Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 13:58   #4726
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Since water temperature in Bangalore rarely goes below 15 degrees C, you can get top loading fully automatic single drum machines which are cheaper. They are cheaper because you do not need expensive mechanism to compensate for vibration.
Front loaders come with hot water heater in built, so useful in North where winter water temp can be below 10 degree C.

That said, I would suggest by an entry level Bosch if you want front loader. Similar price
I am not looking for buying a WM, I just pen my thoughts on the WM selling gimmicks. I am using a top loading automatic from samsung (for the single tub convenience) and I get the same washing quality as other expensive ones. Also I dont prefer hot water inlet m/cs as all the cloths cannot be washed with hot water and the tolerance also varies esp Ts and some can cause hard wrinkles that needs thorough ironing. I prefer it to do manually.
Old 1st November 2014, 15:54   #4727
BHPian

Washing Machine Maintanence - Chlorine System bleach for clothing use

I have a Fully Automatic Washing Machine from Panasonic. I am looking to clean the washing tub. User manual mentions that I pour a cup of "Chlorine System bleach for clothing use". Now, I have enquired a few stores where cleaning products are sold and I could find this "Chlorine System bleach for clothing use". Any idea where can I find it? or is there any common-name which these shopkeepers will understand?
Old 1st November 2014, 16:18   #4728
Senior - BHPian

The need to have heaters in washing machines arose as the enzymes in washing detergents work best at temperature between 30-35 degree Celsius. Not that they would not wok at temperatures below or above but best performance is within that range.

The article is a feeble attempt to convince the consumers to stick with EU made belt pulley design machines. The talk of bulky direct drive motor is contradicted within the article with the snap of the pan cake motor towards the end of the article. The motor has increased in diameter but the drum diameter has indeed increased because of the space vacated by the externally mounted conventional motor. The author of the article has zero knowledge of mag drives and this is apparent when he says motor is stuck to the drum using magnets. The DC inverter motors by design are more rugged than conventional motors and offer higher efficiency and better and finite control over variable speeds. This has been qualified by members on the forum itself who have moved from convention acs to inverter machines and seen their power bills drop by 30 to 50%. Don't read too much in to the said piece and go with the machine design that meets your needs within your budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Is there actually too much hype around Direct Drive? I read the below article and this has left me confused

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/b...-machines.html

Last edited by khoj : 1st November 2014 at 16:43. Reason: responding to an additional post
Old 1st November 2014, 17:48   #4729
BHPian

Re: Washing Machine Maintanence - Chlorine System bleach for clothing use

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I have a Fully Automatic Washing Machine from Panasonic. I am looking to clean the washing tub. User manual mentions that I pour a cup of "Chlorine System bleach for clothing use". Now, I have enquired a few stores where cleaning products are sold and I could find this "Chlorine System bleach for clothing use". Any idea where can I find it? or is there any common-name which these shopkeepers will understand?
Call Panasonic customer care. They should be able to guide you or may even arrange to get it delivered through one their service centers.
Old 1st November 2014, 19:01   #4730
BHPian

Quote:
Ask for liquid bleach for clothes e.g Rin, Ala etc.
Old 1st November 2014, 20:45   #4731
BHPian

Quote:
"Chlorine System bleach for clothing use". Any idea where can I find it? or is there any common-name which these shopkeepers will understand?
Look for 'washing machine descale' on eBay in case you face hard water in your supply.

Otherwise you really don't need any special treatment if the washing soap dissolves fully during use. Once a while run an empty cycle with hot water and soap with spin cancel.
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:31   #4732
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Look for 'washing machine descale' on eBay in case you face hard water in your supply.
Any descaling compound will do. These are also commercially available for heat exchangers, geysers, etc.
Old 5th November 2014, 00:00   #4733
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Fully Automatic Washing Machine from Panasonic. Any idea where can I find it? or is there any common-name which these shopkeepers will understand?

We use a brand called Clorox found in Nilgiris and other super markets in Chennai.

Finally got rid of our 5 year old Whirlpool 8kg top loader. It was a piece of $***. Hardly used it for about 200-250 times over the past five years with too many issues. The board failed twice and the sensors keep failing for water input stoppage, small clothes would get stuck in output line, soap wouldn't dissolve etc. picked up a second Samsung front loader 6.5kg non inverter model and plan to take the additional 3 year warranty from Samsung direct. Will have peace of mind for the next 5 years.
We have another 3+ year old 5kg Samsung front loader and it is going great so far.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th November 2014 at 09:11. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 9th November 2014, 08:13   #4734
BHPian

Looking for a washing machine to replace our 15-year Samsung.

Too confused at the specs of some of the models right now. I would prefer a washer cum dryer. Any pointers? Budgets starts at 40K but I can go up if necessary.
Old 9th November 2014, 10:18   #4735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need a descaling powder. It is not available in usual stores / malls.

You can buy it from an IFB outlet.

Rohan
Old 9th November 2014, 15:59   #4736
BHPian

Suggestion for top loading

Could someone please suggest a reliable top loading Washing machine. (I am aware that many folks prefer front loaders, but that is not an option for me due to budget constraints and inability to add clothes during a wash cycle.)
I'm trying to choose between Panasonic, LG and whirlpool (in order of priority)

Capacity: 6-6.5 kg
budget : 15-20k
features needed:
- durably built esp the switches/control panel
- prefer machine that can work with low water pressure,
- Do not require hot water wash or any other special features
- tries to minimize water consumption.
- should have a reasonably short 'speedy' cycle option

For eg, I am trying to choose among these models:
http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer.../na-f62b5.html

http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machines/lg-T7001TDDLC

http://www.whirlpoolindia.com/washin...-premier-6_2kg

am also open to other suggestions/brands..
many thanks!
Old 9th November 2014, 17:35   #4737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazd View Post
Could someone please suggest a reliable top loading Washing machine.

I have had the worst experience with Whirlpool top load 8kg, had paid 23k for it then. Had it for 5 years and it was non functional for about 2 of those. Had frequent sensor problems and board got spoilt twice. The board I was told cost 10k. First time was in extended warranty and they replaced it. Second time was about 6 months later and I called it quits. Exchanged it for a Samsung front loader. Got the samsung for 21k nett - 6.5kg
There is a quick 15 min wash cycle. You can probably use that for clothes you missed adding earlier...😜

I would say any other make than a whirlpool!
Old 10th November 2014, 00:51   #4738

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazd View Post
Could someone please suggest a reliable top loading Washing machine. (I am aware that many folks prefer front loaders, but that is not an option for me due to budget constraints and inability to add clothes during a wash cycle.)
I'm trying to choose between Panasonic, LG and whirlpool (in order of priority)

Capacity: 6-6.5 kg
budget : 15-20k
features needed:
- durably built esp the switches/control panel
- prefer machine that can work with low water pressure,
- Do not require hot water wash or any other special features
- tries to minimize water consumption.
- should have a reasonably short 'speedy' cycle option

For eg, I am trying to choose among these models:
http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer.../na-f62b5.html

http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machines/lg-T7001TDDLC

http://www.whirlpoolindia.com/washin...-premier-6_2kg

am also open to other suggestions/brands..
many thanks!
been using a LG Top Load Automatic for 5 years, it's been a breeze.
Old 10th November 2014, 08:28   #4739
BHPian

Tx @diyguy and @sanjuice

Not planning to get a front loader since I dont want to spend that much.
will probably pick one out of panasonic and LG.
Old 10th November 2014, 09:18   #4740
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any descaling compound will do. These are also commercially available for heat exchangers, geysers, etc.
Any recommended brands? We face a lot of problem due to scaling in our washing appliances as well as on tiles, etc. Are there any chemicals that can be used to remove scales from tiles as well?

Most Viewed