Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 01:12   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
After getting the dishwasher replaced, how is the performance since? Any further issues?
Well, the replacement dishwasher seems to be running fine as of now. But then after the fiasco and massive inconvenience faced due to the failure of the 1st one and IFB's initial reluctance/delay in replacing it, the job again went back to maids so the machine has been used very infrequently... barely once in 7 days or so.

But yes, its worth mentioning that the fit/alignment/finish of the replacement is a tad below the original piece. Also the original machine had detachable 3 piece basket for spoons, etc., and the new one is one piece which is very bad as it wastes too much space. So they seem to make new things a bit worse than before... strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I haven't used IFB dishwashers, but I have used dishwashers abroad for donkey's years. They are effective for indian kind of cooking also. You just need to do a mild rinse before loading any vessel into the dishwasher - be it indian cooking or any cooking.
Not really required, and it also wastes water (and time). This is as advised by manufacturers themselves, including IFB. Its good enough to remove solid particles, rice and stuff. If you do that reasonably well, you don't even need to clean the filters for weeks.

Just one issue - make sure the water you use is not too hard (beyond the range that the in-built softner can handle). They do sell an external water softner too, in which case you can set the machine to the min. hardness level, and it will stop using up salt in the permutit process.

Last edited by Raccoon : 11th August 2010 at 01:22.
Old 11th August 2010, 05:51   #1157
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Not really required, and it also wastes water (and time). This is as advised by manufacturers themselves, including IFB. Its good enough to remove solid particles, rice and stuff.
That's exactly what i meant by mild rinse. If you show the vessel under water for a second, it removes the solid particles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
They do sell an external water softner too, in which case you can set the machine to the min. hardness level, and it will stop using up salt in the permutit process.
What kind of water softener is this? How much does it cost - can it be used on other appliances. The water feed to my LG washing machine is hard - so I was wondering if I can fit some kind of softener for it.
Old 11th August 2010, 13:00   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's exactly what i meant by mild rinse. If you show the vessel under water for a second, it removes the solid particles.
It would. But it would also waste considerable water. I'd read the calculation somewhere and the amount used over time really is considerable! Dishwasher manufacturers do a lot to design machines that do the job (and better than hand wash!) with with the least possible amount of water. So it would not be right to waste water this way when its not required and the same can be accomplished by lightly scraping stuff off using a spoon/table knife. Thats the idea.

Quote:
What kind of water softener is this? How much does it cost - can it be used on other appliances. The water feed to my LG washing machine is hard - so I was wondering if I can fit some kind of softener for it.
This was told to me by IFB technicians. They did not tell me any more details... and I didn't ask as our water isn't so hard and I didn't see any point in investing in an external softner when the internal one is supposed to do the job. I haven't seen the product nor do I have any idea whether it can be used for other appliances, or whether its an IFB branded product or if they will sell it to you if you don't have an IFB DW/WM. You could ask IFB technicians for more details. Really can't recall exactly, but I guess the price stated was around 5k; and at that cost it would take ages to break even, unless your usage is very high.

Btw, is the water that goes into your LG WM so hard that it is affecting the quality of the wash? Try switching detergents. Try an enzyme based detergent.
Old 11th August 2010, 13:35   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Whirlpool

Reference - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2017129-post.html

We got our Whirlpool WM last evening & this morning I'm getting an SMS that reads
"Thanks for registering with Whirlpool. Your satisfaction code is XXX for SR number XXXX to speak to us call on YYYY or ZZZ"

So I call up ZZZ & they immediately recognize me & ask if I've any issues on my WM. I was so surprised as how they found that its me who's calling, for which the agent replied saying that my number & purchase details has been registered with Whirlpool India by the dealer & they've seen the number from which I made the phone call & the system poped up my information. WOW

After few minutes, I get another SMS stating that the WM demo has been allocated to a specific person & his contact number. After a little while, the person calls up & ask me when he should show up. I give him sometime today evening around 4:30 PM.

All these happens without me having to do anything from my side. I'm really happy with the way the dealer & manufacturer's coordination. So far thing's are good. I'm glad I've brought a product that has good service backup.
Old 11th August 2010, 23:36   #1160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Hi BSD, I too tried searching for it on the IFB site, but of no avail, there is no mention anywhere, the most advanced IFB machines in the market/website which is "Digital SX" is quite many steps below this 9/7WD
Thanks for clarifying. Reason I asked is this:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
with no option left, started exploring out IFB and was quite satisfied with the info provided on the site, moreover I found a friend in the circle who helped me to chose the right machine, though a little scared I went ahead with his recommendation which is 99.9% latest technology such as Steam, Washer, Dryer, sprinkle drum, etc just with the DD missing with the payload of 9kg for wash and 7 for dryer, the same will be delivered and installed on Monday evening
I thought that you relied on info on the site. Now I realise that you have friends within IFB company.

Thanks.
Old 12th August 2010, 00:31   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a 300~350L Refrigerator. Had shortlisted Whirlpool Protton 330L Elite (black) but none of dealers seem to have in stock or even know when they will get the stock. Can't understand how a new model launched 2 months ago is out of stock (unless there is a serious defect).

Now looking at Samasung RT35ED. Any feedback on this model?
Old 12th August 2010, 09:54   #1162
NIP
Senior - BHPian

msdivy..believe it or not, these are the exact two refrigerators i have shortlisted. Both are easily availabe at the Unilet stores. Thats what they told me about a week ago at least. Try them. Both are superb, although the whirlpool wins hands down in the looks dept.
Old 12th August 2010, 10:41   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
here are answers to similar questions as answered by IFB officials

1. the softner is optional and will give varying results from 20% to 40% depending on input water quality, will cost around 2K and will need the cartridge to be changed periodically, does not need electricity to run
2. the front load detergent is very important for clothes to get clean and machine live longer

Last edited by Anupam : 12th August 2010 at 10:42.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:29   #1164
Distinguished - BHPian

BPL Fridge - shelf cracked

We have a fairly old BPL refrigerator, but both the shelves have cracked. I need to replace these, but apparently the replacements are not available.

Size of shelf : 17.75" x 10.5" (min 10").

Could you guys please check if the shelves in your fridge match this size. If yes, please let me know the model of your fridge.

I hope I dont have to spend 25k on a new fridge for the lack of replacment shelves.

TIA !
Old 12th August 2010, 21:46   #1165
Senior - BHPian

You might be able to get plexiglass sheets in that size and use them instead of shelves.

Or superglue plexiglass at the bottom pf shelves.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:04   #1166
BHPian

I am planning to buy a 235 litres fridge and a top load washing machine, My total budget is 20k, I have listed videcon as one of the option for both the products as they are fairly cheap. Is anyone using their products? If so what would be your recomendation be?Thanks in advance
Old 13th August 2010, 16:11   #1167
Senior - BHPian

We used to have videocon WM in the 90s. Worked like a charm for 10 years or so. Don't know how are their current products. Hope their quality hasn't gone down like that of IFB.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:30   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how do Whirlpool titanium, Samsung & Godrej Eon compare with each other ? The refrigerator should have a lot of storage. Freezer secion is relativel not so important. MOre for food & vegetables.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:39   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Just heard from a cousin that IFB has also launched a 6kg top loading machine for about 11.5K. One difference that he mentioned from the front loading one is the lack of water heater. It has a separate inlet for the hot water pipe.
Does anyone have any experience with this model?
Old 13th August 2010, 17:13   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One difference that he mentioned from the front loading one is the lack of water heater.
Wash temperature is critical for different fabrics and different circumstances. I cannot imagine a washing machine without a built-in heater and would not buy one.

Washing machines had hot and cold inlet pipes for a long time (mine has), but in recent years the thinking has been that it is more energy efficient for the machine to heat just the water it needs rather than to take a hot input. Probably suits the manufacturers to simplify (and cost cut) the intake section too.

Apparently, LG models only have cold intake. This would not suit me at all: I have a solar water heater, and loads of hot water is available at no marginal cost --- but I have to buy electricity to heat the water for the clothes wash! I think other manufacturers do this too. I was noticing few hot intakes when looking around shops in UK five-plus years ago.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks