Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 17:14   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I noticed that your rig id too tall, you will have to make height adjustments for the seat. Some pictures of my rig:

P.S.: Why did you alter the design of Simul8r? Any specific reason?
Your rig looks neat! Do you play with the shifter on the right?

Ya the vertical posts are 2 ft on my rig. If necessary I may saw them down to suitable height.

The main reason for modifying the simul8r design is that none of the stores in my hometown stocked 45 degree elbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Great job right there. I will build something like this soon.

Now get some Carbon fiber wrap and wrap it all up so it looks nice and sober

What sim softwares are you using?

LFS, Assetto Corsa?
I happen to have a roll of cf vinyl wrap lying unused - will try after finalizing the design.

I am taking to gaming after a long interval (6-7 years). As such, want to try my hands at some arcade games, then move on to sim.

Relying on community feedback for gradual step up options.

Last edited by blackasta : 19th August 2014 at 17:19.
Old 19th August 2014, 18:32   #1382
Senior - BHPian

re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Your rig looks neat! Do you play with the shifter on the right?

Ya the vertical posts are 2 ft on my rig. If necessary I may saw them down to suitable height.

I am taking to gaming after a long interval (6-7 years). As such, want to try my hands at some arcade games, then move on to sim.

Relying on community feedback for gradual step up options.
Yes, the shifter is on the right. Posting some very bad pictures, very sorry for that.

I find it hard to digest that there were no shops stocking 45 degree elbows in Kolkata. I plan to color this rig with black color. Do play Euro truck simulator 2, its one hell of a game with Gaming rig and a G27.

My rig is still incomplete, planning to fix a 800 seat and the pedals also need tobe fixed, once I get sometime.

Last edited by mercedised : 19th August 2014 at 18:33.
Old 19th August 2014, 20:46   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Yes, the shifter is on the right.

I find it hard to digest that there were no shops stocking 45 degree elbows in Kolkata. I plan to color this rig with black color. Do play Euro truck simulator 2, its one hell of a game with Gaming rig and a G27.

My rig is still incomplete, planning to fix a 800 seat and the pedals also need tobe fixed, once I get sometime.
Well I live in a suburb and they do not stock it here. Although the storekeeper said that I may get them in the city proper.

Thanks for the game suggestions!

Even I plan to acquire a seat from a total loss car and affix it.
Old 25th August 2014, 00:33   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Completed the woodwork today and clamped the controls.
Even played a quick round of NFS Hot Pursuit to check if the controls are within reach and working fine!

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-10628162_10152637490699583_2769735393533508751_n.jpg

Next step is to bolt the controls to the plywood planks!
Old 29th August 2014, 17:02   #1385
BHPian

My favorite Halo game

Now in HD splendor !

Dual-Needlers FTW
Old 8th September 2014, 03:36   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Guys what is the limitations of standard xbox 360 vs the 250 GB etc. I am a shooter fan so COD,Far cry,Gears of war ,Resident evil etc is what i enjoy playing.I understand some games needed to be installed or so on the console. Will any of these mentioned games not work on the standard xbox 360 4G ?

I am not into network/kinetic play .

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2014, 07:54   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Will any of these mentioned games not work on the standard xbox 360 4G ?

I am not into network/kinetic play .

Thanks.
All games will work on the 4GB version. I have the 4GB and have never faced a problem playing a game. However, you may need to keep deleting game saves to create space for new game saves. If you're using a disc of the game nothing else gets stored on the console apart from game saves and they are generally small files. These can be deleted through settings》storage.

Also, I know you mentioned you're not into network play but xbox live keeps having some really good sales. You get great games for as low as 250 bucks. I've picked up Forza Horizon, Gears of Wars 3, New Vegas, and a few others for between 250 & 500. On the 4GB console this becomes a problem because you will run out of space and in most cases these games are between 5 & 7 GB since you need to download these games onto your console. (These games also work only with the xbox live ID they have been downloaded through. So no sharing games.) That being said the work around is to get pen drives or a hard drive and connect it for extra storage. The xbox will format the drive to use it on the system and will allocate a maximum of 32GB for use. So if you have a 500GB drive it will format it for xbox and only 32 GB will show up for use. The rest can be used as a normal HDD. I have a 500GB HDD (giving me 32GB) and an 8GB pen drive connected for more storage.

Hope I haven't confused you too much.

Last edited by rjun04 : 8th September 2014 at 08:03.
Old 8th September 2014, 09:12   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
All games will work on the 4GB version. I have the 4GB and have never faced a problem playing a game. However, you may need to keep deleting game saves to create space for new game saves. If you're using a disc of the game nothing else gets stored on the console apart from game saves and they are generally small files. These can be deleted through settings》storage.

Also, I know you mentioned you're not into network play but xbox live keeps having some really good sales. You get great games for as low as 250 bucks. I've picked up Forza Horizon, Gears of Wars 3, New Vegas, and a few others for between 250 & 500. On the 4GB console this becomes a problem because you will run out of space and in most cases these games are between 5 & 7 GB since you need to download these games onto your console. (These games also work only with the xbox live ID they have been downloaded through. So no sharing games.) That being said the work around is to get pen drives or a hard drive and connect it for extra storage. The xbox will format the drive to use it on the system and will allocate a maximum of 32GB for use. So if you have a 500GB drive it will format it for xbox and only 32 GB will show up for use. The rest can be used as a normal HDD. I have a 500GB HDD (giving me 32GB) and an 8GB pen drive connected for more storage.

Hope I haven't confused you too much.
No you did not.I have one more doubt.Can the xbox play a burned dvd movie with avi,flv,mp4 files?

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2014, 09:24   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
No you did not.I have one more doubt.Can the xbox play a burned dvd movie with avi,flv,mp4 files?

Thanks.
I've never tried a DVD but I do play movies off my HDD and steam through my laptop as well over wifi. That's a very cool feature!

It did ask for a system update the first time I tried though. So you'll need to connect to the net and run the update.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:07   #1390
BHPian

Guys,

I would call myself as a "casual" gamer.
Given time, I can game endlessly, or I can do without it also.
Realistically - I would not spend more than 3-4 hours gaming (that too over the weekend)
But, I like to game.
I am very much into racing games + GTA family games.

Is this a good time to pick up a (previous gen)console:

PS3 12GB - @16.8K @ Amazon.in
OR
Xbox 360 4 GB @ 14.7K @ Amazon.in

I would like to play GTA V / Arcade racing NFS titles with beautiful visuals , NFS Porsche (if possible) ,
then later- some simulation ones like Forza / GT kinds.

Thinking about the low-HDD, I am going to play games off the disks & mostly 1 or 2 games at a time.
So, 4 OR 12GB should be okay, I believe (!?)

How long will either of the above console last for me, given the usage as described?

Any/All inputs appreciated!

Ace.
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:11   #1391
BHPian

Guys pls suggest some good games mainly racing & action (COD, halo types) for ps4?
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:22   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Guys,

I would call myself as a "casual" gamer.
Given time, I can game endlessly, or I can do without it also.
Realistically - I would not spend more than 3-4 hours gaming (that too over the weekend)
But, I like to game.
I am very much into racing games + GTA family games.

Is this a good time to pick up a (previous gen)console:

PS3 12GB - @16.8K @ Amazon.in
OR
Xbox 360 4 GB @ 14.7K @ Amazon.in

I would like to play GTA V / Arcade racing NFS titles with beautiful visuals , NFS Porsche (if possible) ,
then later- some simulation ones like Forza / GT kinds.

Thinking about the low-HDD, I am going to play games off the disks & mostly 1 or 2 games at a time.
So, 4 OR 12GB should be okay, I believe (!?)

How long will either of the above console last for me, given the usage as described?

Any/All inputs appreciated!

Ace.
Either console will be fine for your usage. Since you'll be playing 1-2 games at a time, the 4GB 360 should be alright. Remember that you will get a little less than 4 GB in actuality as there is space reserved for the OS and other stuff.
You may face issues with the 360 with downloadable titles as most AAA games will easily be more than 4 GB.

This is actually a great time to buy last gen consoles. The games are available for cheap and the library is extensive. They will easily serve a casual gamer for the next 2-3 years.

If you are a fan of certain exclusives, go for that make. Otherwise, if downloadable games are no-no, just toss a coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Guys pls suggest some good games mainly racing & action (COD, halo types) for ps4?
Get 'Wolfenstein: The New Order' - for your singleplayer needs.
'Destiny' or 'Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' if you are into multiplayer. The next CoD is out in a couple of months so you can wait for that.

I have only played NFS Rivals which did not impress me a lot. There are 'Driveclub' and 'Project Cars' coming soon. Watch out for those.

Keep this handy for future releases - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_in_video_gaming
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:53   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi803 View Post
Either console will be fine for your usage....

This is actually a great time to buy last gen consoles. The games are available for cheap and the library is extensive. They will easily serve a casual gamer for the next 2-3 years.
Thanks for the quick feed!
Any recommended place-to-buy PS3 12GB (Online/Offline) - Mumbai~Pune.

I see that same PS3 12 GB in US = $230 ~ (14K INR)
In India - Amazon.in PS3 12 GB = 17K INR

I could buy GTA V in that difference!

Thanks,

Ace.
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:58   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Thanks for the quick feed!
Any recommended place-to-buy PS3 12GB (Online/Offline) - Mumbai~Pune.

I see that same PS3 12 GB in US = $230 ~ (14K INR)
In India - Amazon.in PS3 12 GB = 17K INR

I could buy GTA V in that difference!

Thanks,

Ace.
Snapdeal has it cheaper by a few bucks - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sony...umbLabelId:576

You can visit retail outlets like Game4U and Games the Shop in Mumbai. Don't really know about Pune. But AFAIK, you'll get the best deal online.

Importing is an option, but the warranty doesn't work. No clue about the customs too.

It'll be expensive in India than the US. I think the products are not locally manufactured here and Sony India have to import the SKUs from Europe.

Let me know if you need game recommendations other than GTA5
Old 26th September 2014, 00:40   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
For racing you don't have many options. NFS rivals is a good option if you are not much into sims. For COD types, you should seriously consider Battlefield 4, amazing single player mission, beautiful visuals, I played it on my pc, experience on PS4 should not be much different.
Since you own a PS4, The last of us should be in your collection by default
The most beautiful game ever created on any console, period. The icing on the cake is, the gameplay is brilliant as well!

Last edited by aah78 : 26th September 2014 at 02:52. Reason: Post edited for grammar & spell-check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks