deal on the Acer Nitro XV272U. Its not the absolute best panel but for a 27''/1440p/144hz IPS gaming monitor at this price, its hard to complain.
Amien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 18:50   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Killer Deal on the Acer Nitro XV272U. Its not the absolute best panel but for a 27''/1440p/144hz IPS gaming monitor at this price, its hard to complain.
Bought this one as soon as I saw your post - Thank you!

I had canceled the BenQ monitor since it had only HDMI ports and was looking for a good deal on the other recommendations.

Now searching for a 22-inch vertical-capable monitor for running feeds on Teams and a set of dual monitor arms
sridharj77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 12:59   #233
BHPian

What would be a good monitor recommendation for 10k. I have heard the 24" Benq GW2480 is a good choice.
Old 7th April 2021, 05:45   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
What would be a good monitor recommendation for 10k. I have heard the 24" Benq GW2480 is a good choice.
Depends on what you want to do with it.
Old 4th May 2021, 15:02   #235
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
Planning to invest in an external monitor with a budget of 20K or thereabouts. My work will entail mostly around complex and wide excel sheets, powerpoint presentations, etc.
Mainly IT Delivery management work.

I will also use it to consume YouTube videos, general browsing and light OTT consumption.
Thinking 24-27 inches will be perfect. I will be mounting this on the wall. Would you recommend getting a 2K/4K monitor? Or would it be an overkill.

Cursory browsing on Amazon and these 3 caught my eye:
Acer Nitro

Benq 4K

Benq FHD

Looking forward to your suggestions. Unfortunately, these are undeliverable to my postcode. Strangely enough, they were till last night.
Old 4th May 2021, 15:19   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Looking forward to your suggestions. Unfortunately, these are undeliverable to my postcode. Strangely enough, they were till last night.
The resolution should idealy correspond to display size for the best scaling. So 1080p for 22-24 inch and 1440p/2k for 27-32 inches. 4k monitors are best avoided outside of very specific use-cases.

Of the three you mentioned, the BenQ PD2700Q should be the best fit. Do check if the BenQ GW2480T (adjustable stand variant) is deliverable to you for a low-cost alternative. You could also pick the 27-incher but 24'' is optimal for 1080p.
Amien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 16:45   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The resolution should idealy correspond to display size for the best scaling. So 1080p for 22-24 inch and 1440p/2k for 27-32 inches. 4k monitors are best avoided outside of very specific use-cases.

Of the three you mentioned, the BenQ PD2700Q should be the best fit. Do check if the BenQ GW2480T (adjustable stand variant) is deliverable to you for a low-cost alternative. You could also pick the 27-incher but 24'' is optimal for 1080p.
Thanks Amien! The Benq is a 2K not a 4K, my bad. I am leaning towards it, will order as soon as the deliveries open up.
Since I have rather shallow desk at 18 inches, I want to mount it on the wall.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 20:13   #238
BHPian

My current monitor is 27" and I'm in lookout for another monitor as this monitor will take over by my better half for her work.
I would like to have a bigger monitor with 4K. I don't play games. The graphics intensive work that would be done is the occasional editing of images (Nikon Raw file edition) and GoPro files editing.
90% of my work will excel/word and application development (software developer).
The max that I'm ready to spend is 30K.
What would the best option?
Old 24th May 2021, 16:09   #239
BHPian

Benq Monitors are good. I have Benq 2200 HD since 2009. Still good and going strong.
Old 25th May 2021, 11:23   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
My current monitor is 27" and I'm in lookout for another monitor as this monitor will take over by my better half for her work.
I would like to have a bigger monitor with 4K. I don't play games. The graphics intensive work that would be done is the occasional editing of images (Nikon Raw file edition) and GoPro files editing.
90% of my work will excel/word and application development (software developer).
The max that I'm ready to spend is 30K.
What would the best option?
For many text applications a monitor in the portrait orientation works better, unless you have wide spread sheets. So consider a monitor that can be rotated. Both my old LG (` 10 years old) can be rotated and I do so when I need a lot of vertical space.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks