Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 12:38   #1801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
My research has thrown up another facet/point of view --- that most of the modern appliance's built in power supplies can handle a very wide range off input voltage. Therefore a 'Stabiliser', they claim, is redundant. They say what is required is a surge and spike protector - something like this - Monster PowerCenter™ HT 800 with Clean Power™ Stage 1 at the best price in India! Sumaria.in

I also went to a couple of leading AV showrooms locally. There also I found that they were hooking up the equipment to raw power - had no stabiliser at all.

EDIT: Perhaps the conversation on stabilisers can be moved/continued here.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...abilisers.html
Man that surge protector is 8.5k + the 18k i'll spend on the pure sine wave inverter. Does the inverter has a surge protector built in>>> SU-KAM <<< Leading manufacturer of Power Products in India, Only Power back up company manufacturing world class UPS, Home UPS, Online UPS, Inverters, Batteries, Battery Chargers, Solar Products ?. So as you told above we don't need stabilizers anymore, then i can just do away with a good inverter.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:04   #1802
BHPian

LG Plasama 32 inch

Hi Every one ,

I am on very tight buget ( max Rs 30,000 ) and was looking on for 29 Inch CRT TV, just saw the AD in newpaper about LG plasama 32 inches ( for 29,000 ) .

guide me if that is a good deal wrt plasama TV , the only other choice i have is Sony 26 inch LCD ( worth 29000 )
Old 4th November 2008, 13:18   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Every one ,

I am on very tight buget ( max Rs 30,000 ) and was looking on for 29 Inch CRT TV, just saw the AD in newpaper about LG plasama 32 inches ( for 29,000 ) .

guide me if that is a good deal wrt plasama TV , the only other choice i have is Sony 26 inch LCD ( worth 29000 )
For anything less than 40", you'll be better of with a 29" CRT TV. There is no match between 26" LCD and 29" CRT, in which the later wins hands down unless you want to connect a pc. There may be different views on this.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:49   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
As Selective said, Devi is at the mercy of Panasonic supplying the TV to them. Devi doesn't keep stock of the Panny but gets it on demand basis. So the delay is from the Panasonic wholesale dealer. Even we got it a day late. As i said earlier, since I paid only 500 bucks I wasn't that worried.
You are right. Looks like they have some difficulty. Devi guy doesn't pick the phone now.
Two of us have already tried reaching him.
Old 5th November 2008, 09:59   #1805
BHPian

Received the PV80D from Devi yesterday night.
SD content through Hathway STB does not look that great. I see scan lines in the background. Is it due to the poor signal quality? h Have to fix this part.
DVD content looks great. I have a panasonic home theater system as well. Watched Lord of Rings once again with its full grace.
Old 5th November 2008, 10:45   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Received the PV80D from Devi yesterday night.
SD content through Hathway STB does not look that great. I see scan lines in the background. Is it due to the poor signal quality? h Have to fix this part.
DVD content looks great. I have a panasonic home theater system as well. Watched Lord of Rings once again with its full grace.
thats odd - i have hathway and it works just awesome on my pv80 - try the natgeo, discovery, animal planet channels
Old 5th November 2008, 11:05   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
thats odd - i have hathway and it works just awesome on my pv80 - try the natgeo, discovery, animal planet channels
I now used a different cable for video on hathway STB (the one which came along with my Home theater) and the picture has improved a lot and the scan lines have gone away.

I guess STB with component video will do great job.

Yes, those channels look great.
Thanks jassi.
Old 5th November 2008, 11:28   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
I now used a different cable for video on hathway STB (the one which came along with my Home theater) and the picture has improved a lot and the scan lines have gone away.

I guess STB with component video will do great job.

Yes, those channels look great.
Thanks jassi.
you're welcome - plasmas may tie with lcds for hd content, but i have really started to like plasmas for SD - couldn't be happier with my panny even though i paid 72k

what I really wish for is atleast a 720p STB (the whole dvd quality claims by all providers are quite questionable)
Old 5th November 2008, 12:03   #1809
BHPian

I got a call from Panasonic asking when they have to come for installation. I was surprised with the prompt call. I thought they never call up.

I said I did it my self and he was fine with it.
He has taken the serial number of the TV to raise the warranty.
Old 5th November 2008, 12:08   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from Panasonic asking when they have to come for installation. I was surprised with the prompt call. I thought they never call up.

I said I did it my self and he was fine with it.
He has taken the serial number of the TV to raise the warranty.
Really! You are the lucky one! (even though that doesnt mean anything). I never got any call so far.
Old 5th November 2008, 13:39   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Hey I got a call only today morning. I asked him to come on Saturday and he promised to do so. Lets see.

I get scan lines moving from the top to the bottom from my STB. I also get background noise. My cable wallah is not interested in changing the STB for me. Stupid fellow. I might have to move to DTH if this continues.
Old 5th November 2008, 14:14   #1812
BHPian

i too got the delivery y'day and got a call this morning from the service engineer.

If anybody needs his number PM me
Old 5th November 2008, 14:33   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Hey I got a call only today morning. I asked him to come on Saturday and he promised to do so. Lets see.

I get scan lines moving from the top to the bottom from my STB. I also get background noise. My cable wallah is not interested in changing the STB for me. Stupid fellow. I might have to move to DTH if this continues.
Same with me. scan lines reduced a lot after using a better cable, but still a bit remains and it disturbs me. Background noise is another problem.

Are you using Hathway?
I am also seriously thinking about moving to a better DTH service.

Works perfect with S-Video and Home Theater.
Old 5th November 2008, 14:45   #1814
BHPian

I have started a new thread for Panasonic plasmas here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1041558

How about we following this thread for Panasonic plasma specific stuff?
Old 5th November 2008, 15:25   #1815
BHPian

Mods suggested we continue Panasonic discussion here itself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks