Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 23:32   #3406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Howz it? Could you please let me know the model number? Also, are the strips easily available in india? What is the approx. cost for say, 100 strips?
http://m.healthkart.com/mobile/produ...tReferrerId=14

This is the one. Strips freely available. Check a few sites, think saw this on rediff for 1400 or so.
Old 9th January 2013, 08:41   #3407
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

One basic question regarding Godrej Fridge Eon model two door(upper and lower). In the upper compartment which is a freezer, ice is formed and it is sticking to the compartment sides. Is this an issue as i haven't seen ice formation till now(in freezer) after we brought the fridge 4 years back.
Also, i have set the adjust knob to "Normal". The knob also has Ref Max and Max Freeze as other options to set.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 9th January 2013, 09:12   #3408
BANNED

Looks like the drain bit is clogged. The best solution is the allow the unit to warm up.
Old 9th January 2013, 09:25   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Looks like the drain bit is clogged. The best solution is the allow the unit to warm up.
Sorry for not including that my fridge is Frost free. And how do i do the warm up?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 9th January 2013, 09:27   #3410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
One basic question regarding Godrej Fridge Eon model two door(upper and lower). In the upper compartment which is a freezer, ice is formed and it is sticking to the compartment sides. Is this an issue as i haven't seen ice formation till now(in freezer) after we brought the fridge 4 years back.
Also, i have set the adjust knob to "Normal". The knob also has Ref Max and Max Freeze as other options to set.

Thanks,
Ramki
I also also frosting problems. There are a couple of reasons for this - seals getting spoilt or the door alignment going bad.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2928157

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2933201
Old 9th January 2013, 10:17   #3411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I also also frosting problems. There are a couple of reasons for this - seals getting spoilt or the door alignment going bad.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2928157

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2933201
Thanks carboy. Will surely check for any rubber worn out issue or else will call the technician to check on vertical play.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Ramki
Old 9th January 2013, 11:12   #3412
Senior - BHPian

The bimetallic timer switch that controls the defrosting heater seems to have gone kaput. The Godrej technician should be able to provide a replacement easily.

Quote:

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 9th January 2013, 13:33   #3413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The bimetallic timer switch that controls the defrosting heater seems to have gone kaput. The Godrej technician should be able to provide a replacement easily.
Thanks Khoj.
Will call the technician this weekend and check with him of the issue. If its indeed the switch, any idea on how much it costs?

Thanks very much.

Cheers,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 9th January 2013 at 13:39.
Old 9th January 2013, 13:56   #3414
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry for not including that my fridge is Frost free. And how do i do the warm up?
I assumed a Frost Free. Here the FF design relies on cold air being cleaned up before circulating. This is removed by periodically warming up the evaporator coils. But if the system gets overloaded then the drain chokes, and you have to allow the system to warm up - switch off and use a hair dryer if required. Also, a fe trays of hot water in the compartment can help. I had this problem in my LG 4xx litre frost free after we left the freezer door ajar overnight, and this is exactly what I did. Of course the tier / heater switch can also be kaput.
Old 9th January 2013, 14:51   #3415
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the way to test for fridge-door seals that look all-right but aren't!

Take a slip of paper, several inches long and an inch or so wide. Shut the fridge door on it, and make sure you can feel resistance when pulling the paper out. Try this all the way round: you will find the place where the seal is deficient. Where the seal is not gripping, it is also not sealing.

It may not be the seal. Continued use over years can put the door slightly out of shape. Engineers have a shove-and-push with knee and hand technique ...but they also have practice, so it may not be the thing to try DIY.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:36   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
I assumed a Frost Free. Here the FF design relies on cold air being cleaned up before circulating. This is removed by periodically warming up the evaporator coils. But if the system gets overloaded then the drain chokes, and you have to allow the system to warm up - switch off and use a hair dryer if required. Also, a fe trays of hot water in the compartment can help. I had this problem in my LG 4xx litre frost free after we left the freezer door ajar overnight, and this is exactly what I did. Of course the tier / heater switch can also be kaput.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This is the way to test for fridge-door seals that look all-right but aren't!

Take a slip of paper, several inches long and an inch or so wide. Shut the fridge door on it, and make sure you can feel resistance when pulling the paper out. Try this all the way round: you will find the place where the seal is deficient. Where the seal is not gripping, it is also not sealing.

It may not be the seal. Continued use over years can put the door slightly out of shape. Engineers have a shove-and-push with knee and hand technique ...but they also have practice, so it may not be the thing to try DIY.
Thanks guys. Will check the paper technique.
However, wanted to inform that our freezer compartment is fully loaded all the time with flours.
Old 10th January 2013, 19:03   #3417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Will check the paper technique.
However, wanted to inform that our freezer compartment is fully loaded all the time with flours.
You need some space for the air to circulate in a frost free freezer. So I would suggest that you keep the freezer only 3/4 full.
Old 12th January 2013, 13:44   #3418
BHPian

Symptoms - Heavy ice formation in my direct cool LG fridge's freezer even though thermostat is set to less than MIN. Also irritating rattling noise once compressor begins functioning.

Solution proposed by a repair walla - change the thermostat. cost - 950/-

Is he taking me for a ride?
Old 12th January 2013, 22:07   #3419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Am planning on going for a Siemens or Bosch dishwasher. Both are pretty much identical.
Quote:
I have an LG dishwasher bought three months ago for about 28k.
SG sir & Viddy, could you give the model numbers of the one that you got ?

And any such problems:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I got a Samsung dishwasher .. Tea vessels and milk boiled ones won't get entirely done. You have to clean the spray arms and filter regularly. Use lesser powder than recommended.
Old 12th January 2013, 22:34   #3420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
SG sir & Viddy, could you give the model numbers of the one that you got ?

And any such problems:
We are very happy with the Samsung dishwasher. I would be very surprised if the other models don't have the same issue as the Samsung. I've used ones in the US too and burnt vessels and tea ones will have to be done manually.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks