Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 14:48   #6796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

PS: i had the regular sim 'cut' to shape (with a sim cutter thingy) and used it in my phone.

Apple told me if any problem occurs i wont be getting the warranty if i cut a normal sim to use it as a Nano Sim. In some cases the edges are not properly smoothed they remain a bit sharp. For one week i used like that but later i changed over to a proper nano sim. Hope changing over to a proper nano sim will solve your problem. If not then apple will definitely change your hand set!
Old 24th April 2014, 15:04   #6797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Apple told me if any problem occurs i wont be getting the warranty if i cut a normal sim to use it as a Nano Sim. In some cases the edges are not properly smoothed they remain a bit sharp. For one week i used like that but later i changed over to a proper nano sim. Hope changing over to a proper nano sim will solve your problem. If not then apple will definitely change your hand set!
i was told the same when i had been to the ASC with my iPhone 4. if one uses the cut SIM in the iPhone and the phone conks, it's not covered under warranty. got myself the micro-SIM the next day
Old 24th April 2014, 22:42   #6798
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1398360099.901109.jpg

Need your help folks. Kid dropped wifey's 5c and the top right corner has opened up. The blue outer shell has come off slightly in the corner. The phone is working just fine, but could not press it back to the original position. I didn't try putting too much stress since I thought there may be done inner clip and it may break if I press it too hard. Contemplating on taking it to the iPhone service centre I'm Phoenix mall bangalore or is there any other service center whom you can refer? Appreciate your help.
Old 24th April 2014, 23:06   #6799
Team-BHP Support

Under warranty best is to goto authorised apple place, if you are lucky they might just give you a new phone also
Old 24th April 2014, 23:10   #6800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Question on the 5S - which one is easy to maintain, space grey or silver? So far I have been using black phones, thinking of a change this time. Thank you!
Hi Vb-san,

I use a space grey 5s, trust me it has no maintenance issues at all. The front panel being black in color the dust is not visible for the most part. Whereas for white/gold the dust gets accumulated at the top and is visible( due to the white panel).

Hope i didnt confuse you, on your decision
Old 25th April 2014, 17:09   #6801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Silver is easier to maintain than black.The black iPhone 5,5s get scratched easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
On the other hand if you would like to use the phone just with screen protectors again you can get scratch resistance screen covers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hi Vb-san,
I use a space grey 5s, trust me it has no maintenance issues at all. The front panel being black in color the dust is not visible for the most part. Whereas for white/gold the dust gets accumulated at the top and is visible( due to the white panel).
Thanks again for the responses. Got the Silver 5S today. Almost decided on the Space Grey, but the shop I visited today did not have stock, and I did not want to wait or make another trip next week. So came home with the Silver one, with protection film added on both sides.
Old 25th April 2014, 17:58   #6802
Senior - BHPian

Finally getting my iPhone 5S replaced. Was having automatic restarting issue for some time. At first, when complained about this problem they just restored the phone and ran some test and deemed the mobile to be ok. I was told not to use the earlier backed up data.

Which I obliged, a week later the phone just went dead during the middle of a call. I had 35% battery remaining at that time, tried to restart nothing was working. Connected to itunes and found the phone has gone to recovery mode. Tried to restore but ended up getting error 4005, 13. Tried all the tricks told by apple in their website.

Now they are telling they found some issue with hardware and they are giving me a replacement. Any ways all good now, but imagine ones plight when the phone just conks off without any warning.

Last edited by ecenandu : 25th April 2014 at 18:00.
Old 26th April 2014, 09:29   #6803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Now they are telling they found some issue with hardware and they are giving me a replacement. Any ways all good now, but imagine ones plight when the phone just conks off without any warning.
Apple is fixing this issue free of cost. If you have paid already for this issue, you can get refund.
This is applicable for iphone 5/5s/5c with specific serial numbers.
You can check if your phone is eligible here: https://ssl.apple.com/in/support/iph...eepwakebutton/
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 10:08   #6804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks again for the responses. Got the Silver 5S today. Almost decided on the Space Grey, but the shop I visited today did not have stock, and I did not want to wait or make another trip next week. So came home with the Silver one, with protection film added on both sides.
Glad we could help you decide.Hope you have a pleasant experience!
Old 9th May 2014, 14:11   #6805
BHPian

My brother got his Iphone 5c today. It's green in color and looks awesome. He is totally loving the experience. He has switched from android to Iphone.
Old 9th May 2014, 16:08   #6806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Apple is fixing this issue free of cost. If you have paid already for this issue, you can get refund.
This is applicable for iphone 5/5s/5c with specific serial numbers.
You can check if your phone is eligible here: https://ssl.apple.com/in/support/iph...eepwakebutton/
Friends, is Apple service centers providing any standby phone. What I came to know here in Delhi that we will have to leave the phone and replacement will be provided after 4-6 days. I am still not sure how will I survive without a phone . Worst part is iPhone 5 supports non-SIM and it wont get fit in any other phone.
Old 9th May 2014, 19:18   #6807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
I guess iPhone comes with an international warranty and you can easily get it replaced in bangalore. My friend got his iPad replaced from bangalore which was purchased in Malaysia at apple showroom.

Depends on how busy they are and the extend of your repair. They operate from an apartment in Koramangala and we are not allowed to go inside. Mine was an old iPhone and hence did not mind giving it to them for repair.
When I had posted here, all my phone needed was an ear piece cleaning. But now unfortunately its Dead. How? I went swimming with it in my pocket. I took the phone to Apple Service Center in Forum mall. They said I can go in for a paid service. This is basically exchanging the phone for a new piece of same specifications. As a policy it seems, Apple does not repair phones, only replace. Even if a volume button malfunctions, the entire phone is replaced. And for this the major prerequisites are: Phone should be bought in India and you should have the Bill. They can check the S/N too which is printed on the Sim tray, but said that data at times is not always updated. Hence the Bill. They will not entertain a phone bought outside India, even if its legally bought and with Bill.

But I dont want to give away my phone. So will try out iService now and see if they can do something about it. The battery is now swollen and it forced open the rear cover. Hope the phone can be revived. Will go this weekend. Fingers Crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Did any one face the "no sim card installed" error? I bought an iphone 5s and every morning after full charge - it shows no sim card installed. first, i got it solved by restarting. today, i had to open and close the sim tray to make it work.

Better solution to this?

PS: i had the regular sim 'cut' to shape (with a sim cutter thingy) and used it in my phone.
Best solution is to get a duplicate SIM of the right size from your service provider's office. You will get it right away. If there is an issue with the cut sim, it could be straining the chip in the phone to keep signal, using up more battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Friends, is Apple service centers providing any standby phone. What I came to know here in Delhi that we will have to leave the phone and replacement will be provided after 4-6 days. I am still not sure how will I survive without a phone. Worst part is iPhone 5 supports non-SIM and it wont get fit in any other phone.
There are many adaptors available in the market. You can use that to use the sim in any phone you want. Thats what I am doing. Using my mini sim in a phone that takes the regular sized sim.
Something like this: http://www.shopclues.com/mini-nano-t...FVcUjgodS5EASA

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 9th May 2014 at 19:25.
Old 10th May 2014, 05:31   #6808
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I took the phone to Apple Service Center in Forum mall. They said I can go in for a paid service. This is basically exchanging the phone for a new piece of same specifications. As a policy it seems, Apple does not repair phones, only replace. Even if a volume button malfunctions, the entire phone is replaced.
Sorry to hear about your phone. Hope you had a backup of the data.

It's a clever play of words. Try to remember again, they would never have used the term "new" phone. They would always say they would replace the phone with a replacement (factory re-assembled phone), coming straight from the factory.

The part they mentioned about Apple's policy is true, the world over.
Old 10th May 2014, 09:54   #6809
BHPian

Good News! Most provably Apple will unveil iPhone 6 this August, this is a month earlier than expected. This information is supported by few Taiwanese suppliers were informed by Apple to start their assembly lines for new handsets around late June. The speculation is the phone will be available in two different screen sizes 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch. 4.7 inch is set to launch first in August followed by 5.5 in the coming months.
To be honest I'm still happy and feel comfortable with existing screen size.
To my liking the existing screen feels apt for a phone and very much accessible to my fingers.

Cheers!
Old 11th May 2014, 14:54   #6810
Senior - BHPian

Was just going thru' this hot thread on our forum http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...le-online.html

While looking for some random stuff, stumbled on the iphone prices at the port of origin.

The iphone 5s 32GB costs just Rs. 24,638/- at the port of origin (China). Just imagine the kinda taxes and profit margins we pay!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks