Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 00:43   #1846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
@KB: Thnks. Its 56k here :(
@nemo: But how will they collect payment? Whom to contact? Do let me know the contact details pls.
talk to one Niranjan -- 09900341973, tell him you are part of the Panasonic group

Last edited by nemo : 6th November 2008 at 00:44.
Old 6th November 2008, 00:49   #1847
BHPian

Thanks Nemo, will talk to him about PV8.
Old 6th November 2008, 01:06   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@KB: Thnks. Its 56k here :(
@nemo: But how will they collect payment? Whom to contact? Do let me know the contact details pls.

Ram - he will give it to you for 47-48.

Call him - He will give you his account number - transfer funds on-line or drop in a cheque/DD whatever - Give him a call and give him your address - and he will get Panasonic to deliver it to you @ Chennai and the service centre guys will come and install it for you the next day.
Old 6th November 2008, 08:47   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
nemo - like i said I have two 42 inchers (pv80 and sony 3lcd) on hathway stb and have no such horizontal lines. Unless all of you got a bad batch of pv80s, I think its an stb issue

PS - are you too on tht devi's 56k batch - is there something wrong which is why it came so cheap - did the factory setup kick in when you connected for first time (it should ask for showroom or home setup)
I don't believe it is with the TV.
DVD and S-Video are perfect. Only the Hathway stuff has the problem. With the RCA cable change I did see noticeable change. Nemo and I live in the same part of Bangalore. Probably we are sharing a Hathway bug. I am sure the Hathway signal is weak or noisy. It is evident from the humming noise.
With 100Hz scanning, PV80 is already doing a pretty good job.

I will live with this until we have HDMI ports on DTH STBs. With component video, it may make slight difference, but again I do not think it is worth the money I have to spend on new DTH now.
Old 6th November 2008, 09:27   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
With 100Hz scanning, PV80 is already doing a pretty good job.
make sure you have the 3d comb filter turned on under the 2nd page of pic settings
Old 6th November 2008, 10:00   #1851
BHPian

I may be overreacting on the horizontal lines,for me it's not very evident and once has to pay close attention to see those lines in action. These not fine lines it's more like a scan from top to the bottom every 2 seconds or so - i know I'm not doing a good job in describing what i see, may be I'll post a picture and let it do the talking.

I have not changed the 3d comb filter setting yet and this could be a reason. I'll check this evening and post the results
Old 6th November 2008, 12:36   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Ram.. Check out the PV8 then You can save about 6-7 k straight if you can live without the front SD card and one extra HDMI slots, a a couple of small features. you can get this for 48k in Blr - and around 50-52k in Chennai

PC World - Panasonic VIERA TH-42PX8A - Reviews - Hardware - Televisions - Plasma TVs

I quote from the review

It produced one of the smoothest, most refined pictures we've seen to date in our high-definition tests. A lot of modern panels producing crisp, razor-sharp images; however, the TH-42PX8A takes a slightly more laid back approach, with a softer, more cinematic style that looks fantastic. That isn't to say it lacked definition: everything looked sharp and clear with plenty of detail and no noticeable aberrations.
This was backed up by impressively low noise levels. One of our main tests is the film
Transformers which, while an impressively authored film, is also quite grainy at times. However this display did an admirable job keeping noise to a minimum, presenting a clean smooth picture throughout our testing. Fast motion was handled beautifully, with or without the 100Hz function activated. There was no noticeable blurring; everything was clean and fluid.
Exactly. The first film I watched was Transformers and it was amazing. I had set my DVD to progressive scan and 16:9. The effect was too good. In my old Sony 29 CRT, the transformations were not very clear and sort of lacked detail. But the action scenes in the PV80 were too good. I did a lot of pause and rewind to watch the scenes again and it was really neat. No motion blur at all.

And this is an 80 buck DVD that I bought. Try it with DTS. The sound quality is too good.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:39   #1853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
I may be overreacting on the horizontal lines,for me it's not very evident and once has to pay close attention to see those lines in action. These not fine lines it's more like a scan from top to the bottom every 2 seconds or so - i know I'm not doing a good job in describing what i see, may be I'll post a picture and let it do the talking.

I have not changed the 3d comb filter setting yet and this could be a reason. I'll check this evening and post the results

That's exactly the same problem I have. The buzzing noise is also irritating. If i connect the STB audio to the home theater the noise is even more pronounced. I haven't tried the comb filter. will try today.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:45   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Ram - he will give it to you for 47-48.

Call him - He will give you his account number - transfer funds on-line or drop in a cheque/DD whatever - Give him a call and give him your address - and he will get Panasonic to deliver it to you @ Chennai and the service centre guys will come and install it for you the next day.
KB: Spoke to him, he s ays the best price for PV8 is 50k not 48. Is this the price you guys agreed?
Old 6th November 2008, 18:48   #1855

Have a You Tele STB, there is no audio noise, also, not all channels have the Scan lines problem only couple of them have got and that too it is not easily noticeable

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
That's exactly the same problem I have. The buzzing noise is also irritating. If i connect the STB audio to the home theater the noise is even more pronounced. I haven't tried the comb filter. will try today.
Old 6th November 2008, 19:07   #1856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KB: Spoke to him, he s ays the best price for PV8 is 50k not 48. Is this the price you guys agreed?
I was guessing - we only discussed PV80

You need to decide between 50/56k now. Everything is the same apart from a few features like the SD card slot, one extra HDMI input in the front, an 'auto contrast' feature (detects and adjusts image brightness based on ambient light in the room). Don't know if there is anything else.
Old 6th November 2008, 19:55   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Just read a few people have picked up the PV8 for 48k from Vijay Sales Mumbai. 2k difference is not much IMHO
Old 6th November 2008, 22:09   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post

OK Finally i got the TV yesterday and got it installed today.

I've TataSky and the experience till now is amazing ( no horizontal/vertical scan lines ) . I guess it's related to Hathway. I'm using the same RCA cables that came with the Tatasky DTH. The comb setting didn't make much of a difference in DTH signal.

I also have my media player hooked to it which can play HD and has got a HDMI out. I haven't got the hdmi cable yet so would be checking it next week. But i did play some divx movies through the normal RCA cable and the clarity is very good. Is the MX hdmi cable a good choice ?

The in-built speakers are not too bad and are better than what are provided with most 42" LCD's.
Old 6th November 2008, 23:59   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
. Is the MX hdmi cable a good choice ?

The in-built speakers are not too bad and are better than what are provided with most 42" LCD's.

Lucky you! I 'might' get mine tomorrow evening.

I picked up the 3mtr MX HDMI cable yesterday for Rs.450/- . It looks good and am told does the job quite well. They have various types of HDMI cables going up to 4k is what I'm told.

Last edited by kb100 : 7th November 2008 at 00:00.
Old 7th November 2008, 01:27   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Are these lines that you people are mentioning are white colored line running through whole screen and actually not very much noticeable? If so then probably it's the feature to help the plasma panel not to have burned pixels(or burn in). Just check the manual if it says anything about it.
About the buzzing sound, my hunch is that most probably the grounding of your system is not proper(either the STB or the Panel). I'm using Hathway STB connected to a HT and not having any such issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks