Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite internet speed test portal?
Fast.com by Netflix 38 33.33%
Cloudflare speed test 1 0.88%
DSLReports 1 0.88%
Speedtest by Ookla 64 56.14%
Testmy.net 1 0.88%
OpenSpeedTest 3 2.63%
Others 2 1.75%
I don't believe in speed tests 4 3.51%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2018, 19:28   #961
BHPian

Re: How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?

I have recently shifted to Noida.
I have Fusionnet plan. 850 Including taxes. 50Mbps up/down. Unlimited data. Speed tested on speedtest.net
It's FTTH.
I happy for now.
Old 23rd September 2018, 12:49   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an upgrade to my broadband plan from 100 to 200 Mbps. I have a You Broadband FTTC connection. Here are the results:

PS - I am hoping Jio Gigafibre gives me a connection later this year.

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd September 2018 at 12:53. Reason: added PS
Old 24th September 2018, 19:01   #963
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread, I turn on the mobile data on my airtel postpaid as hotspot/use USB tethering to go online with my laptop. The ICICI netbanking login page is not opening on either of my laptops and of course on the android browser of the phone that I use as hotspot. Tried chrome/IE/Mozilla, cleared cache, deleted temporary files, treid tinkering with the DNS courtesy some tutorials on youtube. Nothing worked. The site itself is not down as a friend checked on his mobile browser. Same was confirmed by the bank helpline. Currently do not have an alternate broadband access so not able to check with another data source. The phone is a Redmi 4. Laptops have windows 10

Any pointers?

Last edited by hothatchaway : 24th September 2018 at 19:03.
Old 19th October 2018, 17:54   #964
BHPian

Some impressive speeds people have posted here. We have one of those 100Mbps Aritel broadband in Bangalore, but the best I recall seeing is a 40Mbps download and a puny 4Mbps upload. That for about 1400/- a month (13xx actually).

Managed to have a brief chat with their customer rep., they claim we need to change the wiring in our older apt. complex to new coppers! However, I seriously doubt the conductor material is the bottleneck in this case.

The current apt. complex is about 10-yrs old. Since we hardly have the need for anything higher, didn't bother much. Many times I have seen even the 4G hotspot device seems to serve our needs adequately.

But with our slowly increasing use of GoToMeeting and WebEx, I wonder of it's time to get back to Airtel and get the issues sorted or possibly change to another ISP.
Old 19th October 2018, 20:15   #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
I wonder of it's time to get back to Airtel and get the issues sorted or possibly change to another ISP.
Just put in a request for disconnection and watch merrily the gears coming into motion. Airtel will ask you the reason for disconnection, tell them - poor speeds as compared to competition at similar prices. They will offer you discounts to continue with them. Then it is your choice. You can really bargain (50% is discount is quite normal).

Also, ACT has some really good offers going on at the moment. You should give them a try.
Old 20th October 2018, 08:15   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Just put in a request for disconnection and watch merrily the gears coming into motion. Airtel will ask you the reason for disconnection, tell them - poor speeds as compared to competition at similar prices. They will offer you discounts to continue with them. Then it is your choice. You can really bargain (50% is discount is quite normal).

Also, ACT has some really good offers going on at the moment. You should give them a try.
Great. Thanks for the info. That would be some good benefits if one could have. Also, appears to be a very good indicator of profit margins they seem to be operating with - highly predatory!
Old 28th October 2018, 22:50   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Using MTNL 1MBPS Unlimited wireless internet connection at home for around 999 all inclusive.

Tata Photon 512 KBPS is used for on the go and is reliable than my home connection as MTNL keeps on disconnecting every now and then.

But overall happy with both.
Quoting my post from September 2011.

We were using a slow MTNL broadband since 2006 in Delhi and finally this festive season I am blessed with some serious internet speed.

Disconnected 13-year-old MTNL internet connection and Got shifted to Airtel V-Fibre.

Rs. 999 for 100 MBPS with 250 GB monthly quota (carry forwardable) with unlimited std/local calls.

Amazing to see how internet speeds have improved; for the same amount of money I got a 100 times faster connection after 13 years!

How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-broadband.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th October 2018 at 22:52.
Old 30th October 2018, 21:20   #968
Team-BHP Support

At the end of my tether with Hathway.

I've had a practically unusable connection for more than 2 weeks (frequent disconnections) and a literally dead connection since the last 5 days.

Absolutely zero support, constantly moving goalposts and they act like they're doing me a favour. They even magnanimously closed my first few complaints because I didn't grace them with my presence at home at random times of the day, after clearly specifying my availability multiple times in advance.

Their escalation manager committed a resolution on the weekend, not a peep. Today was committed again, the cabling guy did his bit but the lord of modems was too busy so they said they'll try to see what they can do.
Old 26th November 2018, 22:18   #969
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using AtBroadband? It is advertised as @broadband. I am looking to move my parents away from Airtel and to something else - place is Nagercoil in TN.
Old 27th November 2018, 12:06   #970
BHPian

Anyone on the preview offer of Jio fiber? Please share your experience. Also it states that we get 25 vouchers of 40 GB each in case we consume our limit of 100 GB a month. Does it mean that we get 40 vouchers every month or are they for the whole 3 months of the preview offer duration?
Old 18th January 2019, 23:01   #971
BHPian

Using a spectra 1gbps FTTH connection in Noida. The speed is closer to 800mbps on LAN but get about 300mbps on WiFi.
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1547832662.473292.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd January 2019 at 17:44. Reason: Shifting image to new line :)
Old 19th January 2019, 11:07   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Anyone on the preview offer of Jio fiber? Please share your experience. Also it states that we get 25 vouchers of 40 GB each in case we consume our limit of 100 GB a month. Does it mean that we get 40 vouchers every month or are they for the whole 3 months of the preview offer duration?
Its practically unlimited. If you run out of 40 GB voucher, recharge for 100 GB. Been using it since last 11 months and haven't paid a penny yet. Every alternate day I do a 40 GB recharge and once every 15 days the 100 GB one. No hard limit as such, just use the Jio app to choose plan, just like other plans, just that its a Rs. 0 voucher so no payment is needed.

Last time I was told they'll launch in Jan 26, 2018, moved to Aug 15, 2018 and even now, in Jan 2019, it's still on preview. So make merry while it lasts. Also I noticed the wifi of the device is not the great, it slows down after 5+ devices. Luckily I have a second router and all PCs are wired through LAN.

Last edited by blackwasp : 19th January 2019 at 11:09.
Old 25th February 2019, 23:06   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Its practically unlimited. If you run out of 40 GB voucher, recharge for 100 GB. Been using it since last 11 months and haven't paid a penny yet. Every alternate day I do a 40 GB recharge and once every 15 days the 100 GB one. No hard limit as such, just use the Jio app to choose plan, just like other plans, just that its a Rs. 0 voucher so no payment is needed.

Also I noticed the wifi of the device is not the great, it slows down after 5+ devices. Luckily I have a second router and all PCs are wired through LAN.
Can you comment on overall speeds as well as if any websites are censored? For example there have been reports that streaming and torrent sites are blocked.
Old 26th February 2019, 11:38   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Can you comment on overall speeds as well as if any websites are censored? For example there have been reports that streaming and torrent sites are blocked.

They are. You will need to use a VPN service to bypass them.
Old 26th February 2019, 12:14   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
They are. You will need to use a VPN service to bypass them.
Thanks for the reply. That would make it totally useless for me.
Even though I can use vpn, it would be a big hassle and would reduce speeds. I am sticking with Airtel. As it is, I was a little hesitant to try Jio and now you have settled it for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks