Old 26th June 2019, 15:58   #8926
BHPian

Mi.
In addition to your needs, it has patchwall
Which is their version of content (Google Patchwall) viewing via the net
Old 30th June 2019, 22:26   #8927
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

I recently picked up a LG 49 inch 4k TV. Specific model number 49UK6360PTE. This is not an OLED TV but a normal 4k LED.

Got from an LG store. They matched the price available on Amazon. There is a free insurance for a year available as well.
Pictures are stunning on the TV as expected.
Old 30th June 2019, 22:54   #8928
BHPian

I just picked up a VU Pixelight 43 inch 4k as a PC monitor use.
Surprised to find 4k 60Hz at 4:4:4 chroma support (8 bit)
Performs exactly as 4 monitor mosaic...
Cherry on top: Supports Youtube, Netflix & Amazon prime. Don't need to switch on my PC for them. And HDR Supported for PS4 gaming.

Got it for 24k... Happy Days...!

Note: I own a 55 VU pixelight for the last 2 years, and it gave me zero issues. Hope this is in the same league.
Old 1st July 2019, 14:15   #8929
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

Anyone has any experience with Mi TVs. I am planning to buy the 4A Pro (43 inches) which is around INR 23000.

How is the picture and sound quality for normal HD viewing? and how is the service backup? I will mostly be using it for online streaming.
Old 1st July 2019, 14:45   #8930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Guys!

Anyone has any experience with Mi TVs. I am planning to buy the 4A Pro (43 inches) which is around INR 23000.

How is the picture and sound quality for normal HD viewing? and how is the service backup? I will mostly be using it for online streaming.

I've the 32 inch one and I love it. The service backup is good with my previous experiences with them regarding phones atleast. Sound quality is great for the price.
Old 1st July 2019, 15:33   #8931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys!

I have the 55" Mi TV 4 while my friend has a newer 40" Mi TV. We are both satisfied with the purchase. My 2 points: There is only SPDIF audio out or bluetooth to connect external speakers. This limits connectivity options to my existing sound systems. Another one is the patchwall update. Since this is not pure android, I'm not able to install Netflix/ Amazon prime as of now. I think newer versions may not have this issue.

Here's my old post on the tv: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4462631 (The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.)

Last edited by saket77 : 1st July 2019 at 15:35.
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:43   #8932
BHPian

Hi, back ground here on my now-defunct LG TV https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4573782 (The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.)

Just want to add one point - I went for repair, spent INR 8,500. All ports worked for a month, before No-Signal making a comeback.

Quote:
Hi Guys!
After extensive research, finalized 2 models -

TCL 55C6 and Samsung 55RU7100 (Croma)

After all cashback, Samsung had a landing price of INR 65,000 (let me tell you, this is the best price in the market right now for this TV, and despite being the entry-level series, has great features and display. Comes with 2-yr warranty)

TCL C6 has great literature online, but the TV was no where to be seen in flesh. Wherever I went, they just showed me the 55C2 and said that the difference is only in the speakers. Waited for 10 days, but the TV never made it to the showroom display as earlier promised by them.

All this while I had one eye on the MI TVs, and was looking for first-person feedback.

The other option I had in mind was to buy a 32" TV and Epson EH-TW650 projector.

Around 20 days back I happened to discuss this with couple of my team members, and realized they were using the 32", 43" and 55" MI TVs at their residences. Took a detailed feedback and found it to be reasonable.

Also, MI is clear on their cost of repair - https://mobile.mi.com/in/service/sparepartsprice/

Samsung suddenly felt expensive!

Next day went ahead with the 49" Full HD MI 4A Pro series.

Have been using it and must say that INR 29,999 was well spent.

The TV has Oreo 8.1, you can leverage Android as well as Patchwall.

The remote is a major USP of the Pro series TV, voice search works bang on target, each time, every time.

2 dedicated buttons on the remote to go into Patchwall or Android.

Have side-loaded Aptoide TV, and Prime Video and Netflix work seamlessly. There are specific application versions that will work, not all.

Installed Jio TV and Jio Cinema too. For Jio TV, I modified the apk using APK editor which now has my Jio credentials cached. No need to input credentials everytime. Just click Sign in and you are good to go.

Hotstar, Zee5, SonyLIV apps come preinstalled. Even Prime Video is expected, but there's no date given by MI India.

Combination of ARC & CEC will ensure that your home theatre (HT) will boot up along with the TV (provided the power supply to the HT is on) and will output sound.

Booting up from power-off position takes 30 secs.

UI is smooth - no lag, no stuttering. Support on You Tube is great with dedicated reviews, how-to's, etc. on MI TVs.

I desisted from going ahead with the 55" as this was my first encounter with a low-budget TV brand.

Pls. let me know if you have any specific question/s.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 2nd July 2019 at 09:56.
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:55   #8933
BHPian

Do you have a list of Mi service centers that takes care of the TVs? I had searched online, but couldn't find any, hence had got a Sanyo LED instead.
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:57   #8934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Have side-loaded Aptoide TV, and Prime Video and Netflix work seamlessly. There are specific application versions that will work, not all.
Can you please let me know if Prime Video will work on 55" TV4 with patchwall?

Quote:
Installed Jio TV and Jio Cinema too. For Jio TV, I modified the apk using APK editor which now has my Jio credentials cached. No need to input credentials everytime. Just click Sign in and you are good to go.
Also, please point me to the APK editor you are talking about. I have Jio TV app but I need to input credentials everytime which is a pain.

Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:23   #8935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Do you have a list of Mi service centers that takes care of the TVs? I had searched online, but couldn't find any, hence had got a Sanyo LED instead.
No, I do not have a list, however, the office colleague that I mentioned in my post above had issues with his 55" TV as the power to it was abruptly cut-off during rains (no UPS). The TV didn't switch ON the next day and he logged a call with MI Helpline.

The guys visited his place and concluded that the motherboard was defunct, and replaced it within 3 days - no charges levied.

His 32" set underwent the same power cut, but was not damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Can you please let me know if Prime Video will work on 55" TV4 with patchwall?
2 things -

1) Have you updated your TV to the latest version? I can give you the exact build number when I reach home today, however, the update I am talking about is Android Oreo 8.1

2) One needs to select "Amazon Instant Video", then "Other versions" and install version "3.0.246.15341". I can confirm as of today morning that this version works on my MI TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Also, please point me to the APK editor you are talking about. I have Jio TV app but I need to input credentials everytime which is a pain.Thanks.
Sir, I have PM'd you the links to APK Editor as JioTV apk - the ones that I have been using.

Below are the steps to run Jio TV with your cached credentials. All steps to be performed on your cell phone.
  1. Install APK editor from the link shared with you.
  2. Select "Select an Apk file"
  3. Select JioTv.apk
  4. Select "Full Edit (RESOURCE RE-BUILD)"
  5. At the bottom, select "Files"
  6. Select "res"
  7. Select "layout"
  8. Select "fragment_login.xml"
  9. Go to section-9 and edit the field android:text="<your Jio TV user name>"
  10. Go to section-14 and edit the field android:text="<your Jio TV password>"
  11. Click Save icon at the bottom left corner, then go back one step.
  12. Click "Build" on the top right corner.
  13. Note down the path where it saved your apk file. It will be named as gen_signed.apk
  14. On the same message page, select "Close".
  15. Copy this apk to your TV and select "Install from USB" option.

Next, open the installed JioTV app and your credentials should show up cached.

I hope this works for you. Thanks.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 2nd July 2019 at 14:24.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:30   #8936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2 things -

1) Have you updated your TV to the latest version? I can give you the exact build number when I reach home today, however, the update I am talking about is Android Oreo 8.1

2) One needs to select "Amazon Instant Video", then "Other versions" and install version "3.0.246.15341". I can confirm as of today morning that this version works on my MI TV.
Mine is the oldet TV4 and not the Pro model. I believe that android update is not available for this model as yet unlike the Pro models.

Quote:
I have PM'd you the links to APK Editor as JioTV apk - the ones that I have been using.

Below are the steps to run Jio TV with your cached credentials. All steps to be performed on your cell phone.
That will really help. And special thanks for the exhaustive process flow chart in your post for modifying the app.

Regards,
Saket
Old 4th July 2019, 09:06   #8937
Senior - BHPian

Finally after No TV for 4-5 years, bought a 55" LG TV (55UK6360PTE). Got the TV installed yesterday. Will do a review once we have used it for a while. Bought this from Croma. Their price was ~66k and on the day (30-Jun-19) I purchased it and the price on Amazon was ~64k. So they matched the price. It is another matter that after two days, the price of this TV on Amazon was ~60k.

I should be getting a cash back of 2500 (credit card EMI) and gift vouchers of Rs. 3000 from Croma. This comes with 2 year warranty (1 year full and 1 year Panel only) and I bought extended warranty (full warranty) for 2 more years from Croma which cost ~6k. Hopefully this should serve us well in the coming years.
Old 4th July 2019, 09:50   #8938
BHPian

To all those looking to buy the LG 55UK6360 -

Samsung 55RU7100 is much much better, is the latest model, comes with 2 year warranty (full and panel), and this is based on hands-on in Croma Banashankari, Bangalore.

My house is teeming with LG products - we have been using LG products for at least 20 years now - refrigerators, microwave ovens, washing machines, tvs and ACs - so, even today, I have nothing negative towards LG. At the same time, I do NOT own any Samsung device as of today. Both, my cellphone and TV are MI, washing machine is BOSCH, microwave is LG.

But as far as the above LG model is concerned, it has got white pixels within its RGB layout (every 4th pixel is white) , which Samsung does not have. This LG tv is not 100% 4K. Pls. visit your preferred showroom, check both the TVs like you would watch at home, tweak all settings & modes and then decide for yourself.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 4th July 2019 at 10:00.
Old 6th July 2019, 14:46   #8939
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

My LG 42" LED TV bought 5 years back started giving problems. A couple of days back, picture stopped & there was only sound. The LG guy came today. Some board was spoilt. He quoted 6000-7000 to replace a small board in TV (including repair charge). He put a temp testing board & the picture started coming but now there are 2 vertical lines on the TV (was not there 2 days back). He said that cannot be fixed without changing the panel. So for now, he has put the testing board & he will order a new board & fix it after a week. He said the panel should carry on with the lines for a year or two atleast.

For now, the lines are not so bad, but if it gets any worse I will have to buy a new TV.

Looking for a 42 inch full HD TV (smart not necessary) - this time I am not planning to buy a premium brand like LG/Samsung - I don't think LED TVs are as reliable as CRTs - my older CRT was going strong for 10 years when I replaced it just because the family wanted a 40 incher. Which other brands are almost as good in terms of quality & service and are considerably cheaper than LG?

Last edited by carboy : 6th July 2019 at 14:47.
Old 6th July 2019, 15:46   #8940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Which other brands are almost as good in terms of quality & service and are considerably cheaper than LG?
I have three Sony tvs and one LG. My oldest Sony 46" LCD (9 years) has had display and hdmi issues so far twice. Each time the Sony technician was able to fix it by component replacement of ics. The recent failure was this month with complete picture color fading and appearing dotted. He changed the display chip for 3000rs. He also replaced the hdmi chips and all my hdmi ports work well again. That cost me 1000 and 500 was service charge. Earlier I had paid 1200 for a previous such picture disturbance, about three years back.
My lg 37" Led failed similarly but the LG technician refused any board repairs and I had to change it for 7-8k, forgotten the exact figure. For this ability of repair rather than replace I prefer Sony tvs based on these two brands that I own.
In your case, I would not change the board for 7k knowing the panel will need change anyway due to the lines.

Most Viewed