Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2019, 07:45   #9226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Devi International.
The owner-promoter will be around walking like other salesmen and if you can identify and speak to him, on the spot, he provides you great discounts and deals. I have purchased most of my home appliances and TVs from him for the past 2 decades and I can vouch, he provides the best deal, south of vindhyas!
Wow...put his picture up here so we can all ID him
Old 18th December 2019, 08:42   #9227
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I've recently owned LG C8 OLED TV with some good discount
Couple of questions:

1. From where did you buy this from in Bangalore and for how much?

2. How worried should one be about the OLED screen burn in issue considering the channel logos are static on the screen as well as the DTH logo which is on the same spot of the screen all the time?
Old 18th December 2019, 12:37   #9228
BHPian

Yes Oled burn in is an issue,my LG C8 Oled Tv(2yrs old) for the past month is in repairs. Had taken the Zopper extended warranty,the same old response(sir LG has still not sent the panel.)
Old 18th December 2019, 16:58   #9229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Purchased a LG 55" UHD TV from Reliance Digital, with a bundled JBL soundbar at effective price of Rs 53k (after card cashbacks) with fair bit of haggling. Picture quality seems decent for 4K content, and magic remote is a big plus.

Was pleasantly surprised to find physical store price better than online price.

TV : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07TJ873DB/..._xKM9DbMA6PTMS
Soundbar :
https://www.amazon.in/JBL-Cinema-SB1.../dp/B07W7X5FWH

Which store was this? This is a sweet deal!

@All: I'm planning to get a second TV for the living room (have shifted my 42" Sony Bravia to the parent's room) and was wondering how good are the TCL TVs? Not much worried about sound since the home theater and XBOX will be connected to it. But how good are TCL or Vu or Sharp TVs? A 55" or 65" from these are pretty inexpensive compared to LG or Samsung!
Old 18th December 2019, 17:15   #9230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Which store was this? This is a sweet deal!
This was a Reliance Digital store on RamamurthyNagar flyover. There are some good cashbacks of 10% upto Rs 6000 on ICICI and StanC Credit for the month of December.

I had also started with MI/VU/TCL 55" in mind, but found the LG one was only 15K more, so went for it.
Old 18th December 2019, 17:38   #9231
BHPian

Quote:
This was a Reliance Digital store on RamamurthyNagar flyover.
Holy Vishnu! That's like another part of the country in Bengaluru's traffic! Will try to haggle with a nearby Reliance store.

Quote:
I had also started with MI/VU/TCL 55" in mind, but found the LG one was only 15K more, so went for it.
Heart says for the living room I should get a Bravia or the LG type, mind says there isn't going to be much of a difference between an LG/Sony/Samsung and TCL/Sharp in watching Prime or Netflix! Phew confused.
Old 18th December 2019, 18:16   #9232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heart says for the living room I should get a Bravia or the LG type, mind says there isn't going to be much of a difference between an LG/Sony/Samsung and TCL/Sharp in watching Prime or Netflix! Phew confused.
You have mixed up the hierarchy, it should be Sony > Sharp >>>>>>> LG >>> Samsung >>>> TCL.

Of course this is strictly speaking of realistic colors, motion engine, picture processing and natural colours. Samsung is the king of overblown colors and bad blacks, LG is slightly better in this regard. Sony is the uncontested king of realistic moving pictures. I suggest you go for it at a slight premium.

Eye blasting colors and literally cartoonish output is Samsungs forte.
Old 18th December 2019, 20:32   #9233
BHPian

Quote:

Trust me, there’s a world of difference between LG/Sony/Samsung and TCL/VU/Mi and the likes.

Sony is undisputedly the best, and therefore commands the premium. If you are open to it, Panasonic comes close at a slightly lesser price point. Not a fan of oversaturated colours on Samsung, while LG had too much of the soap opera effect.

Recently bought a Panasonic (55” GX750), after extensive demos, and above observations are based thereon.
Old 18th December 2019, 21:29   #9234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whichor Samsung!
I picked up a tcl 65 for 53k with a 3 year warranty. After having used Sonys and Samsungs for ever, initially it felt a bit off, but nothing that playing around with a few settings did not fix.
Sound is actually much better than any of my previous TVs. I'm stumped as to what I should do with my speaker system now.
I agree that a Sony has the best pic quality, but the premium is far too much now. A similar spec was more than double. For a product which essentially now has a life of 3-4 years, not feasible.

Don't go by the store viewing comparisons. For some reason, actually quite obvious ones, the cheaper brands are usually at the dullest settings. Ask the guys for the remote and tweak and take your call.

Last edited by mayankk : 18th December 2019 at 21:31.
Old 19th December 2019, 07:21   #9235
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Yes Oled burn in is an issue,my LG C8 Oled Tv(2yrs old) for the past month is in repairs. Had taken the Zopper extended warranty,the same old response(sir LG has still not sent the panel.)
Thank you. So LG's claim that it is nearly impossible for their OLEDs to burn in if the use is normal is false it seems.

Will stick to normal LED then.
Old 19th December 2019, 10:42   #9236
Senior - BHPian

It could be a one off case. My cousin is using a 55 inch LG OLED for 2 years (purchased from Croma). And it's mostly on all the time, no issues noticed so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Thank you. So LG's claim that it is nearly impossible for their OLEDs to burn in if the use is normal is false it seems. Will stick to normal LED then.
Old 21st December 2019, 02:07   #9237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Couple of questions:

1. From where did you buy this from in Bangalore and for how much?

2. How worried should one be about the OLED screen burn in issue considering the channel logos are static on the screen as well as the DTH logo which is on the same spot of the screen all the time?
1> I got it from Unilet, since they were the only one who had the stock at that time, I had a bad experience with them, they initially tried to push a used/demo unit to me and I had to return it and complain LG as well (that's common when you try to get an outgoing product in the market.
I got it for 100K+7.5K cashback and hence was really thinking if I should go for an extended warranty (close to 51k for extended 3 years if bought from LG) or just spend another 50K and buy a new unit when there is a good discount.

2> There are chances of OLED burning if the usage pattern is really bad, more than few hours of watching with the same channel / logo continuously, not letting TV to run its refresh cycles etc.. There are some OLED burning tests done by rtings.com and if you know Vincent (you tube reviewer) he has also done some great job in terms of continuous running of OLED TVs in double digit hours a day but trying to simulate the actual home environment where you switch between the channels every few hours. They have not found burning to be an inherent issue, unless its really abused.
Old 23rd December 2019, 16:39   #9238
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this on my hotstar connection on an Mi TV.
Video source showing 1080p but screen showing 720p!
This is on the MiTV 43 43 inch full hd tv.

Any idea what this means please?
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20191222_230550.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2019, 17:36   #9239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Just saw this on my hotstar connection on an Mi TV.
Video source showing 1080p but screen showing 720p!
This is on the MiTV 43 43 inch full hd tv.

Any idea what this means please?
Not sure if Mi TV has the option to change the resolution like in a monitor but as seen from the picture, the resolution of the TV screen is HD ready (1280x720) and not full HD (1920x1080)

And the resolution of the video file is full HD; which when played in this TV will be down-scaled to match the screen resolution.
Old 24th December 2019, 15:26   #9240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Not sure if Mi TV has the option to change the resolution like in a monitor but as seen from the picture, the resolution of the TV screen is HD ready (1280x720) and not full HD (1920x1080)

And the resolution of the video file is full HD; which when played in this TV will be down-scaled to match the screen resolution.
Dont see an option. The TV is a full HD tv. The same on my 10 year old Samsung LCD showed screen resolution at 1080p.
Could it be a possible fraud case?
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-samsungscreenshot.jpg  

Last edited by Hatari : 24th December 2019 at 15:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks