Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2014, 21:43   #6676
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

When and where is this happening? Do elaborate, I will queue up the night before

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Apple is being kind to people who are broke like me. Will be selling the unsold inventory of Iphone 4 in India for about 15K. Agreed that its almost a 4 year model, but if the pricing is to be believed, should be VFM.

However, it will send the resale value of Iphone 4 southwards. But that's no brainer I guess.
Old 18th January 2014, 10:09   #6677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
When and where is this happening? Do elaborate, I will queue up the night before
So I am not the only one....hmm...btw, it can happen as soon as 10-12 days of time...may be before 26 Jan.

See this link: http://articles.economictimes.indiat...n-market-share
Old 18th January 2014, 16:27   #6678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apple is being kind to people who are broke like me. Will be selling the unsold inventory of Iphone 4 in India for about 15K. Agreed that its almost a 4 year model, but if the pricing is to be believed, should be VFM.

However, it will send the resale value of Iphone 4 southwards. But that's no brainer I guess.
Honestly this isn't worth it. I'm still using my iPhone 4 that I bought at launch and the phone feels very slow now. I can't wait to upgrade.
Old 18th January 2014, 16:36   #6679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Honestly this isn't worth it. I'm still using my iPhone 4 that I bought at launch and the phone feels very slow now.
True. In fact a lot of phones in the 15K price range would be a better deal. The new hardware is cheaper, better and faster and the software updated.
However, all this logic is on one side and the charm of owning an Apple product on the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I can't wait to upgrade.
Me too! The Iphone 4 will be an upgrade for me too
Old 18th January 2014, 18:36   #6680
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However, all this logic is on one side and the charm of owning an Apple product on the other. Me too! The Iphone 4 will be an upgrade for me too
The combination of iPhone 4 and the latest iOS version is powerful enough to ensure that the charm of owning an Apple product will wither off in a few mins. It's not really worth to spend 15K on this. If you want to get into the iPhone space, atleast start with the 4S.
Old 18th January 2014, 18:42   #6681
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Having paid around 38k ish and moved up to the iPhone 4S a year and a half ago, I am still really enjoying using it.
Perhaps, since it is going strong and happy, I should consider upgrading only when iPhone 6 or 6S comes into play, say a year or so from now. Any advice?
Old 18th January 2014, 22:10   #6682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Having paid around 38k ish and moved up to the iPhone 4S a year and a half ago, I am still really enjoying using it.
Perhaps, since it is going strong and happy, I should consider upgrading only when iPhone 6 or 6S comes into play, say a year or so from now. Any advice?
A 4S to 5S upgrade is, at best, a 'maybe'. You get the following:
  • touchID, slightly better camera, much faster processor, motion co-proccesor, larger screen, 4G
Had you a 4, upgrade to 5S would be a 'yes'. A 3GS or below? 'Definitely'.

Even I hold a 4S and plan on waiting for the next launch.
Old 18th January 2014, 22:56   #6683
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
A 4S to 5S upgrade is, at best, a 'maybe'. You get the following:[*]touchID, slightly better camera, much faster processor, motion co-proccesor, larger screen, 4G Had you a 4, upgrade to 5S would be a 'yes'. A 3GS or below? 'Definitely'. Even I hold a 4S and plan on waiting for the next launch.

I am happy to bide my time on this one then.
Old 19th January 2014, 00:43   #6684
Senior - BHPian

This would be for my mother. Her old phone is acting up and she has hinted at the iPad being a bit bulky and inconvenient to use for face time with her grandsons. Apart from that her usage will be limited to basic phone functions and whatsapp/txt at best. I was thinking of getting a 4s but if the 4 happens, I believe it will be a good buy for the intended usage.

Quote:
So I am not the only one....hmm...btw, it can happen as soon as 10-12 days of time...may be before 26 Jan.
Old 20th January 2014, 14:29   #6685
BHPian

Apple iPhone 4 8GB reintroduced in India at Rs 22,900

Apple reintroduced its 3-year-old smartphone, iPhone 4 (8GB), in India at Rs 22,900. The new MRP of the iPhone 4 is Rs 22,900, but some of the company's premium resellers are selling the phone at Rs 22,500. Currently, the phone is available only in black colour.

Source : http://ibnlive.in.com/news/apple-iph...446599-11.html
Old 20th January 2014, 14:36   #6686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
Apple iPhone 4 8GB reintroduced in India at Rs 22,900
IMO it is really not worth buying iPhone 4 at this price when the fact is after mid of 2014 once iOS 8 is released iPhone 4 will not get any support from new iOS. Apple should seriously think of pricing iPhone 4 at the price point of around Rs.15000 in India now. When other phones with almost similar or better specs for instance Nokia Lumia 625 is priced at Rs 15000, it really makes sense to price iPhone 4 also at the same price range.

EDIT: Overall it is not a wise decision to buy iPhone 4 at this time point when in few months from now iPhone 4S will be a basic phone model for apple

Last edited by lazybrain : 20th January 2014 at 14:39.
Old 20th January 2014, 15:21   #6687
Distinguished - BHPian

The iPhone 4 for Rs. 23K, I can only term the pricing outrageous. I wonder if too many will sell as there are far far better phones at this price point, and in fact, much better phones near the 15K mark. In fact, there is no reduction in price since flipkart was selling at the same price the iphone 4 for long. Hence, it is only a relaunch, not a price reduction at all.
Old 21st January 2014, 21:24   #6688
Team-BHP Support

After being a very hardcore android fan for the past 3 to 4 years - I have jumped ship to iOS now. Got the wife to gift me an iphone 4S two days back.

Reason for the shift -

I started my android life with the Galaxy S2, prebooked. It was a revolution in terms of hardware and software and I was absolutely hooked to it. Over the years, between us, we have owned Galaxy S, S2, S3 and Note2.

However, after the S2 experience - S3 and Note2 felt like the same phone in a bigger and better package. I was not getting a new phone experience. Moreover, over the years - my usage changed drastically. From hacking/changing OS etc to basic applications usage and hence didn't feel the need to stick to the android platform.

Initial impressions -
  • Feels very solid. Very very solid.
  • Touch is seemless and the UI seems intuitive. Feels fresh for a long time android user.
  • Brand value is brilliant. S2 was a big sensation when it came out, but no one really cared about my upgrade to S3. However, this 4S set a few eyeballs rolling in office this week, even though it is cheaper than the Galaxy S3 when i had bought it.

Will keep an eye on this thread. Trying to figure out iTunes funda for now.
Old 21st January 2014, 22:05   #6689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Initial impressions -

[*]Feels very solid. Very very solid.[*]Touch is seemless and the UI seems intuitive. Feels fresh for a long time android user.[*]Brand value is brilliant. S2 was a big sensation when it came out, but no one really cared about my upgrade to S3. However, this 4S set a few eyeballs rolling in office this week, even though it is cheaper than the Galaxy S3 when i had bought it.

Will keep an eye on this thread. Trying to figure out iTunes funda for now.
Welcome to apple family. I have been a self proclaimed fan of iPhone since iPh2 days. Recently switched to tab 3 for android experience but continue to use iPhone. Please feel free to post your experience and queries too.
Old 21st January 2014, 23:08   #6690
BHPian

@crazy driver welcome to the Apple community. Any particular reason you opted for iPhone 4S over latest iPhone 5S or 5C other than cost? I am not sure how often you change your phone but if you use 1 mobile phone for a long time (~3-4 years) then you must know iPhone 4S will become pretty much redundant after approximately 1.5 years from now, meaning apple will stop supporting on software updates for iPhone 4S. That's a pretty much standard practice apple follows that it gives maximum 4 year support post launch of a particular phone model. If you have only max. 1 - 1.5 years of usage in mind then it's a best buy else IMO it is not since after 1.5 years you have to live with an outdated iOS version - just a thought and enjoy your new world of iOS.

Last edited by lazybrain : 21st January 2014 at 23:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks