Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 18:33   #8971
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Could anyone help me out with a choice of stabilizer for TV and DTH combo?

I got a new 32 inch Samsung a few weeks back. The old one from LG conked off with the display shivering every 5 seconds.

Want to ensure this lasts a while before replacement.

Thank you.
Old 23rd July 2019, 18:50   #8972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Could anyone help me out with a choice of stabilizer for TV and DTH combo?

I got a new 32 inch Samsung a few weeks back. The old one from LG conked off with the display shivering every 5 seconds.

Want to ensure this lasts a while before replacement.

Thank you.
I went for V-Guard. Suggested the same for people in my circle and they are very satisfied too. Check them at amazon.

Regards.
Old 24th July 2019, 19:38   #8973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Chromecast or Firestick? In view of recent developments in tech, which is better? (for a friend who is shopping in USA). He has an old 27 inch Samsung
Having owned both, my vote goes to Fire TV Stick -

1) Bluetooth audio connectivity to Home Theatre in absence of Audio-Out on your primary device.

2) Option to connect to a saved Wi-Fi SSID in case the one it's currently connected to fails.
Old 24th July 2019, 21:15   #8974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Any idea if the Prime Video App will make its way to the Google Play store on the Android TV?

There was a recent news that Google and Amazon have ended their competition war with respect to the app. The cast to TV feature works now. But having the app would be more convenient.

PS: The TV make is TCL 65 inch QLED - Android certified TV.
I don't know if it is on the Play Store, but it is on TV's. We recently purchased an iFFalcon Android TV, which came with Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar etc pre-installed. I assume they downloaded it from the Play Store on a company level
Old 26th July 2019, 11:14   #8975
BHPian

Guys, I have a question to 4k TV owners. Do you see substantial difference like day and night between the 1080p picture and 4k picture, like you feel it when you watch same content on SD channel and then on HD channel?

I know 4k would mostly be restricted to movies and shows that are created in recent past. But should 4k be reason enough to upgrade from a full HD TV?

Also, what is your experience with 4k firestick with the budget brands like Vu, TCL etc. Are all the HDMI ports HDCP 2.2 compliant?
Old 29th July 2019, 08:29   #8976
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, I have a question to 4k TV owners. Do you see substantial difference like day and night between the 1080p picture and 4k picture, like you feel it when you watch same content on SD channel and then on HD channel?

I know 4k would mostly be restricted to movies and shows that are created in recent past. But should 4k be reason enough to upgrade from a full HD TV?
This is for all the future buyers and for those interested in 4K television - do not buy a Chinese brand or any brand that is just labeling them "4K" and providing a panel of 4K without any software or optimizing processor to support it, the pictures will be no different from that of the 1K, at least from a normal viewing distance.

Having a Sony 4K (42") television for 2 years, I can certainly make out a clear difference between 4K and 1K, more so since the overall t.v size is small. One must pay the premium and buy established brands because they optimize everything for 4K viewing and in the case of Sony, they have features like X-Reality processor to optimize, brighten or darken each individual picture on each frame to increase sharpness, dynamic range and visibility, thus exploiting the 4K capabilities. No Chinese or South Korean television can come even a fraction close to such viewing quality and realism (without bloated, saturated colors that sting the eye). The next best is Sharp.

Having said that, 4K is just, an additional but unwanted luxury to the t.v owing experience, one must have brutally fast internet to process the 4K output, plus a blu-ray player is an absolute must for playing 4K movies. I think if one is willing to put down for these investments, then 4K is worth it, but by no means is it a budget setup.

1080p is good for now is what I'd say, specially on a budget. Just get the Japanese brands like Sony/Sharp/Panasonic in that order.
Old 29th July 2019, 10:23   #8977
Senior - BHPian

I can't agree with you more. Please shell out the extra bucks and buy reputed. Our 2017 model hasn't missed a beat ever since we got it. Wildlife is such a pleasure to watch on Sony 4K! Sharp has the most advanced manufacturing plant in the world now, so the TVs are really great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
do not buy a Chinese brand or any brand that is just labelling them "4K". They have features like X-Reality.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_3393.jpg  

Old 29th July 2019, 11:06   #8978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I bought a 43" LG Smart TV 43LJ554T Link in April.

I was overall happy with the TV till date but today observed an issue with the screen. There is a single line that is appearing across the screen in the middle.

Please advise what could be this issue and considering the TV to be hardly 3 months old, what should be the approach while contacting LG customer support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
What you’re experiencing is the ‘burn-in’ of CRT equivalent to LCDs. Precisely why screen savers were used. Read more about ghost image retention here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_persistence

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Also, it helps if the service person can clearly see the issue - so if these lines are visible with some specific content, it will be better to keep it handy to demonstrate the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I suspect the panel has an issue. Please request a refund/ replacement/ repair (in that order)
So it turns out to be a dead pixel in the panel that is causing the issue.

The new panel is ordered by the LG service centre and they should replace it by this week.

This experience has made me question my decision to go for an LG LED TV. I already have two Sony LED/LCD TVs and wanted to go for a different brand. Though I still don't have any complaint in terms of the features that I got in the TV but in terms of quality and reliability of components, LG disappointed. A 3-month-old TV requiring panel replacement is something not expected.

On another note, the guy from the service centre asked me the bill copy to which I handed over what I had. He said 'it is a delivery challan and not a bill'. I asked the dealer for the same and he sent me an invoice which had a different date of sale than what was mentioned in the delivery challan. LG guy told me it will not work as the dates are different. I somehow got the date corrected and got the part ordered for replacement.

Is there any difference between 'Delivery challan' and 'Invoice' as I could not find any major difference. Both had product details, serial number and GSTIN number. What the guy was adamant that a delivery challan is not a bill.

Sample Copy of Delivery challan that my dealer gave to me as a bill.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-bill1.jpg

Actual invoice copy that I received.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-bill.jpg
Old 29th July 2019, 11:25   #8979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Is there any difference between 'Delivery challan' and 'Invoice' as I could not find any major difference. Both had product details, serial number and GSTIN number. What the guy was adamant that a delivery challan is not a bill.
Yes, a delivery challan & invoice are different. One should always insist on the invoice if not provided. In fact, it is must for a seller to provide the 'tax invoice' like the second one you posted. A few months earlier, I bought an AC and the seller just provided the delivery challan, which he sent along with the person who delivered the AC. I visited him next day and he issued the invoice without a fuss.

The difference is- in the delivery challan, there is no GST break-up. Plus this is not a legal document of ownership of goods. This is only your acceptance of goods being delivered at your place. You got to have a 'pakka bill' which is the invoice. It has a proper serial number filed with GST dept. along with proper value of goods and GST break up and mandatory for claiming the warranty. The LG service guy was right in not accepting the delivery challan as proper document.

Hopefully your issue resolves and you have a good ownership excperience post the replacement.

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited by saket77 : 29th July 2019 at 11:27.
Old 29th July 2019, 11:33   #8980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

I own an iFFALCON 55 inch 4K, and I hardly see any difference in PQ between 1080p and 4K. Probably its my internet as I stream via WIFI. Will re-evaluate after I run a wire from my router to the TV.

One reason to upgrade to a 4K TV is that most TVs 50 inch and above are coming only as 4K TVs.
Old 30th July 2019, 23:18   #8981
BHPian

Hello everyone, last month I had purchased mi led TV 4a pro 32 inch and it is used only with internet and usb input and out of nowhere the screen has started flashing blue, green, red, white,etc colors and after restarting the TV the problem comes back within 5 to 7 minutes and everything else is working in TV other than the screen. What could be the problem?

Last edited by revvharder : 30th July 2019 at 23:35.
Old 30th July 2019, 23:43   #8982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Hello everyone, last month I had purchased mi led TV 4a pro 32 inch and it is used only with internet and usb input and out of nowhere the screen has started flashing blue, green, red, white,etc colors and after restarting the TV the problem comes back within 5 to 7 minutes and everything else is working in TV other than the screen. What could be the problem?
Check if the software is running the latest release. MI fixed a similar issue as per the during last patch wall update. If problem persists, best to lodge a complaint with MI. After all, this is a month old tv!
Old 31st July 2019, 11:26   #8983
BANNED

Sony pushed the Oreo update for our 55X9000E recently. Since the update two primary issues have cropped up i.e the wifi doesn't connect after power on/off at switchboard and the voice remote is useless. I checked online and issues are global in nature. I called up Sony and they said you installed some corrupt app. It is really pathetic state of affairs that after paying so much, the companies cannot ensure to give trouble free update ( in case they give ).

Mod Note : Please refrain from adding a space before a full stop. Instead, add a space after the full stop.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2019 at 07:48. Reason: See mod note
Old 31st July 2019, 11:35   #8984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Check if the software is running the latest release. MI fixed a similar issue as per the during last patch wall update. If problem persists, best to lodge a complaint with MI. After all, this is a month old tv!
Updated the software last night was over 700 MB, though the screen flashing issue was not mentioned in the update and after 4 hours of using TV the issue resurfaced and the TV is now constantly flashing colors. Have registered a complaint with MI.

Q1. Could it be a virus as the content is streamed through internet 90% of the time ?
Q2. Should I ask for a replacement if the issue turns out to be of motherboard or just let them replace the parts?

Last edited by revvharder : 31st July 2019 at 11:46.
Old 31st July 2019, 11:50   #8985
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a 43" LG Smart TV 43LJ554T Link in April.

I was overall happy with the TV .... while contacting LG customer support.

]
Panel issue. Had this on my laptop. They replaced the screen under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks