Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 16:10   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Splendid explanation.....Will check with them when buying !!!
Good luck! Better go yourself and check their specs if they have a data sheet (most people never ask for it) - they just might have mentioned it, if at all. And do it *before* buying, not while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
... If you have a window nearby go for the ducting one since the charcoal replacement is expensive. ...
And pointless - inside throw will not remove odors of Indian cooking.

The installer usually knocks out a hole in the wall to the outside, and passes a large dia PVC sanitary pipe through it to connect to the chimney outlet. If you try doing the same through the window, you will have an ugly run of the same pipe spoiling the aesthetics of the chimney.

Before they put the external pipe, make sure to cover the free end with a large wire 'chicken' mesh of ~15mm hex openings. Otherwise, small birds will make merry!

Quote:
... The combo packs for chminey + hob usually have a sucky model chimney or a sucky model hob. Check that.
Very true - usually unappealing non-moving stock. That chimney is likely to be 750 cfm.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:09   #3332
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, entered into a 2-year warranty with Aquaguard by paying Rs.2865 which includes replacement of 2 candles ( Rs.885 and Rs.355, MRP as listed on the candles) twice over this period

This contract also includes free resolution of component niggles and service too.

Product we have is : Aquaguard Water Purifier (Celebration Series) which is over 4 years old
Old 6th December 2012, 11:23   #3333
BANNED

@mobike008; After an attempt to cheat by Aquaguard who entered into a two year contract (their service agent) and later claimed it was a fake, I move to the independents (mostly ex-Eureka) who do the job cheaper and quicker. They also, cover the same things, except they change the filters at the beginning rather the end of the year. Have been very happy for the past decade plus, and bough my second Aquaguard only through them. The company did not even bother to acknowledge my letters.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:02   #3334
BHPian

@sgiitk: the challenge would be identifying these independents and knowing they are reliable, at the local level. i guess you are lucky to have found options...
Old 6th December 2012, 12:07   #3335
BANNED

@babhiskhek; There are quite a few. I just asked a friend and was given the phone number. I am sure Kolkata will also have many of them. Delhi has plenty. They themselves call up at the correct interval, do the service, and are good. Once we had a breakdown, and the chap was with us in under an hour. Mostly they are experienced Eureka service chaps who know their work. A friend wanted to buy an RO and asked them to get and fix it for them as well. These chaps have no fat sales commissions to keep them going!
Old 6th December 2012, 14:47   #3336
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sgiitk, When they came last evening. They changed the old candles with new ones in front of my eyes and he gave me a hologramed receipt of the payment.

Btw, I paid via. a/c payee cheque made out in name of "Eureka Forbes" and what seemed even more genuine is that guy was insistent that I pay via cheque and not cash.
Old 6th December 2012, 15:21   #3337
BANNED

If hologram is there then it should be genuine. You may have to chase them for service around the scheduled period. They never seem to remember!!
Old 6th December 2012, 15:51   #3338
BHPian

4 weeks back i entered in 1 year contract with Eurekaforbes for my Aquaguard Enhance Green RO after completing 1 year. costed me 3800 INR.
it included change of 4 cradles in a year, which he immediately changed.
these service people used to come every 3 months for regular cleaning and checkup without reminder. service person used to call me upfront and ask for the appointment. i am really happy with their service.
Old 6th December 2012, 17:26   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
If hologram is there then it should be genuine. You may have to chase them for service around the scheduled period. They never seem to remember!!
I think I have been lucky in this case. The Aquagaurd guys are prompt in attending any calls. They also call on their own as and when a service gets due. And yeah, I too got an original receipt (for AMC) with hologram sticker.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:10   #3340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For hard water Crompton and Racold are the best options. The copper tanks don't rust due to hard water but mineral deposits form within a month and are a pain.

I have a Remson and it needs regular cleaning.

AO smith has an imported tank with some glass coating as well.
A.O. Smith wasn't available. Got Racold in 15ltrs capacity. 5 star rated.

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey Sheel, try and see if you can get "A.O.Smith" I have been using one for the last nearly 3+ years now and this is a high quality, and reliable product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
So I will say Venus is excellent but others may be catching up, or more precisely they may be moving down to catch others!
Old 10th December 2012, 13:07   #3341
Distinguished - BHPian

I am planning to get a new Micro-wave for our new kitchen. I happened to see a few models at a Mall yesterday

Murphy Richards (20 Litres) : Offer Price Rs.7990 from Rs.9990

It looked very nice. Silver and Grey with front portion with glass finish. It's a convection Micro-wave with 101 preset cooking options and many other features etc. In this offer they are offering a bowls-set for heating....which makes this a real good deal.

It comes with buttons compared to touch from LG and Samsung

LG (20 Litres) : Approx 9.5K

Samsung (21 Litres) : Appox 11K

We liked Murphy Richards. How is it as a company and for a Microwave is it a recommended brand?
Old 10th December 2012, 13:18   #3342
BANNED

In a land of duplicates, is it Murphy or Morphy [Richards]?

All steel furniture in my office is from Gordej. ;-(
Old 10th December 2012, 13:45   #3343
BHPian

Been using Aquaguard iNova for over a decade now. After the initial warranty got over, took their 3 year AMC for about 2.7k which includes replacement of candles once each year and a check up after six months. Satisfied with their service.
Old 10th December 2012, 13:48   #3344
BANNED

I have an LG (28l with IR Grill for over 12 years) and have bought an LG (28l Mwave, Grill, Oven) for my son in June. We are quite happy with them.
Old 11th December 2012, 17:22   #3345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have decided to go with Glen.

If i buy stand-alone Chimney +Stove, it would be approximately 16k+9K.
In the above said offer, I am thinking I will get the combination in price range of 12K-14K ( from the vague price hints he's been giving me)

P.S: He also mentioned there's a good chance they may throw in a steel-framed pop-up Toaster (MRP : Rs.1999) as a freebie

Model chosen has 1000Cu.ft suction power and is dome shaped. Looks HOT !!!
OK. I got a call from the distributor and here is what he offered me :-

1000cu.ft model Chimney + 4 burner black glass top stove = 17K inclusive of installation ( Includes Rs.400 for Installation and roughly 400 bucks for PUC piping etc.

Along with above, Will be given a scratch card which has an assured gift and can be anything (Toaster/Iron/Juicer etc)

It's a bit above than what he initially indicated.

Is it a good deal? Need to finalize in 1-2 days

Most Viewed