Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 19:01   #5731
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
IP5 I guess? And yes, I have the same problem. Have been noticing it after the last 2 updates.. Every time I finish a call, I get a popup that the network connection is lost. The next second everything is back to normal.

Ohh, by the way there is this app "App Gratis". Helps in finding out free apps for the day.
I've iPhone 4S. This is the first time I noticed "No Service" during a call Frequent network drop disappeared after some time, earlier as well as now.

There are many apps to know price drops for apps. AppOfTheDay is also a good one. appsfire is another good one, which lets yo create price drop/free alerts for apps.
Old 29th January 2013, 20:09   #5732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I've iPhone 4S. This is the first time I noticed "No Service" during a call Frequent network drop disappeared after some time, earlier as well as now.

There are many apps to know price drops for apps. AppOfTheDay is also a good one. appsfire is another good one, which lets yo create price drop/free alerts for apps.
ok, mine is an IP5. So looks like a common problem. I did get a couple of drops during a call.

Thanks for the info on those apps.
Old 29th January 2013, 22:08   #5733
Team-BHP Support

Strange i never had this issue ^^. I guess this might be happening when the 3g to 2g or switching otherway around is happening. On latest update since yday night.
Old 30th January 2013, 09:52   #5734
BHPian

It finally happened, that too just when I bought a new iPhone dock for my home speakers!

I pulled out the phone from my pocket when entering the car today and it fell face down on the road, bang on a small stone. The front screen has crumpled around the home button and a big crack runs down the screen from top to bottom

Can anybody help with a repair shop in Bangalore who can replace the front screen for me? My iPhone 4 has been purchased in UK so no servicing by the official stores!
Old 30th January 2013, 12:32   #5735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Can anybody help with a repair shop in Bangalore who can replace the front screen for me? My iPhone 4 has been purchased in UK so no servicing by the official stores!
You could try iRepair in Koramangla ( http://irepair.in/index.html )
I have got an iPad and an iPhone fixed there. they are fast and professional.
Old 31st January 2013, 05:25   #5736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
You could try iRepair in Koramangla ( http://irepair.in/index.html )
I have got an iPad and an iPhone fixed there. they are fast and professional.
Thanks for this, @slicvic! They were professional in my interaction with them. I've got a quote from them and waiting for a couple of other vendors to reply as well. Will update this thread on what I go with finally.
Old 31st January 2013, 18:40   #5737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Strange i never had this issue ^^. I guess this might be happening when the 3g to 2g or switching otherway around is happening. On latest update since yday night.
I'm on 2G, so no question if switching. Also, the problem has almost disappeared today! I had the same experience at the time of last upgrade as well.

Can somebody tell me what does the + sign signify?
The iPhone Thread-image2479689414.jpg
Old 31st January 2013, 20:57   #5738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm on 2G, so no question if switching. Also, the problem has almost disappeared today! I had the same experience at the time of last upgrade as well.

Can somebody tell me what does the + sign signify?
You are in Edge that us shown by E sign beside Airtel.
+ sign is from your Nike plus app you are using for workout.
Old 31st January 2013, 21:17   #5739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

You are in Edge that us shown by E sign beside Airtel.
+ sign is from your Nike plus app you are using for workout.
+ sign does not appear whenever I use Nike+ app. This morning I had Nike+ and Runkeeper simultaneously and saw this + sign. I see Bluetooth sign when only Nike+ is running.

Last edited by sa_kiran : 31st January 2013 at 21:19.
Old 31st January 2013, 21:50   #5740
BHPian

iOS 6.1 is now available. The updates doesnt seem to be relevant for me, so have disregarded it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1624
Old 31st January 2013, 22:19   #5741
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm on 2G, so no question if switching.

Attachment 1045669
Ahh that clears it, 2G does not allow data and voice. So if any app is trying to access internet while at a call this message can pop up and then it will resume once the call is cut. I thinks thats the cause. Do you get this message even while taking calls while connected to wifi? I guess not.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:06   #5742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
It finally happened, that too just when I bought a new iPhone dock for my home speakers!

I pulled out the phone from my pocket when entering the car today and it fell face down on the road, bang on a small stone. The front screen has crumpled around the home button and a big crack runs down the screen from top to bottom

I found iRepair a little costly. I recently got my iphone 4 Screen changed for a nominal amount at iService. Authenticity etc might be an issue, but IMHO, its a decent repair and quite nominal as well. Look it up on FB for details.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:03   #5743
Senior - BHPian

Finally, I am migrating from APPLE to SAMSUNG.

I am getting my Samsung Note 2 delivered today evening. It was a tough decision to move from the Apple ecosystem into Android. The sheer size of the screen and the intuitiveness of the Note-2 got me interested. And at 35k price, its a wonderful piece of art IMO.

I still have 3 iPods (Shuffle, Nano and Touch) at home. So I am very much connected to the Apple world. Sorry Apple, for me, you lost the game somewhere.
Old 1st February 2013, 16:28   #5744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ahh that clears it, 2G does not allow data and voice. So if any app is trying to access internet while at a call this message can pop up and then it will resume once the call is cut. I thinks thats the cause. Do you get this message even while taking calls while connected to wifi? I guess not.
Well, the problem was like this - Networks would drop and reappear after a second. This was happening very frequently, many times a minute. It happened for about 2 days after upgrade to 6.0.1 and 6.1. It disappeared mysteriously!

The other problem of "No Service" during the call happened only once, I was not on wi-fi; after upgrade to 6.1.

I noticed + sign this morning when I started Nike+. I don't remember seeing this with 6.0.1. Is it a feature of 6.1?
Old 2nd February 2013, 01:35   #5745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
I found iRepair a little costly. I recently got my iphone 4 Screen changed for a nominal amount at iService. Authenticity etc might be an issue, but IMHO, its a decent repair and quite nominal as well. Look it up on FB for details.
Thanks AJ, that was very helpful. They turned out to be the most reasonable among the four vendors I spoke to. iRepair quoted 5.8k for the front screen and iService quoted 3.4k (both said these were original screens and came with a 6 month warranty). There were other vendors who quoted 1.5k but they gave no warranty.

So got the screen replaced from iService. It was an hour's job, that's it. The quality of the screen looks as good as the original gorilla glass. I tested everything I could -- camera, light sensor, typing and various touch actions. Couldn't find any difference from the original screen. So I am satisfied as of now.

Excellent fit & finish of the new glass
The iPhone Thread-img_2677.jpg
The iPhone Thread-img_2678.jpg

And now for some extra precaution. Out goes the silicone cover...
The iPhone Thread-img_2680.jpg

... and in comes the leather pouch (which I already had but never used!)
The iPhone Thread-img_2679.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks