Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:33   #9571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I bought a case from Croma for iphone 7 matte black and the case has caused some scratches on the antenna lines near the speaker. i have now removed the case and using the iphone naked. Can I use the phone with those scratches? Its just a week old. Can i ask Croma store for a replacement? Also can you please suggest where i can get a clear skin coat in Bangalore ?

Any case would eventually scratch the phone because of the slight movement while in the case. I had noticed this on my iPhone 5S and before it got worse, I put a thin plastic guard at the back. I did the same on my iPhone 6S, which has a Spigen case (which is very rugged, but still ended up causing scratches at the back.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1478077366.681868.jpg

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1478077395.832479.jpg
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:34   #9572
BHPian

Thanks all for the replies! Any suggestion on cases for iPhone 7 which won't scratch the device?
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:42   #9573
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

I don't think an iPhone needs a back or a front cover, a bumper cover maybe, if you are not careful and tend to drop your phone.

My 5S was being updated to 10.1.1and it was slow, me being impatient, tried to hard reset it and it went to restore mode with itunes logo on the screen. Tried to update it with a MacBook Pro but I keep getting outage after every 600/700MB of download and the requirement is for 2.15GB Don't think I can attain that w/o an outage.

What bugs me and is of poor concept is, when the internet is back to working after an outage of ~30 secs, it goes back to 0 KBPS.

Any help here?
Old 2nd November 2016, 19:50   #9574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't think an iPhone needs a back or a front cover, a bumper cover maybe, if you are not careful and tend to drop your phone.

Jet black definitely needs a case. My use of naked Jet black for a day has resulted in small scratched. I heard even Matt black is prone to scratch although not like jet black
Old 2nd November 2016, 20:37   #9575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for the replies! Any suggestion on cases for iPhone 7 which won't scratch the device?
Try Spigen cases, I am sure they will not scratch the device. I have been using Spigen since quite some time and am very happy with the products.

http://www.tekkitake.com/collections/iphone-7

Cheers
Old 2nd November 2016, 20:41   #9576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Jet black definitely needs a case. My use of naked Jet black for a day has resulted in small scratched. I heard even Matt black is prone to scratch although not like jet black
Are they not metal phones [like the 5S/SE]?

And any solution for my issue any of you guys?
Old 2nd November 2016, 23:06   #9577
BHPian

Quote:
Are they not metal phones [like the 5S/SE]?

And any solution for my issue any of you guys?

These are Aluminium like iPhone 5/6, but JB is polished (for 2 hours) to make is shine. It seems even Apple recommends case of JB.

Regarding your issue, thats a problem with itune restore/reset. Unfortunately I don't see any option apart from waiting patiently for download to be successful.
Old 3rd November 2016, 08:17   #9578
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:

That is disappointing. What's the use of buying an iPhone and then using a case around it ? That will be like driving your car around using a car cover. Lol.
On a serious note I can suggest that you go to the closest 3M store and have them cover the rear of you phone with their transparent film. It really works and will stay on for around 6 months. That way your phone is protected and will look good too.I have been doing this for around 4 years now.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 3rd November 2016 at 08:23.
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:03   #9579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What bugs me and is of poor concept is, when the internet is back to working after an outage of ~30 secs, it goes back to 0 KBPS.

Any help here?
I have faced this issue several times, especially in my office where the speed is low and download takes 7-8 hours and finally fails. Even if I try to pause the download for more than a few minutes and resume, it fails. I always download a full-sized clean sample of the OS through iTunes before installing it on my 5s. And till date, I haven't found a solution except for a high speed internet connection wherein you can download the whole 2.15 Gb in one go.
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:46   #9580
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
And till date, I haven't found a solution except for a high speed internet connection wherein you can download the whole 2.15 Gb in one go.
This is the final nail in owning Mac devices, I was about to buy a iMac but just the right time this issue occurred. My friend's MacBook Pro is suffering from the same issue.

I don't think I will get that a stable connection for Mac devices to operate.
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:34   #9581
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
That is disappointing. What's the use of buying an iPhone and then using a case around it ? That will be like driving your car around using a car cover. Lol.
Please refer to my post numbered 9556 on this thread. The product that I have used on my phone offers complete protection and not too much bulk.

Also has lifetime replacement guarantee.
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:37   #9582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Please refer to my post numbered 9556 on this thread. The product that I have used on my phone offers complete protection and not too much bulk.

Also has lifetime replacement guarantee.

Do local shops offer the clear coat?
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:38   #9583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal9999 View Post
Yes i am facing the same issue with Iphone 7 and iphone 6S .The issue is more prominent while receiving the calls.
Updated to 10.1.1 yesterday and touch ID is responding far better now
Guess, Apple has addressed the issue.
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:42   #9584
Senior - BHPian

I've been facing a peculiar problem since the last couple of weeks. The internet on my iPhone 6 randomly stops working (however 3G icon is still shown) every 10-15 minutes. I am on Vodafone 3G sim. I tried removing the sim & inserting it again, but issue is still present. It happens all over Mumbai, not just any specific area. I am unable to figure out whether it is an issue of the network or phone. Any guesses?
Old 3rd November 2016, 13:37   #9585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I've been facing a peculiar problem since the last couple of weeks. The internet on my iPhone 6 randomly stops working (however 3G icon is still shown) every 10-15 minutes. I am on Vodafone 3G sim. I tried removing the sim & inserting it again, but issue is still present. It happens all over Mumbai, not just any specific area. I am unable to figure out whether it is an issue of the network or phone. Any guesses?
Try replacing the sim with a 4G sim. I believe the plans for 4G are the same as 3G still.

Quote:
I have been using the Ringke Fusion cases since iPhone 5 days and very satisfied with them. They have silicon sides and hard back. Totally shock proof and drop protecting. I have a 2.5 year old toddler, who tosses the phone at her will and the case is perfect for such bratty outbursts. The front is also protected with the side lips raised above screen level.
They are available on Amazon and are equivalent to spigen cases ( hybrid , I think they are called).

Last edited by riteshritesh : 3rd November 2016 at 13:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks