Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:28   #361
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Great info there mate! Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

The technician will be coming around 6:00 PM to perform the upgrade. Will ensure that the points mentioned by you are carefully addressed.
The entire process is a simple 10-15 minute job if done carefully by the technician.

Disconnect cables from old box, connect to new box, call the back-end support line and get them to enter/activate the new box against your subscriber ID. Download firmware. Adjust system settings. Confirm with signal/channel test. Done.

The entire mess with my case happened because the woman on the phone at the other end was a bit too eager to hit the enter button while updating the STB#. Given they claim the STB tagging/activation process is irreversible, one would think they'd be extra careful while doing it. Apparently not.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd September 2013 at 16:30.
Old 10th September 2013, 14:22   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Everytime a Strong wind blows..I get this "NO Signal" message.

I think the whole "Jinga La La" thing wasnt meant for monsoon.
Be it rain or hail or storm, I always get a signal from Tata Sky. However, they treat a month of their billing cycle as 20 days instead of 30 days. Their customer service is clueless and says that my subscription is for 30 days and I need only pay every 30 days, but their service gets disconnected on the 21st day if I don't pay for another month of service. Also, the nearest payment center charges a 10% commission on every payment.

After about a year of their funny business, I switched to a different provider.
Old 10th September 2013, 14:38   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Since past couple of days facing an issue with Tata Sky HD connection. All channels apart from HD are working fine. On selecting any HD channels the black scree saying signal reception not working is displayed (as in case of rain). Any one facing similar issue?
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:56   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
But off late, I've been receiving these messages on my phone stating that Tata Sky is upgrading to MPEG4 technology. And the messages keep asking me to upgrade to an MPEG4 box for some discount. It also mentions that some channels will not be available with the current box.

Now, what are my choices? Get an upgraded full-HD STB? Or, upgrade to the MPEG4 box that they want to provide at some discount?. We are not at all keen on getting a new TV as we intend to move out of India soon. So investing in a new TV is not on the cards at this time.
Got my Tata Sky SD set top box swapped with a MPEG4 SD set top box today. Replacement box was provided free of cost.

The box is brand new, but comes with limited packing. It is only packed in a brown card board packing, doesn't come packed in a fancy coloured box.

New remote is not provided, same old remote works with the new box.

The new box is very compact, almost half the size of the previous SD box.

The picture quality seems to have improved, the colours are more vivid.

The only downside is that the new box comes with only 1 month warranty by default. For 12 months warranty, we need to pay Rs 500.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 22nd September 2013 at 18:57.
Old 22nd September 2013, 20:22   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

I have also been getting messages that i need to upgrade my SD box to mpeg4 or else some channels will go blank. I have not yet changed it and till now all channels are coming like they used to.
Old 22nd September 2013, 21:28   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Got my Tata Sky SD set top box swapped with a MPEG4 SD set top box today. Replacement box was provided free of cost.

The only downside is that the new box comes with only 1 month warranty by default. For 12 months warranty, we need to pay Rs 500.

Rohan
I got the same thing done for the second TV. Sad part is my billing cycle or recharge date is every 7th and I opted for the 500 Rs for a year warranty and I was told that payment is not accepted on site but at the point of recharge, I need to add the 500 with my recharge amount and recharge. But now, I see a message that my billing cycle is changed to this month 27th and my account balance is in -ve worst is when I called customer support, they told me I need to pay 500 now along with the rechage amount and again pay in the normal billing cycle. When I asked her why am I supposed to pay twice, call got disconnected.

-Sajan
Old 8th October 2013, 08:46   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

I received a mail from Tata Sky. It was about the new channel star premiere HD.
I have the Annual mega pack and as per the Annual mega pack, any new channels added will be a part of the package.
But Tata sky has come up with a brilliant idea...they have created a new category called SPECIALS and this channel will be the first of those so called specials.
Now this category SPECIALS will not be part of Mega pack and people who want this channel have to subscribe to it separately.
They have changed things according it to their convenience and the promise of adding any new channel to the Mega pack was nothing but a false and hollow one.
Whoever told "tata" was a trustworthy name, sigh!
Old 8th October 2013, 09:14   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I received a mail from Tata Sky. It was about the new channel star premiere HD. I have the Annual mega pack and as per the Annual mega pack, any new channels added will be a part of the package. But Tata sky has come up with a brilliant idea...they have created a new category called SPECIALS and this channel will be the first of those so called specials. Now this category SPECIALS will not be part of Mega pack and people who want this channel have to subscribe to it separately. They have changed things according it to their convenience and the promise of adding any new channel to the Mega pack was nothing but a false and hollow one. Whoever told "tata" was a trustworthy name, sigh!
Actually this is strange. I thought it was extra but liked the premier hd so opted for it, strangely though it said 60 rs per month no money was deducted. I am on the mega pack too.
Old 8th October 2013, 10:03   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I received a mail from Tata Sky. It was about the new channel star premiere HD.
I have the Annual mega pack and as per the Annual mega pack, any new channels added will be a part of the package.
But Tata sky has come up with a brilliant idea...they have created a new category called SPECIALS and this channel will be the first of those so called specials.
Now this category SPECIALS will not be part of Mega pack and people who want this channel have to subscribe to it separately.
They have changed things according it to their convenience and the promise of adding any new channel to the Mega pack was nothing but a false and hollow one.
Whoever told "tata" was a trustworthy name, sigh!
Hi, Yes I got the mail too today. But I think everyone is charging for that channel, so I don't think Tata sky is doing anything unusual. Also that mail said that TEN HD is going to come soon. At last, a new addition on HD from them, don't know how useful it would be though. Movies Now HD would be far more useful
Old 8th October 2013, 10:09   #370
Team-BHP Support

Yup same here i have subscribed to the mega pack which is supposed to give all channels free during the subscription period, but today morning received a very long email saying No! lol

Quote:
Tata Sky has been consistently finding ways to ensure that our subscribers get content of their choice, delivered to them in the best possible quality. Since January this year we have added 29 new channels, SD & HD and will continue to do so in the months to come too. All these channels were offered as part of the Mega Pack without any additional cost. And, the latest addition to Mega Pack will be Ten HD, which offers the best content from Ten Sports, Ten Cricket & Ten Action, in High Definition!

In the constant hunt & delivery of content, we did come across some very rich, high quality content; some of you would appreciate. However, this content comes to us outside of the existing commercial deals we have with the broadcasters. Faced with the choice of either not carrying the content at all or offering it to you at the best possible price; we chose the latter. And the ‘Specials’ category was created to offer this high quality content to you, on a purely discretionary basis.

And it gives us immense pleasure to unveil our first offering in the ‘Specials’ category – the Star World Premiere HD channel.

A first of its kind in India, Star World Premiere HD offers 26 of the biggest shows with America. So no waiting for 6- 8 months to watch some of your favorite English Entertainment shows…...Watch with the World! The channel will air new shows like Agents of Shields (from the makers of Avengers), The Blacklist, Betrayal and the latest seasons of shows like Homeland, Revenge, Castle, White Collar, Two and a Half Men and more.

So no more downloading the hottest content from the internet to keep up with the world. What’s more…..you can now watch it in high definition on the largest screen in your home… your TV!

To enjoy this exclusive content you will need to subscribe to the channel.
As an old & loyal Tata Sky subscriber we would like to make you a value offering. The monthly subscription charges for this channel are Rs 60 pm. But you can opt for the Star World Premiere HD channel for the year at just Rs 500… a discount of 30%! To activate this channel on your account with this offer, please log on to www.mytatasky.com & choose the Annual Star Premiere Pack right away, so you don’t miss a single show!
In the days to come, more such niche content will come your way, so keep watching this space!
Old 8th October 2013, 10:17   #371
BHPian

Bunch of liars!
It's quite sad that they lie outright and we can't do anything about it!
Old 8th October 2013, 10:21   #372
BHPian

I also have a Mega HD pack and was surprised to find that Star Premiere HD is not available for me without subscription.

So went to Tata Sky website to check the conditions for Mega HD pack and surprisingly they have now CHANGED the condition where it says ANY new channels will be added free to any new SD channels will be added free, which is contradictory to what is in the mail, which clearly states that Ten HD will be added to the Mega pack!!

OTOH the most funny line in the mail IMO is:
"So no more downloading the hottest content from the internet..."

As if it is a normal and legal practice!!
Old 8th October 2013, 10:29   #373
BHPian

That's strange. Because I remember reading somewhere (probably on their promo channel #100) that only SD channels are a part of Mega Pack & insured for the entire year.
Infact that's exactly why I did not opt for it, instead went in for grand sports pack + hd add-on. I get all the channels I want in this.
Plus, I have learnt to live with these 'tactics' of introducing packs under new categories & not including them under the yearly pack; by not opting for them.
Most of the shows that are premiering on star world premiere hd, are soon going to be available on star world hd (eg. Castle). So I'll prefer waiting a bit rather than spending an additional amount for 'premiere' airings.
Old 8th October 2013, 12:26   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Actually this is strange. I thought it was extra but liked the premier hd so opted for it, strangely though it said 60 rs per month no money was deducted. I am on the mega pack too.
Same here. I didnt have any deductions as well, and the channel is available on all 3 HD boxes.
Old 8th October 2013, 13:14   #375
Senior - BHPian

I just received SMS saying TEN HD is available and since I have a Mega pack, it will be free for me.

Most Viewed