Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 19:58   #3106
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Just curious,

What drives you guys (no offence intended) to actually order from Ali express. When there are better local (Indian) stores and cheaper as well.
1. Stuff isn't available locally or elsewhere in India. (Eg. Automotive spares and accessories).

2. If it is, it is expensive (at least 30-40% more than what Aliexpress charges).

3. Good customer support - dealers are communicative and prompt as far as shipping goes (a busy dealer may take 3-4 days to ship the stuff; a week tops) and are customer-friendly (open to negotiations over messages, will ship it using a better service at your request etc.), full refund if the item isn't delivered or gets lost/damaged in transit.

4. Most Indian sellers buy them from bulk from Alibaba (Aliexpress' parent portal for bulk purchases) and resell them here at a higher price (sometimes unjustified).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This is what the tracking for the headphones says. Not sure what to make of it.
Hold on. It will reach you. I think it's the snail mail (read as China Post). And when it does, please do update it here.

When a dealer sends me something using China Post, I don't bother for a month. And the next thing I know, the neighbour knocks on the door after I return from work and gives me the consignment.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th April 2015 at 19:59.
Old 30th April 2015, 19:58   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
In most of the cases,they send the consignment through a shady courier Aramex...
I am worried now. I have purchased beer mugs, beer glasses and couple of other stuff from Shoppersstop and they have shipped it via aramex. I hope they deliver it in one piece.
Old 30th April 2015, 20:29   #3108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am worried now. I have purchased beer mugs, beer glasses and couple of other stuff from Shoppersstop and they have shipped it via aramex. I hope they deliver it in one piece.
Try to call up the Chennai office in the morning and ask them to deliver at the address mentioned.

You can check online from consignment number,whether the product has reached Chennai office.

In all probability, they would ask you to come over and collect it from their office. They have this practice of cost cutting,for their company!

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st May 2015 at 02:54. Reason: corrected some punctuations errors
Old 1st May 2015, 09:34   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
Try to call up the Chennai office in the morning and ask them to deliver at the address mentioned.
There is no way I will go collect the package. I would rather they sent it back and I get a refund.
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:18   #3110
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone knows of a quality Mobile Phone repair toolset I can pickup online?

Looking to repair mobile phones as a hobby!
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:14   #3111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Guys, anyone knows of a quality Mobile Phone repair toolset I can pickup online?

Looking to repair mobile phones as a hobby!
There are many such sets consisting of only small bits which are suitable for consumer electronics. I am not sure of the brand but I purchased a toolkit which had around 40 bits of small size. Just check with any tool shop. It's similar to this http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00LLKM...A4L&ref=plSrch but the one I have is of better quality. I paid around 120 in a shop nearby and sadly I seem to have lost it recently.

By the way, my first aliExpress order shipped through Hong Kong post reached me within 10 days of ordering. Satisified with the cost and the sellers response to my queries.

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd May 2015 at 12:15.
Old 4th May 2015, 09:22   #3112
BHPian

The "Online Shopping" Thread

Aramex delivered my package from shoppersstop to my doorstep on Saturday last but the package contents were incorrect. SS is a screwed up online experience. They take like 8-10 days to deliver and then deliver the wrong items. Unnecessary headache of a return and replace. Explain to their dumb staff the mistake, all a big waste of time.
Old 4th May 2015, 12:03   #3113
Senior - BHPian

I remember TOI carrying reports of Myntra and Flipkart closing their website from the 1st of May?

Guess that's not to be, at least for the time being.
Old 4th May 2015, 12:18   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
I remember TOI carrying reports of Myntra and Flipkart closing their website from the 1st of May?

Guess that's not to be, at least for the time being.
I really don't understand the exact reason why Flipkart does all these stunts and get criticized all over the online forums.

First they did the so called 'mega sale' twice, then came the net neutrality issue and now closing the website and moving to smartphone.

Do they really think that all the customers use their smart phone only for online shopping? Or do they think that the younger generation people are comfortable using smartphone alone for online shopping?

I am young and I do have a good smart phone. But still I feel very comfortable browsing/shopping on my laptop only. Now if they close their website, I will not take the pain of browsing through their app and order stuffs. I will simply move to other e-retail companies. As simple as that !!

Last edited by rki2007 : 4th May 2015 at 12:22.
Old 4th May 2015, 12:58   #3115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Also some of the stuff is innovative and I find them to be cheaper than India. I just got socks delivered which were 10 pairs, white, for ~500rs. It is the kind I used to purchase from the US and at more or less the same price.
Gotta agree on the innovative part. Some of the stuff at AliExpress is just interesting stuff that doesn't cost a lot. Hehe, cheap, cool stuff. Me fan of AliExpress.
Old 4th May 2015, 13:31   #3116
BHPian

Curious on how the exchange rates work while shopping at AliExpress.
Anyone using SBI Card with feedback to share.
Old 4th May 2015, 15:42   #3117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I really don't understand the exact reason why Flipkart does all these stunts and get criticized all over the online forums.

First they did the so called 'mega sale' twice, then came the net neutrality issue and now closing the website and moving to smartphone.
Well, it is 4th May, and Flipkart website is indeed very much alive.

I don't know if it is Flipkart that originated the rumour. Maybe they would be testing the waters? Maybe it was just mischief from someone else.

For what it's worth, the best use I can see of the phone/tablet app is comparing prices when out and about, or for use away from home. It may be that some people are so surgically attached to their smart devices that they can't use screen and keyboard any longer, but for me, and for many of us, the tablet doesn't begin to compete with a keyboard and a 22-inch monitor.

Big issues with airtel, and I have had no broadband for several days, and the whole line dead since Saturday. The tablet has been great, but for tethering, not for browsing. Why should I use a small screen when there is a big one available.

I look at AliExpress occasionally. I guess it is better to go there looking for something very specific: I find it a daunting place to try to browse.
Old 4th May 2015, 15:44   #3118
BHPian

Paytm lets customer keep new Dell laptop which was shipped by mistake instead of router ordered by him

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/people/a...takenly-760310
Old 4th May 2015, 18:58   #3119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They will very much be alive for ever. What you will not find alive is the mobile site. Try visiting the Flipkart site from your mobile browser and it will politely guide you to the App if you have it installed already, or will ask you to install it.
Old 4th May 2015, 19:58   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Here is the view from my mobile.

The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20150504193636.pngThe Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20150504193606.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks