Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:33   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
One difference I noted from the manual is the type of plug. PV80H has 2 pin like in the US where as PV80D shows 3 pin as used in India. I didnt notice any other documentation of differences.

Intresting answers from panasonic showroom on differences was that some times it comes as 80H and some times as 80D. Didnt find it convincing.

I spoke with the Panasonic Regional office and they confirmed the PV80D is what is being sold in India- ALL the pieces therefore are PV80D
Indian Panasonic models have D version instead of H. This was the case with previous generation also. Main reason I believe is to manage the pricing across countries.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:08   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Thats bad. Is he buying time from us.
I have meeting 7PM that goes on for more than 2 hours. Let me also put some pressure on him.
I don't think anyone would turn up today from Devi's. Any news guys ?
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:44   #1788
BHPian

In Samsung LCDs, have anyone figured out why the Wide Zoom settings are not stored where as the Zoom settings are stored.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:46   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
I don't think anyone would turn up today from Devi's. Any news guys ?
I was sure he was buying time from us. I haven't heard from him yet.
I am in a meeting, so can't call him also.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:55   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
I was sure he was buying time from us. I haven't heard from him yet.
I am in a meeting, so can't call him also.
I guess you're in the kind of meeting where you can sms, play games on your phone, browse the web but can't get out of it or pick up your phone.

Anyways, I don't understand...what good it would do to Devi's Reputation with the sales tactics of promising false delivery times again and again.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:04   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you're in the kind of meeting where you can sms, play games on your phone, browse the web but can't get out of it or pick up your phone.

Anyways, I don't understand...what good it would do to Devi's Reputation with the sales tactics of promising false delivery times again and again.
Thats right. Meeting on phone. My part is over, now for next one hour I have to be listener. My hands (and part of brain) are free and I pass my time with T-BHP.
I told Niranjan very clearly that he has to keep his word on delivery while making this deal. And he said 100% sure.
Looks like he had to depend on someone else.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:09   #1792
BHPian

@sixthsense or @nemo
Do you want to call him up once again.
Just to give him a feeling that we haven't forgotten.
Unfortunately I can't get out the phone now.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:23   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
@sixthsense or @nemo
Do you want to call him up once again.
Just to give him a feeling that we haven't forgotten.
Unfortunately I can't get out the phone now.
Called up Niranjan and he told me he is still waiting himself to hear from the delivery Guy. Told me to give that guy a call myself (Satish 9902122688) , guess what this guy Satish didn't even pick up my call. So, forget about it friends.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:28   #1794
BHPian

i spoke to Niranjan an hour ago and he said the TVs will reach him by 8 - 15 mins hence and that he'll send it for delivery immediately. Clearly that time has passed and we can safely assume it's not going to be delivered today.

It appeared to me that the guys at the place where he procuring the TVs from is taking him for a ride.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:29   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Thats right. Meeting on phone. My part is over, now for next one hour I have to be listener. My hands (and part of brain) are free and I pass my time with T-BHP.
I told Niranjan very clearly that he has to keep his word on delivery while making this deal. And he said 100% sure.
Looks like he had to depend on someone else.
Yes, he is totally dependent on Panasonic. Same thing happened with me, and finally I took Panasonic contact number and started chasing them, and I was waiting at Devi's till the boxes reached them.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:19   #1796
BHPian

I called up Niranjan now. He received the stock now. Will deliver it only tomorrow
Old 4th November 2008, 09:47   #1797
BHPian

Hey, are you guys going in for a stabilizer or an inverter ? what would be a good possible combination of both or would a pure sine wave su-kam 800va inverter would be good ?

Need advice on this asap.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:14   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, are you guys going in for a stabilizer or an inverter ? what would be a good possible combination of both or would a pure sine wave su-kam 800va inverter would be good ?

Need advice on this asap.
You need to have a stabilizer for sure. In addition if you need an inverter then go for a pure sine wave one. I use an APC Bi1000i 1KVA inverter - its pure sine wave and enough juice to power my home theatre, PS3s and panny plasma for sometime. Basically I want to be able to shut down everything properly. However an inverter is not going to replace your basic stabiliser.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:47   #1799
Senior - BHPian

My research has thrown up another facet/point of view --- that most of the modern appliance's built in power supplies can handle a very wide range off input voltage. Therefore a 'Stabiliser', they claim, is redundant. They say what is required is a surge and spike protector - something like this - Monster PowerCenter™ HT 800 with Clean Power™ Stage 1 at the best price in India! Sumaria.in

I also went to a couple of leading AV showrooms locally. There also I found that they were hooking up the equipment to raw power - had no stabiliser at all.

EDIT: Perhaps the conversation on stabilisers can be moved/continued here.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...abilisers.html

Last edited by kb100 : 4th November 2008 at 11:55.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:53   #1800
Senior - BHPian

As Selective said, Devi is at the mercy of Panasonic supplying the TV to them. Devi doesn't keep stock of the Panny but gets it on demand basis. So the delay is from the Panasonic wholesale dealer. Even we got it a day late. As i said earlier, since I paid only 500 bucks I wasn't that worried.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks