Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2007, 18:03   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
cost me INR 16.5K in dubai duty free. It's yet to be launched here and is gonna be priced between INR 19k and INR 23k....
Are you sure about the expected launch price? So far, I've found DDF prices higher than what we get here in India (legitimate launches)
Old 27th February 2007, 18:10   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
400D is slightly underexposing
Could you explain this in little more detail? Are you saying despite keeping the EV setting at "0"..you're getting under exposed result?
Old 27th February 2007, 18:16   #333
BHPian

@Samurai, i do that but in some manual modes i cannot change the exposure compensation.. thats where i get underexposed shots. I rememberd i read some where that I can set the exposure to be say +.5 more than the camera is doing but i forgot how to do it. any ideas about that. this means that the camera always exposes more by a fixed amount set by the user..
Old 27th February 2007, 18:17   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Ok heres a normal pic of my rolls size 3072x2304

and heres the same pic scaled down to fit in size for the bhp members gallery size 500x390

notice the distortion on the grille, headlamps, the two vents below the wipers, the number plate and all metallic beadings atc.. Why does this happen and how does one rectify it?

Q: Also how does one multi quote when posting??

Correct me if i am wrong , if you use a circular filter ,you can avoid those refelections and see straight through the windshield ? offcourse its easier said than done .

Last edited by black12rr : 27th February 2007 at 18:19.
Old 27th February 2007, 18:21   #335
BHPian

yes Rudra Sir, even after i make sure that the exposure compensation is set to "0" ( correct exposure ) the shots tend to be underexposed. So i always set it to +0.5 to compensate for the underexposure.
Old 27th February 2007, 18:33   #336
Team-BHP Support

There should be a clear option in your setting. Try that out and check.

I would like to see your camera, whenever you're free. When I say "see", I mean check image in my comp.

Shouldn't be a big problem considering we're in same city.
Old 27th February 2007, 18:40   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
@Samurai, i do that but in some manual modes i cannot change the exposure compensation.. thats where i get underexposed shots. I rememberd i read some where that I can set the exposure to be say +.5 more than the camera is doing but i forgot how to do it. any ideas about that. this means that the camera always exposes more by a fixed amount set by the user..
In manual mode, you have full control over the exposure. Whichever metering you are using, once the exposure display shows 0, just change the aperture or speed by half a stop to increase the light. But take it to Rudra's garage nevertheless and check it out.
Old 27th February 2007, 18:43   #338
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need your help. I will be buying my first digicam shortly, and it will be a superzoom one with almost all the manual settings. I am thoroughly confused between Canon S3 IS and the recently launched Oylmpus SP 550 UZ. The advantage with Oylmpus is that i get 18X optical zoom (28mm to 504mm) and option to click the images in RAW apart from bigger zoom, but there are no reviews posted for this cam unlike Canon S3 IS (all the reviews highly reommend it).
Please suggest which one of the two shall i buy or suggest me some other option, if its better than both of them.
Looking for valuable suggestions.

Thanks
Old 27th February 2007, 19:29   #339
BHPian

Shooting in Raw always help. Its good that compact cams are offering this option. Ofcourse given its huge zoom range and the ability to shoot in raw, it might be quite expensive.

Check out reviews on DPREVIEW. Am sure they would have something on this cam.

Cheers
Ajay
Old 27th February 2007, 20:03   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Are you sure about the expected launch price? So far, I've found DDF prices higher than what we get here in India (legitimate launches)
Yes i am... Checked at an authorised Canon dealer and price stated was Rs.19800/- while the website says Rs. 23000/- (street price may vary according to the website).

My wife picked up the digicam in dubai airport during a stopover from Paris and it cost Rs.16400/-.

Edit: tried to get the price from the site now, but the price field is blank. wait for the launch is all i can say. wonder why they suddenly blanked it out.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th February 2007 at 20:07.
Old 27th February 2007, 20:14   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Shooting in Raw always help. Its good that compact cams are offering this option. Ofcourse given its huge zoom range and the ability to shoot in raw, it might be quite expensive.

Check out reviews on DPREVIEW. Am sure they would have something on this cam.

Cheers
Ajay
I have checked out all the imaging sites for the review but none is available as of now including dpreview. Read a user review but still not convienced.
Old 27th February 2007, 20:25   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Correct me if i am wrong , if you use a circular filter ,you can avoid those refelections and see straight through the windshield ?
I am sure you mean the CPL filter, circular polarising filter.
All polarizing technology is desinged to reduce the amount of relecting light that you can see. Clearer pictures, bluer skies.

Similar technology is also used in Polaroid brand sunglass lenses (and it's affiliates) basically reducing glare, haze caused by dust and mist and some glass reflection. The result can be a slight under exposure, but more saturated colours.

Earlier you would get two different kinds of filters, linear and circular. The two of them work differently.
In the old days, if you used a Linear filter, you actually had to rotate it till you achieved what you wanted. Of course it only worked with SLRs, where you could see through the lens, before shooting.
Today you can only buy CPLs. You get them from many brands.
Cheaper brands such as Hoya and Marumi are eaily available and not too expensive, depending on your lens diameter.
Of course, an industry standard is B+W, which if I remember correctly is made by Schneider Optics.
Old 27th February 2007, 21:32   #343
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Extreme_Torque : Here is a review (not fully complete) DCRP - Olympus 550UZ

The specs for this super zoom camera are awesome, but they say it lacks USB 2.0 interface. Now that would make photo transfers very slow. And check our the Lens fully extended its huge.........
Old 27th February 2007, 21:48   #344
Senior - BHPian

Guys got something for myself today

A CANON S3 IS + 1GB memory card = 18250/-

Last edited by maxbhp : 27th February 2007 at 21:56.
Old 27th February 2007, 22:45   #345
BHPian

bubbly

panasonic fx-o1-fantastic results
sony digicam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks