Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 16:41   #3031
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If you look at the list of permissions asked for by the Amazon app, you'll find the "run at startup" permission is missing. So it cannot auto-start or consume battery, and I'm sure you're mistaken.

The 60 MB you are talking of is the installed size of the app, I believe.
Sirjee, I have uninstalled their app last June. However, back then it was exactly as described:
a. Their app was always in memory when I ran a memory cleaner app. It used to be the low priority setting (300/400 vs 100).
b. It would be seen to be consuming anywhere from 57-60 MB RAM every such time.

I'm sure as much as you are, so let's just agree to disagree
Old 7th April 2015, 17:13   #3032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
a. Their app was always in memory when I ran a memory cleaner app.

I'm sure as much as you are, so let's just agree to disagree
Fine, but can you please let me know which memory cleaner app this is?
Old 8th April 2015, 18:09   #3033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If you look at the list of permissions asked for by the Amazon app, you'll find the "run at startup" permission is missing. So it cannot auto-start or consume battery, and I'm sure you're mistaken.

The 60 MB you are talking of is the installed size of the app, I believe.
On my phone Amazon app came pre-installed. It is consuming 34 MB of memory as a running process. I am not bothered about it much since I have other bloatware as well.
Edit: Checked. It does have the "run at startup" permission.

Edit: Realized this is off-topic.

I have had very positive experience with paytm. Received good cash back every time (ordered Panasonic AA batteries, charger and other stuff).
I wonder how they make money. Perhaps Softbank is bleeding in the background.

Last edited by S_U_N : 8th April 2015 at 18:12.
Old 9th April 2015, 15:20   #3034
BHPian

Need help !!!

I have been purchasing from Ebay US and getting them to me in India via ShopnShip for some time now. My recent purchase however, has been stuck with USPS since 2 weeks. Despite having provided the correct delivery address, USPS says that item could not be delivered and has been forwarded to a recovery centre. Upon calling USPS customer care, I was told that it could take anywhere from 1 to 15 weeks for USPS to attempt delivery again. I can provide the tracking and USPS case number to anyone who can help me with this.
Old 11th April 2015, 10:42   #3035
Team-BHP Support

Flipkart is forcing mobile users to download the app to make purchases. This is bad.

And net neutrality supporters have been down-rating the app - NDTV.
Old 11th April 2015, 11:24   #3036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Flipkart is forcing mobile users to download the app to make purchases. This is bad.

Myntra is planning to close their website starting 1st May and move to an exclusive mobile platform. Wont be surprised if Flipkart follows the same.
Have found the PC web interface better for purchase of clothes. In the small mobile screen, the colour and pattern of attire is not clearly visible.

Meanwhile on the Jabong app, they have reduced the returns period from 30 days to 15 days.
Old 11th April 2015, 22:24   #3037
Lij
BHPian

Quote:

Not just mobile users I believe, when I try to go to any mobile brand on their desktop website it asks me to use their App!!!

So far it is the case only for mobiles and tablets.
Old 12th April 2015, 07:15   #3038
Senior - BHPian

What with app only discounts being doled out, it looks like this is the only way ahead. Divert traffic to mobiles, pay airtel for advertising and promote free usage of mobile internet to your site. In short, net neutrality thrown out of the window.. I hate consumerism..
Old 12th April 2015, 11:41   #3039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense. HK Post is a lot faster. Even the docket details are uploaded quickly unlike China Post which takes a few days just for this!
Based on the feedback by you and others I ordered a camera mount for our project on aliExpress and used the HK post option. It was $2 extra and since it didnt make much of a difference I went ahead. This happens to be my first order with aliexpress and am eager to know how the flow of things happens. As of now, my payment is being verified. Though the transaction was successful, is it okay for them to say it is still being verified?
Old 12th April 2015, 11:52   #3040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
As of now, my payment is being verified. Though the transaction was successful, is it okay for them to say it is still being verified?
Yeah it happens on all the transactions and takes about a day at the most.
Old 12th April 2015, 13:03   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Based on the feedback by you and others I ordered a camera mount for our project on aliExpress and used the HK post option.

I've ordered maybe 12 times so far and have received about 6 of them. Average time for delivery is about 18 days.
One order of mine seems to be going back to China, don't know why. When I checked the tracking number it shows it reached chennai from Kolkata and now it went back to Kolkata. Other orders are in various stages of shipment to me.
On the verification it is normal and takes about 3 days on average for a seller to ship out your product.
Old 13th April 2015, 08:59   #3042
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Had ran out of Tesa tape. Placed order on Aliexpress from butler xu. Man that guy is fast. Paid and within hours I got confirmation that item is shipped and a message saying if the item is not delivered in good condition, he can replace it! Thanks for sharing info about this dealer Gannu. He is good!
Well, check out what I had posted about the butler xu dealership experience before:

Quote:
Was looking to buy a Tesa automotive wire harnessing tape and found a vendor in Aliexpress, selling one of the type I was looking for (51028). Incidentally, he had just 51 ratings but all were 100% - in Ali, where the ratings of some dealers go as high as 95-99% positive 10k+, I was a bit hesitant to order from this chap but I did. Around noon.

He shipped the tape in the evening, updated the system with the tracking number (HK Post), sends me a message personally requesting a positive feedback and promises me to help in case anything goes wrong AND, sends me a snap of my shipment before it was dispatched, with the address stuck on it. Haven't come across a dealer like this before! I was impressed. Sent him a response to the message sometime back. He could be new to the business which was why he was proactively doing so but doesn't hurt IMO.
The guy also sent a small souvenir along with a tape. I think it's some feng shui stuff - a small heart shaped thingy with some Chinese inscription.
Old 13th April 2015, 09:15   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
Well, check out what I had posted about the butler xu dealership experience before:

The guy also sent a small souvenir along with a tape. I think it's some feng shui stuff - a small heart shaped thingy with some Chinese inscription.
I had missed that post as I wasn't closely following this thread. Thanks for sharing it again. Yeah his service is truly impressive that I was just wishing that he was a VAG parts vendor to source all our DIY parts ever required!
Old 15th April 2015, 09:18   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Have you looked at Aliexpress? I got a nice one for my IP6 plus from there. Am sure I won't be able to find that in the local market.
I ordered a dash cam from aliexpress in the first week of March and I am yet to receive the item. Since the purchase protectin is ending in a few days, I have raised a dispute today and waiting to see what happens next. The interesting part is that as per their online tracking, the item seems to have arrived in Bangalore 5 days back. But there is no further movement.
Old 15th April 2015, 09:29   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
The interesting part is that as per their online tracking, the item seems to have arrived in Bangalore 5 days back. But there is no further movement.
This could be the lethargy of our postmen. I've collected a parcel from the post office by visiting personally in the past. There is usually a separate section for foreign post. My visit was about 22 years back though. All my recent packages have been delivered home with about 3-5 days gone at the local post office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks