Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 19:35   #1726
BHPian

Iphone Apps

Hey guys I tried making a new thread for Iphone apps but the mods want me to just include it in this thread. So here goes, these are the apps I have on my phone

1. Shazam, Its an amazing utility for detecting names of songs. You hold the phones mic towards the source of the music, and it detects the name of the song!

2. Around me & My nearest, this lists out things near your current location like Atms, Resturants, coffee shops

3. Traffic - This gives the current traffic situation on your route and also gives a predictive one for a time later

4. Excuse me - Its makes different farting sounds. Yes I know very juvenille but really fun

5. V-Cockpit , its like a flight stimulator works with your accelorometer, good fun on the train

5. Pocket dyno, its a dyno for the car though works on accelorometer and not actual connections. Pretty cool for petrol heads.

What apps do you guys have??

Last edited by Raj1008 : 8th October 2009 at 19:37.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:37   #1727
Team-BHP Support

Update 3.1.2

Quote:
Apple today released iPhone OS 3.1.2, addressing several issues regarding waking from sleep, network service disruption, and crashing during video streaming. iPhone users should connect their iPhones to iTunes and click the "Check for Update" button to obtain the new version.
Quote:
This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:

- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
- Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
The update is compatible with all iPhone models and weighs in at approximately 240 MB. Apple introduced iPhone OS 3.1 almost exactly one month ago, bringing a number of new features including Genius recommendation for applications, Genius Mixes for music and purchasing of pre-cut ringtones.
Am downloading the same as i post.

Edit: @Raj1008: last i checked i have 105 apps, too lazy to update the details now. Facebook and Birthday are 2 which i really use on a day to day basis, rest most are games.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th October 2009 at 23:40.
Old 11th October 2009, 00:49   #1728
BHPian

Guys my iPhone died on me, I updated to 3.1 a week a ago and slowly the sickness started.. my sleep wake button stopped working... yup that's what i felt. sooon there was signs of bird flu with programs crashing while they were flying.. the call register had only MISSED calls the list of crazy chickenGuniya goes on, the blumin thing couldn't be re-started coz the button dont work! well itunes also dumped the phone with just basic info on log in. like whos phone, what name, number, IMEI..
Then I decide to restore, I had a custom restore from the upgrade so I did and in the process the mad thing crashed So now i'm left with a phone that tries to boot and goes to recovery mode and vis versa untill batt drains.
any suggestions? other than it being a paper weight on my table??? LOL
Specks: 2G phone with a few bumps and bangs (thanks to my adventurous kids), running on 3.0 when the heart attack struck!!

Last edited by johnda : 11th October 2009 at 00:51.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:33   #1729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Guys my iPhone died on me, I updated to 3.1 a week a ago and slowly the sickness started.. my sleep wake button stopped working... yup that's what i felt. sooon there was signs of bird flu with programs crashing while they were flying.. the call register had only MISSED calls the list of crazy chickenGuniya goes on, the blumin thing couldn't be re-started coz the button dont work! well itunes also dumped the phone with just basic info on log in. like whos phone, what name, number, IMEI..
Then I decide to restore, I had a custom restore from the upgrade so I did and in the process the mad thing crashed So now i'm left with a phone that tries to boot and goes to recovery mode and vis versa untill batt drains.
any suggestions? other than it being a paper weight on my table??? LOL
Specks: 2G phone with a few bumps and bangs (thanks to my adventurous kids), running on 3.0 when the heart attack struck!!
You use a mac right?

Download the pwnage tool and remake a custom ipsw file for 3.1. The old one may be corrupted. Then connect iPhone to iTunes, hold down the option key and click restore. It'll give u a dialogue box from where to choose the custom file. Choose and restore.
Should work.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:13   #1730
BHPian

Guys, I need help!

I bought an iPhone locked to Vodafone and needed to unlock it. It has OS 3.1 and the horrible 05.11.07 baseband.

I followed:
Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3.1 with PwnageTool | Redmond Pie

then did this
Unlock iPhone 3.1 with ultrasn0w | Redmond Pie

I had a 1604 error and I did this
Fix 16xx and 21 Error during iPhone 3.1 Restore in iTunes | Redmond Pie

Now, I need to downgrade by baseband from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08. For that I need Fuzzyband via Cydia.
Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 3.1 Baseband 05.11.07 to 04.26.08

The problem is that I get a POSIX Error: Operation Timed Out in Cydia.
POSIX Error: Operation Timed Out in Cydia, already read the other threads - iPod touch Fans forum

Therefore I am unable to unlock the phone. It is already Jailbroken though.

I have a Vodafone sim. How I wish I was on Airtel! Does anyone want to exchange a Vodafone 16GB iPhone 3g with my Airtel 16GB iPhone 3g?

I know this might sound like Greek and Latin to people who aren't familiar with IPhone unlocks. I really need some sound advice from the iPhone gurus like Tejas and Jaggu here.

BTW, my phone works perfectly with an Airtel sim.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:18   #1731
Team-BHP Support

Proxima iam not a iPhone guru and i havent unlocked or jailbroken my handset yet, all i can suggest is Mac Forums - Mac News and Rumor Discussion or iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials for help
Old 12th October 2009, 17:33   #1732
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu. I did go through that. However, I need advice on how to downgrade the baseband from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:04   #1733
Team-BHP Support

Now Photoshop is on iPhone, now Rudra can totally move over to iPhone for everything.

Adobe brings Photoshop.com to the iPhone | Web Crawler - CNET News
Old 12th October 2009, 21:32   #1734
Distinguished - BHPian

Proxima. I assume you are on 3g phone.
Unlocking a 3.1 3G is difficult but doable. I will post in detail later on. Don't have access to a comp now and posting from my iPhone. Anyways, try downloading posix again via wifi. If it times out, go to network, select wifi and tap forget network. Then reselect and try again.
I need to go through the threads u posted since I am not very familiar with 3G. I have the 2G.
Whatever you do, do NOT upgrade to 3.1.2.

Gimme two days to give u a definite solution unless someone can help in the meanwhile.
And as jaggu said, I'm not a guru myself, I started playing with my iPhone because I hated paying someone to unlock it everytime it crashed. These were the initial days when the iPhone was just launched and Ziphone ruled the roost.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:32   #1735
BHPian

Thanks Tejas, would really appreciate it!
Old 13th October 2009, 15:45   #1736
BHPian

Tejas, does Push work in your 2G? Is it unlocked?
Old 13th October 2009, 21:10   #1737
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now Photoshop is on iPhone, now Rudra can totally move over to iPhone for everything.

Adobe brings Photoshop.com to the iPhone | Web Crawler - CNET News
Already got it on mine, but you need a US iTunes account
Old 13th October 2009, 22:31   #1738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Tejas, does Push work in your 2G? Is it unlocked?
yes push does work on my 2g via google sync. Hotmail doesn't push.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:10   #1739
Distinguished - BHPian

Ping upgrade is out. Try that. Hopefully should work.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:23   #1740
BHPian

Tejas, was finally able to install Fuzzyband. Unfortunately, I have bootloader 05.09 and my phone cannot be unlocked at this moment.

I'm thinking of getting an Airtel Sim because my phone is locked to Airtel. So if I restore using iTunes, and use an Airtel sim, it will work, right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks