Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2023, 20:55   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Computer monitor recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
Congratulations!

It's a 16A power plug(like geyser), won't fit standard extension boards.
I just ran a cable from my AC power socket and attached a socket box.

https://www.amazon.in/Anchor-Panason...=1&ext_vrnc=hi
Thanks ! I received the product yesterday. Interestingly, the power plug is the normal 6A one, so I guess Samsung must have listened to the customer feedback.

By the way, I tried to connect my Logitec M220 wireless keyboard and mouse with the USB port on the Monitor, but it didn't work with the laptop connected and Monitor as duplicated display device. But the wireless keyboard mouse combo works otherwise if the receiver is connected to the laptop and not the monitor.

Any idea how I can make the wireless keyboard/mouse work natively with the monitor (For example, using it in the Samsung Smart OS or with Samsung Dex based casting of mobile to screen, or even with the laptop connected with the monitor)
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 21:36   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Any idea how I can make the wireless keyboard/mouse work natively with the monitor.
Sorry, no idea. I don't think the monitor comes with upstream/downstream USB hub. I just use monitor USB ports for RGB mouse pad and use the remote for all monitor functions.
Or you can connect wireless keyboard/mouse with monitor via Bluetooth and your laptop via USB receiver (or vice versa) and just switch as needed.
Blackwing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 01:03   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Any idea how I can make the wireless keyboard/mouse work natively with the monitor (For example, using it in the Samsung Smart OS or with Samsung Dex based casting of mobile to screen, or even with the laptop connected with the monitor)
I don't think you can do that. I struggled, unsuccessfully, to do this with my BenQ UHD monitor when on Samsung Dex. Only option is to use the mobile screen as the mouse pad and keyboard. Works alright, but cannot beat the convenience of a wireless keyboard and mouse.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 11:01   #304
BHPian

Hello,
I am in the market for buying a monitor, usage will be mostly for coding and entertainment purposes around 20k and 27 inches.

I watched a 'Few' videos after which I am so confused that I am thinking of canning the whole idea altogether. I had a few questions too: Is the 27'' 1080p panel bad and doesn't look nice? How bad are the VA display's viewing angles? Do IPS displays have noticeable backlight bleed and 'bad' pixels which stay white?

If there are any suggestions please drop below...Thanks!
Old 1st June 2023, 12:17   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
Hello,
I am in the market for buying a monitor, usage will be mostly for coding and entertainment purposes around 20k and 27 inches.

I had a few questions too: Is the 27'' 1080p panel bad and doesn't look nice? How bad are the VA display's viewing angles? Do IPS displays have noticeable backlight bleed and 'bad' pixels which stay white?
Most Youtube videos on hardware are what I call analysis paralysis. They don't consider the real life environments where the hardware is used, and simply blabber about theoretical differences.

1. 27" at 1080p is not bad at all. I use it every day. However, since your budget is 20k, you should get a 1440p monitor which will be better for coding. Entertainment does not need more than 1080p at the viewing distance of a 27" panel.

2. VA/ TN has lower viewing angle than IPS (in terms of contrast fading), thats all. Their angles are still usable even if you sit at a side of a secretariat table, however, when you work, you'll be using your keyboard so you will not sit too far from the screen center. If you use the monitor as a TV for the living room and want to watch TV from obliquely placed dining table, it may be a problem and you should go for IPS. Else either is fine.

3. IPS has brighter backlight than other non-OLED panels. But nobody uses a monitor in pitch dark room, there will always be ambient light which is required to take care of your eyes. So in normal conditions, that backlight does not matter.

Bad pixel/ ghosting is an issue only with OLED panels. IPS is actually safe in this regard, though you might notice it if your eyes can distinguish between 144 Hz and 240 Hz (human tolerance is about 10 Hz though most of us can distinguish between 30 and 60).

So just get whatever monitor is cheaper with maximum warranty, and you'll be fine.
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 18:55   #306
BHPian

Anybody on the forum has used the oneplus 27" monitor? Looking for some real world feedback. Spec wise looks good for the price.

https://www.oneplus.in/oneplus-monitor-x-27

My use case is primarily for work and software development. Secondary use case is to use it for media consumption as its difficult to get a slot on the main TV between my spouse and the kid.
Old 23rd June 2023, 17:46   #307
BHPian

Thanks forum for helping me choose Acer 32 inch 1440p 60HZ monitor for work. I'm upgrading from a LG 27inch 1080p and I could appreciate the sharpness immediately. Link to the product below.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077BSWLTL/?tag=tbhp0e-21

But there is a problem, I use Macbook for work and when started from sleep, screen flickers for first 20 to 30 seconds, before settling down. Macbook is year old and gets HDMI port. I always use it in two monitor setup and no flicker on other display or with old LG 27 inch. I replaced my power socket with 16 amp one before product arrived. Tried multiple HDMI cables and no luck.

No flickering when connected to windows laptop. Contacted customer care but they gave no solution or warranty claim. I already crossed 7 days and Amazon refusing to take return.

Posted this as a caution for Mac users.
vinbie2019 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 11:46   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post

No flickering when connected to windows laptop. Contacted customer care but they gave no solution or warranty claim. I already crossed 7 days and Amazon refusing to take return.

Posted this as a caution for Mac users.
This is definitely a driver problem. If it was hardware then it would flicker in both Windows and Mac.

Post the problem in MAC forum. At the same time search for a compatible driver.
Old 12th July 2023, 11:15   #309
BHPian

Need suggestions from experts!

I am in market to buy a big screen monitor(27+ inch) for my WFH setup.

As I have a very restrictive work laptop where most of the stuff is blocked by org policies, and I want a display that can support input from two devices at the same time. My intention is to be able to plug both work and personal laptops to same screen and be able to work on both of them at the same time.

Budget is not an issue, but I am the kind of guy who believe in maximizing value for every penny spent so the lesser cost, the better.

Thanks in advance, for your valuable inputs.
Old 12th July 2023, 12:18   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgritesh View Post
Need suggestions.
Check out the Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.0. It has a built in KVM switch and you can connect the monitor to two different laptops and switch between the two.

Cheers.
Old 12th July 2023, 13:14   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Check out the Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.0. It has a built in KVM switch and you can connect the monitor to two different laptops and switch between the two.

Cheers.
The thing is that I feel KVM switch might not solve my problem. As I need both the displays right in front of my eyes all the time, so that anything urgent from office can be responded immediately while personal laptop gives freedom to work on things otherwise not allowed on work laptop.

Not sure if something can be done about it. The next best thing to do would be buy two separate monitors instead and have a multi device keyboard/mouse instead, but would be costly and clutter the space I imagine.
Old 13th July 2023, 11:49   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The thing is that I feel KVM switch might not solve my problem. As I need both the displays right in front of my eyes all the time, so that anything urgent from office can be responded immediately while personal laptop gives freedom to work on things otherwise not allowed on work laptop.

Not sure if something can be done about it. The next best thing to do would be buy two separate monitors instead and have a multi device keyboard/mouse instead, but would be costly and clutter the space I imagine.
What you need is a split screen supported by the monitor. That is available in many professional monitors, but the expense is not justified.

I would suggest that you use two monitors for twoi laptops. That will not only cost less but give you redundancy.

or try this

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/differ...ther-computer/
Old 14th July 2023, 05:56   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need suggestions from experts!
I use a Philips Brilliance 328B at work and at home. Superb work/home display.

Note that the above Philips has only one input each for HDMI, Display Port, VGA and DVI. If you're after two HDMI inputs, this won't work.

The alternate and more color accurate display (if this matters to you) will be one of the HP Z Displays. Excellent displays though they cost a bit.
Old 5th September 2023, 13:57   #314
Team-BHP Support

A question for Mac users: What will be the best of the options below? Work on office Excel sheets and will prefer sideways or on the top as a second screen with access to ERP ( will it be possible in case of sno.2? )

I listed some of the negatives that I can think of. Kindly correct me if I am mistaken

Option 1

Will I miss the C charging of the Mac? Will I need to connect an HDMI cable, or will C work for the display>

https://www.amazon.in/LG-68-58-Inche...ustomerReviews

Option 2

It's not 5k, but it has a C charging/ display setup for Mac. There are good discounts, looks it's not a popular configuration. It may serve as my use case since I need to work on Excel/ mail and occasionally glance at the ERP screen while replying to emails. Will I be able to do that? ERP is accessed through RDP.

Also, will the display be worse than option one or similar?

https://www.amazon.in/LG-27-6-70-1cm...pe=all_reviews

Option 3

Most pricey, it's 5k and will support C charge/ display.

https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultrafine-I...ustomerReviews

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th September 2023 at 13:59.
Old 6th September 2023, 06:09   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
A question for Mac users: What will be the best of the options below?
You can narrow that down to Option 1 and 2.

Option 2 is a unique display design. I have not worked with this format and ratio of display. Yes, you can get a display running via USB-C and keep the laptop charged.

I am ruling out Option 3 due to cost and resolution. You don't need a 5K display to work on spreadsheets! At the most, a 2.5k display is all you need, even if you go up to 32" real estate.

I use a 2023 edition MacBook Pro. I have two external displays running via USB-C. Charging is via Mag Safe (I can use usb-c too)

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 6th September 2023 at 06:10.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks