Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite internet speed test portal?
Fast.com by Netflix 38 33.33%
Cloudflare speed test 1 0.88%
DSLReports 1 0.88%
Speedtest by Ookla 64 56.14%
Testmy.net 1 0.88%
OpenSpeedTest 3 2.63%
Others 2 1.75%
I don't believe in speed tests 4 3.51%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 19:19   #901
BHPian

Re: How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?

Hello Everyone,

I need some help to identify a good and stable ISP in Haralur Road/Kudlu are of Bangalore. Since I will be working from home frequently, stability and reliability is preferred.

Thanks in advance to all
Old 20th March 2017, 15:50   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Hi. Could you please tell what router you are using now to use Airtel's v fiber. I am currently using Airtel's standard dsl connection with a dlink 2750u wifi modem + router. Will i have to change my router to use v fiber?
Hi! It's a Huawei HG360A. Yes you'll have to upgrade the router. It is consistent at 40mbps since past few months and I'm more than happy with the customer care. So even if I get some cheaper/faster ISP I wouldn't likely switch from Airtel!
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:52   #903
BHPian

Banashankari II Stage, Bangalore. ACT is giving us some really fantastic speeds. The FUP is a whopping 750 GB per month (yes that is Seven Hundred and Fifty GB, not a typo!). Very stable too, we've been using this for over six months now and rarely get any service interruptions.

How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-actspeed.jpg

Of course, this is not strictly speaking a home connection but my office connection. I asked the ACT rep whether the same can be given for any home and he said yes, they are not particular. Charges are 7000/- p.m. We also get a static IP thrown in for good measure, so running our own web server or anything else is simple enough.
Old 24th March 2017, 15:33   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Hello Everyone,

I need some help to identify a good and stable ISP in Haralur Road/Kudlu are of Bangalore. Since I will be working from home frequently, stability and reliability is preferred.

Thanks in advance to all
In my opinion Airtel Broadband is by far the better option as far as reliability goes, especially when working from home etc . People who frequently need to join meeting over voice conference and also make presentation, need a decent speed and highly reliable connection.
I heard ACT has improved in recent times, but not sure about their customer support. It was very pathetic earlier.
Old 24th March 2017, 15:40   #905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance to all
I would vote for ACT if your area is covered, consistent speeds, stable and super responsive in case of any issues. Only the response to new connection request is little slow through the website. Use the phone numbers mentioned in promo boards if you see them in your locality, for swift response.
Old 24th March 2017, 16:39   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamal View Post
In my opinion Airtel Broadband is by far the better option as far as reliability goes, especially when working from home etc . People who frequently need to join meeting over voice conference and also make presentation, need a decent speed and highly reliable connection.
I heard ACT has improved in recent times, but not sure about their customer support. It was very pathetic earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I would vote for ACT if your area is covered, consistent speeds, stable and super responsive in case of any issues. Only the response to new connection request is little slow through the website. Use the phone numbers mentioned in promo boards if you see them in your locality, for swift response.
Thanks for the response. Will get in touch with Airtel and ACT to see what they offer.
Old 24th March 2017, 19:07   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Banashankari II Stage, Bangalore. ACT is giving us some really fantastic speeds.
This is the first screenshot I have seen that is 100+ mbps. I have few questions.

1. Is the service provided over regular Cat6 ethernet cable or fiber comes inside the office all the way?
2. Is the speed tested over wifi or wired connection? If wifi, what router do you use in the office?
Old 25th March 2017, 15:03   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
BSNL FTTH:
Subscribed plan : Fibro BBG ULD 1045 CS17 ( 20 Mbps upto 50 Gb, 1Mbps after that)

Attachment 1549639
Hi, how did you go about getting FTTH installed. I tried applying online several times and went down to the exchange once, each time I was told they don't give FTTH connections to just one house, it needs to be an apartment or a few owners need to apply at once.
Old 25th March 2017, 18:37   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
This is the first screenshot I have seen that is 100+ mbps. I have few questions.

1. Is the service provided over regular Cat6 ethernet cable or fiber comes inside the office all the way?
2. Is the speed tested over wifi or wired connection? If wifi, what router do you use in the office?
1. It is over regular cable, not fiber. It comes inside the office all the way via a conduit we already had for our Airtel connection.

2. Speed is tested over wired LAN, Cat6e cabling. Our WiFi is throttled at 50 mbps, so it won't show the correct speed.
Old 25th March 2017, 23:36   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Hi, how did you go about getting FTTH installed. I tried applying online several times and went down to the exchange once, each time I was told they don't give FTTH connections to just one house, it needs to be an apartment or a few owners need to apply at once.
That's correct. Our RWA approached BSNL for installation in the layout. That's how we got it.
Old 25th March 2017, 23:44   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance to all
I live on Haralur road myself and use TTN. Reliability is decent, but i have had approximately one downtime a month - and it is usually repaired within an hour or so. But I use my cell phone as a backup in case TTN breaks down. But their plans are very good, and cost effective. Speeds are great too - 100 MBPS on my neighbour's line gives about 70 to 80 Mbpbs in reality. My connection is 50 Mbps, but my router a Wireless G router, and does not give more than 20 Mbps in reality. So, waiting for the new router to get my full quota of 50Mbps.
Old 27th March 2017, 16:17   #912
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations on a good ISP in Kolkata ? Specifically in the Bonhoogly area.

We have a BSNL connection that's very unreliable. I checked Airtel's plan and they're quite expensive ( compared to Bangalore ).
Old 27th March 2017, 18:52   #913

I live nearby rathtala Spencer's. We have a Reliance wireline broadband. Although the connection is quite good for 2mbps plan, the reliability is an issue. They don't respond to complaints and sometimes there's no Internet for days. I have heard the local cable Internet is quite good in this area.
Old 27th March 2017, 19:59   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That's correct. Our RWA approached BSNL for installation in the layout. That's how we got it.
Thank you for confirming it! Our RWA did try to get ACT to provide connections on our street, they even collected documents,advance etc but for some reason the local cable operator shooed them away and we've only got BSNL for now. Will approach them and see if they can out muscle the local cable operators.
Old 31st March 2017, 13:19   #915
Senior - BHPian

So, the issues with local cable operator was resolved and got ACT internet installed at my home.I opted for the ACT Blaze plan, and paid up for 6 months and ACT kindly upgraded the speed by 10mbps and added another 25gb of data to my FUP. In retrospect, the ACT Storm plan would've been more VFM. I've placed a request for upgrade, hope ACT acts quickly since its been 2 days and i've received no response so far. The speed is amazing, especially since I moved from bsnl which was only 8bmps

Speedtest with Wifi

So,I went from this
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-bsnl.jpg

to this!
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-act-lan-cable.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks