Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2016, 00:27   #9256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Just press the button, the home button. That's it.

It unlocks without asking the passcode now. Slide to unlock is no more available ?
Old 16th September 2016, 00:31   #9257
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
Its been 2 days since i have updated to iOS 10 but still couldnt figure out how to unlock my iPhone 6 in one go.

PS: My phone has a passcode plus fingerprint sensor.
Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Home Button -> Rest Finger to Open
This should get you back to pre iOS10 setting for unlocking the phone.
Old 16th September 2016, 00:35   #9258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Home Button -> Rest Finger to Open

This should get you back to pre iOS10 setting for unlocking the phone.

Thanks a lot, that helped a lot, feels back to normal
Old 16th September 2016, 08:12   #9259
Team-BHP Support

Official iPhone 6s prices cut by 22k

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_announ...news-20521.php
Old 16th September 2016, 10:31   #9260
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just a little confused. I got my Iphone 6S (64GB) four months back for Rs 56k. Now the MRP of the 32BG one is Rs 50k which means it might sell for Rs 48k. How is this a price cut? Was there a 32GB version available earlier? I thought 6S had just three versions - 16GB/64GB/128GB. Can someone please clarify? I am getting confused here.
Old 16th September 2016, 10:50   #9261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I got my Iphone 6S (64GB) four months back for Rs 56k. Now the MRP of the 32BG one is Rs 50k which means it might sell for Rs 48k. How is this a price cut? Was there a 32GB version available earlier? I thought 6S had just three versions - 16GB/64GB/128GB. Can someone please clarify? I am getting confused here.
The 16GB and the 64GB variants have been discontinued. Only the SE will have the 16GB/64GB variants now.

The 6S/6S+ now come in a newly introduced 32GB base variant, and a 128GB variant. (link)

--------------------------------

Day 3 after upgrade to iOS 10 on my 6 Plus (thanks to Nishad for the heads up):

Menus are quite smooth and snappy. I am loving the messaging and the call log apps a bit more now. Also like how they have transformed the WhatsApp app. Much easier and seamless.

Only problem I keep seeing is a slightly longer delay in loading up messages on the Facebook and Telegram apps. Hope it's not the OS acting up. Maybe an update for both apps is in order. Let's see how soon they roll out.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th September 2016 at 10:52.
Old 16th September 2016, 11:14   #9262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Just a little confused. I got my Iphone 6S (64GB) four months back for Rs 56k. Now the MRP of the 32BG one is Rs 50k which means it might sell for Rs 48k. How is this a price cut? Was there a 32GB version available earlier? I thought 6S had just three versions - 16GB/64GB/128GB. Can someone please clarify? I am getting confused here.
I bought the iPhone 6S 64gb for 55k in January 2016. Now, the 16 and 64 have been replaced with 32gb and 128gb respectively. Two storage capacities will be available in the 6S now. MRP's are going to be 50K & 60K.
Old 16th September 2016, 23:46   #9263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If you are just getting used to iOS why bother to get familiarize with 9.x, just upgrade to 10
This did cross my mind but having been at the receiving end of some bugs when I was the first to get updates on a nexus phone, wasn't too keen on a massive update so soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Was the phone used by anyone prior to you having it? OS generally takes 5gigs. Issues faced on iPhones that are 16gigs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
You have to delete the photos from the recently deleted folder in Photos app as well. After that you will see the free storage.
I'd deleted the photos from the recently deleted folder as well, still no change. Took a backup, reset and restored my phone. "Others" is now under a gb, looks like something went wrong when I used the "Move to iOS" app to set up my phone.

PS- How does one logout from the teambhp app on Iphone ?

Last edited by shashank.nk : 17th September 2016 at 00:00.
Old 17th September 2016, 00:13   #9264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

I'd deleted the photos from the recently deleted folder as well, still no change. Took a backup, reset and restored my phone. "Others" is now under a gb, looks like something went wrong when I used the "Move to iOS" app to set up my phone.

PS- How does one logout from the teambhp app on Iphone ?

Nope, those are just junk files that build over time, that's perfectly fine. Glad that you now have more usability!
About the logging out, this is Hotel California my fiend. "You can check our any time you like (close the application), but you can never leave (logout)"
Honestly, don't know if I can log out, don't care either cause it's faster this way.
Old 17th September 2016, 05:37   #9265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Also like how they have transformed the WhatsApp app. Much easier and seamless.

Hey RavenAvi, I just upgraded to iOS 10 on my 6. It was mentioned somewhere that now you can quick forward the messages in WhatsApp. Can you let me know if you see that ?
Old 17th September 2016, 05:39   #9266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Hey RavenAvi, I just upgraded to iOS 10 on my 6. It was mentioned somewhere that now you can quick forward the messages in WhatsApp. Can you let me know if you see that ?
Update your WhatsApp as well. There will be an arrow next to the photograph, press that for quick forward.
Old 17th September 2016, 07:52   #9267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Am not yet on iOS 10 and can see this feature. It's a Whatsapp update not iOS I guess.
Old 17th September 2016, 08:01   #9268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Update your WhatsApp as well. There will be an arrow next to the photograph, press that for quick forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am not yet on iOS 10 and can see this feature. It's a Whatsapp update not iOS I guess.
Right !! after upgrading my Whatsapp I am able to use this feature. There are quite a few improvements especially the integration of third party calls with the native phone app is super convenient. All calls at one place !
Old 17th September 2016, 08:44   #9269
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgraded my iPhone 6+ (64 GB) to iOS 10 a couple of days ago and have been playing around to see what is new and was pleasantly surprised to see almost everything seems to be updated.

Phone now runs a lot smoother, UI feels fluid and switching between screen haven't been this fluid in a long time. My phone battery life seemed to have improved. I lose just 4% battery life in 30 mins (This is after being continuously on either whataspp or phone calls)

I believe Siri is more tightly integrated into majority of the important apps like email, calendar, alarm, notes etc (Anyone knows how Siri behaves differently now?)

Some of the key features that I noted are updated are :

1. Emoticons pop up while typing e.g if you are typing car (car emoticon pops up and you can select that instead of typing the word)

2. Emails have been completely overhauled and now is laid out in a string fashion so all emails related same subject can be seen one below other

3. Calendar has been updated and I understand the dreaded error of updated appointments not getting correctly reflected is rectified now.

4. Alarm has been updated with some funky cosmetic enhancements with bedtime history (Just like exercise tracking devices like FITBIT). This is lovely update IMO!

5. Text messages have a completely new look

6. Contacts also sport a different look

7. You can now take a whataspp call from a locked screen

8. Finally, you can forward a message/image to multiple groups in one-shot which is the greatest boon as we all continue to use Whatsapp more and more

I'm sure there are plenty of new updates for important apps like FB, Instagram etc. One needs to explore, I reckon

Anyone found out something else? Do update to above list

Cheers and enjoy the iOS 10 Update !!!
Mobike008
Old 17th September 2016, 15:28   #9270
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Put in a pre booking amount for the 7 plus 128 GB Jet Black today. Hope to get it on midnight of launch day 😀

Upgrading from 5s to 7 Plus. Let's see how it goes.

Was really very undecided until the last moment about which of the blacks to go for, but finally went with the Jet Black.

Last edited by akhil994 : 17th September 2016 at 15:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks