Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite internet speed test portal?
Fast.com by Netflix 38 33.33%
Cloudflare speed test 1 0.88%
DSLReports 1 0.88%
Speedtest by Ookla 64 56.14%
Testmy.net 1 0.88%
OpenSpeedTest 3 2.63%
Others 2 1.75%
I don't believe in speed tests 4 3.51%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 13:28   #796
BHPian

Re: How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?

How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-speed.jpg

Swastik Internet Pvt Ltd
Chembur
Rs 650 p.m
FUP 60GB (after 60GB 1mbps)
Old 6th April 2016, 14:52   #797
BHPian

Anybody on K Broadband in South Bangalore? Any feedback? They've strung fiber in my area, and claim their backbone is Airtel. Costlier than SpectraNet, who's also in my area. SpectraNet is a known quantity (consistent bad reviews), and K is new.

I'm on Airtel tortoise service, 8mbps DSL.
Old 7th April 2016, 12:41   #798
Senior - BHPian

So my ISP [Asianet] has started blocking torrent traffic. Am able to access the sites and download the torrent magnet file. But the torrents remain stuck at "connecting to peers"

They said they have received instructions as per court order to block all torrents. Got a copy and it seems that the producer/distributor of welcome back movie filed a case stating that his movie was being shared in a lot of torrent sites and as such got an injunction to block a lot of sites :(

What to do?
Old 7th April 2016, 13:24   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
SpectraNet is a known quantity (consistent bad reviews), and K is new.

I'm on Airtel tortoise service, 8mbps DSL.
I also have Spectranet in Pune. I am on their 20Mbps unlimited plan.
They have once in a month downtime but that's because of local goons who keep on cutting cables and create other issues.
Other than that i never had any problem. It's almost 1 year now.
I also read their bad reviews online but I am happy now with their service. they will inform by sms about the down time and resolution time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
They said they have received instructions as per court order to block all torrents. Got a copy and it seems that the producer/distributor of welcome back movie filed a case stating that his movie was being shared in a lot of torrent sites and as such got an injunction to block a lot of sites :(

What to do?
Fortunately torrents are working for me but few sites only are blocked which is ok.
In your case, i think going with some other provider is the only option left (hopefully other provider doesn't block torrents).
Old 7th April 2016, 13:31   #800
BHPian

Thanks Nicky, good to know.
Old 7th April 2016, 14:34   #801
BHPian

Quote:
So my ISP [Asianet] has started blocking torrent traffic.

I too am facing the same situation in Trivandrum. Why is it that only Asianet is affected by the court order? Should'nt all ISP block the specific torrent links? Anyway I think asianet has done a blanket block of all torrent traffic which is not the right approach.
Old 7th April 2016, 14:55   #802
Senior - BHPian

I am using the 100 Mbps plan by Youbroadband here in Pune.
Good experience.

The problem now I see is with many websites that don't allow fast download (gasp!)
Old 7th April 2016, 16:22   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
I too am facing the same situation in Trivandrum. Why is it that only Asianet is affected by the court order? Should'nt all ISP block the specific torrent links? Anyway I think asianet has done a blanket block of all torrent traffic which is not the right approach.
Have uploaded the legal notice and the list of sites which are to be blocked here:

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...hljxIlJ2VSUofw

Hope it's a temporary thing
Old 16th April 2016, 15:30   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

How good is Limras Eronet internet connection at Chennai? Especially the consistency of speed? I'm about to get a new connection.
Old 16th April 2016, 19:45   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
How good is Limras Eronet internet connection at Chennai? Especially the consistency of speed? I'm about to get a new connection.
Im using it for more than 6 months now. Usually speeds are consistent for 90% of the time. This is one ISP that does not have an online payment gateway . It is collected manually every month. About 2 months ago there were frequent disconnections, but now it is pretty stable.
Customer care is not as good as ACT but much better than BSNL, Airtel.

Hope you are staying in Urapakkam (DVS?). If yes the other option is Netfire, identical pricing but almost same level of service.
Old 16th April 2016, 21:31   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Im using it for more than 6 months now. Usually speeds are consistent for 90% of the time. This is one ISP that does not have an online payment gateway . It is collected manually every month. About 2 months ago there were frequent disconnections, but now it is pretty stable.
Customer care is not as good as ACT but much better than BSNL, Airtel
Thanks for the feedback Naveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Hope you are staying in Urapakkam (DVS?). If yes the other option is Netfire, identical pricing but almost same level of service.
Yes, I do. But little interior. Netfire denied to provide connection at my area.
Old 18th April 2016, 17:02   #807
BHPian

Quote:
So my ISP [Asianet] has started blocking torrent traffic. Am able to access the sites and download the torrent magnet file. But the torrents remain stuck at "connecting to peers"

What to do?

Asianets relationship with torrents has been a mixed bag for me here in Ernakulam. 90% of the time torrents work fine, but then on the occasion they get all law abiding on me and torrents dont work for a while, usually for a day or so. Whats is their down time. Most days from about 8-9PM, theres no connection. Then on the occasional weekend, pfft... the Google Chrome dinosaur. No amount of yelling at the customer care or repeated threats to cancel the connection seem to work. I dont know if its poor infrastructure or what, but if this keeps up, I might need BP medication soon.
Old 18th April 2016, 19:04   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Asianets relationship with torrents has been a mixed bag for me here in Ernakulam. 90% of the time torrents work fine, but then on the occasion they get all law abiding on me and torrents dont work for a while, usually for a day or so. Whats is their down time. Most days from about 8-9PM, theres no connection. Then on the occasional weekend, pfft... the Google Chrome dinosaur. No amount of yelling at the customer care or repeated threats to cancel the connection seem to work. I dont know if its poor infrastructure or what, but if this keeps up, I might need BP medication soon.
Tried NordVPN. They offered a full 3 day trial. Worked just fine. Yearly package is 36 dollars. Might take it next month.

Avoid BP medication
Old 11th May 2016, 13:56   #809
BHPian

ACT Fibernet

I'm using ACT Fibernet's Blaze 30 Mbps plan (since last 2 weeks) in Bangalore.
Have been receiving consistent download speeds of 30 Mbps & upload speeds of over 30 Mbps.

The only irritation is having to log in everyday morning, once the router is switched on (we switch off the router before going to sleep).
Any method the daily login can be eliminated?
Old 11th May 2016, 14:12   #810
BHPian

Re: ACT Fibernet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
I'm using ACT Fibernet's Blaze 30 Mbps plan (since last 2 weeks) in Bangalore.
Have been receiving consistent download speeds of 30 Mbps & upload speeds of over 30 Mbps.

The only irritation is having to log in everyday morning, once the router is switched on (we switch off the router before going to sleep).
Any method the daily login can be eliminated?
Check your router settings page. We can enter the credentials in the router so that it will log in automatically when it connects to the internet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks