Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 09:51   #2446
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
But their customer care guy told me the refund in case of COD will be in the name of the recipient of the product.
I will be confirming with them once again. Thanks.

Update:Just called their customer care and the executive told me in case of refund, it will be made to the person in whose name the bill has been made and not to the person who made the order. Though I must get this in writing from them. Sending a mail right now.
Redmi 1S has no refund policy it can ONLY be replaced by one more Redmi 1S in case the Redmi you get is a defective piece.
Old 7th November 2014, 09:55   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Redmi 1S has no refund policy it can ONLY be replaced by one more Redmi 1S in case the Redmi you get is a defective piece.
Yes sir, but sometimes when they don't have a replacement, they promptly make a refund. My concerns were basically related with this possibility.
Old 7th November 2014, 10:05   #2448
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Yes sir, but sometimes when they don't have a replacement, they promptly make a refund. My concerns were basically related with this possibility.
Nowadays the Redmi1S is not really stocked out in 3/4 sec. I would suggest you should wait for the next sale and simply buy it. You will get atleast a 10 sec window.
Old 7th November 2014, 11:54   #2449
BHPian

Looking for a good epilator which does hair removal and foot cleaning for my spouse.
Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 7th November 2014, 12:03   #2450
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Nowadays the Redmi1S is not really stocked out in 3/4 sec. I would suggest you should wait for the next sale and simply buy it. You will get atleast a 10 sec window.
I registered for the last sale but forget to login until 2:15 and was still able to add it into the cart .
Old 7th November 2014, 12:15   #2451
Senior - BHPian

A word of caution for anyone who are planning to order Rearth Monster Grip from flipkart ( http://www.flipkart.com/rearth-monst...mdpa4uavnpzrud ) - please do not order it from the seller EASY2WAY.

I ordered the product last week and got it yesterday but when I opened the pack, it was just a generic china made replica of the Rearth Monster grip. The invoice send with the package clearly mentions that it is Rearth Monster grip. Called up the customer care and placed an order for replacement - hope this time they will send me the real product.

--Anoop
Old 7th November 2014, 13:49   #2452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Looking for a good epilator which does hair removal and foot cleaning for my spouse.
Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ramki
Wife recently purchased Philips HP6419/02 model, very satisfied with the product. Check it out. Biggest advantage is it's a corded model, so no charge-before-use nonsense like a lot of cordless grooming products.

Costs around 2500 INR.
Old 7th November 2014, 14:13   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Recently I have bought some stuff from amazon.com (US site) and unlike some months back, they now ship a lot of stuff to India (or at least to Delhi where I live). Amazon has a universal username/password and so if you use your India credentials at amazon.com, it will first up tell you if that item ships to Delhi. Huge change from some months back when you built a cart only to find out that it does not ship to Delhi.

Even with freight and import duties, for some items, I found amazon.com to be very competitive with Indian sites. It is useful if the stuff is not available in India or at least not easily.

Get it billed in US$ and not Rs. Amazon.com charges a substantially high $ conversion rate like 65 right now. Just last night I bought some stuff there which was around 5400 in Rs., but $83. My bank charged my credit card Rs. 5200.

Even on amazon.in, I find it much better especially on returns. No doubts shown, minimal questions asked, quick returns, and very quick refund. The process seems automated at amazon.in whereas at flipkart, on one return, I had to jump through hoops to get it returned and refunded.
Old 7th November 2014, 14:37   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Wife recently purchased Philips HP6419/02 model, very satisfied with the product. Check it out. Biggest advantage is it's a corded model, so no charge-before-use nonsense like a lot of cordless grooming products.

Costs around 2500 INR.
Thanks Chetan. I liked the model and bought it
Old 7th November 2014, 20:33   #2455
Senior - BHPian

I finally solved the mystery of No reviews on products listed on snapdeal. I myself posted few reviews on the products bought by me on Diwali, they are showing my reviews under approval since last few days. I am sure they will not post them.
Old 8th November 2014, 08:02   #2456
BHPian

Snapdeal is pretty bad these days. I bought a jopasu car duster on 6th Oct and it is not delivered yet. All their promises on trust pay is crap. They have not refunded money also. Every time I call customer service they raise a complaint to the concerned department and promise a call back in 48 hours. Looks like time has come to a standstill at snap deal. Only complaints are being raised and no action on them. I am ready fed up following up with them. These days whenever you call customer service you are always caller number 70+. This shows the increase in customer dissatisfaction. Even comments on their Facebook page are moderated.
Old 8th November 2014, 09:38   #2457
BHPian

Snapdeal. Opted for a COD for Proactive yesterday morning and evening got a mailer stating the product is shipped from Delhi. Fingers crossed and hope the product should show up at my doorstep next week. This is the first time the product I ordered from Snapdeal is getting shipped the same day. I am getting lucky with Amazon and Snapdeal
Old 8th November 2014, 10:10   #2458
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I had ordered a jacket from AliExpress worth Rs. 540 odd. These are the tracking details, I need it to be delivered to Bangalore.

The Online Shopping Thread-ali.jpg

As you can see, there has been no progress after the 29th of last month. Any idea whom I am supposed to contact?
Old 8th November 2014, 10:47   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The retailers employ the couriers, the responsibility and the blame lies with the retailers.
Came across this:

http://www.firstpost.com/living/im-b...s-1793207.html
Old 8th November 2014, 11:05   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Guys, I had ordered a jacket from AliExpress worth Rs. 540 odd. These are the tracking details, I need it to be delivered to Bangalore.

Attachment 1306769

As you can see, there has been no progress after the 29th of last month. Any idea whom I am supposed to contact?
Contact your local post office and maybe they can help. But usually i have not had much luck with them as well. I just wait and hope i get it before protection runs out. Else i claim for refund.

Thrice i had to do it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks