Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:19   #9736
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Need some help, I'm unable to access emails thru the default mail set up in my iPhone 7. However the mails are downloaded when I connect to wifi. Other internet supported apps like Gmail work fine. I have no such issues in my other iPhone 6. I tried checking the mail settings and they look so different from the 6 to 7.

Also off late I'm seeing a red dot on my voice mail icon, again intermittently and not always. Wonder why is that.
Please check in Settings --> Mobile Data if the same is enabled for the default Mail app. Regarding the red dot in voice mail app, I am seeing the same after a recent iOS update.
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:19   #9737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
However the mails are downloaded when I connect to wifi.
can you check under cellular data if "Mail" is enabled to use your data?The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1483328991.968468.jpg
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:52   #9738
Distinguished - BHPian

Need to get a 128gb iPhone 7 Plus, has anyone come across some good deals for the same online lately?
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:39   #9739
Senior - BHPian

@diyguy & bhpmaniac, thanks for your revert, I think my mobile data was turned off by mistake and I completely forgot to check that angle all this while. Got it sorted now!
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:54   #9740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Need to get a 128gb iPhone 7 Plus, has anyone come across some good deals for the same online lately?

There was an excellent deal on infibeam, but over yesterday.
Cheapest yesterday was snapdeal, but im not too confident buying from them.
Amazon is cheaper than flipkart, for the 32gb varriants atleast.
Old 4th January 2017, 17:07   #9741
BHPian

Coming back here to give feedback after updating my IP6 to iOS 10.2! Almost a week after update, thankfully it's good and I don't see any big change in battery drain😬 and don't have problem yet related to assistive touch ! So overall happy with this update. One peculiar observation though which may not be related to iOS update >> my battery charge percentage increased from 70 to 81 after I restarted my phone at one instance ! Restart I mean usual : right side top button + home button depressed together for more than 4-5 seconds . Have any of you observed this !?
Old 4th January 2017, 18:43   #9742
BHPian

I cracked the IP7 screen. It dropped from knee length and the bottom right corner chipped.
The Indian service centers are quoting about 18k to fix this and apparently both the display and screen needs to be changed. Has anybody been in a similar situation and any suggestions on where to get this done in Bangalore and how close to original this fix is ?

I'd be off to Bahrain in 2 week on a long term assignment, does it make sense to get it fixed there.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:48   #9743
BHPian

Which application should be used to play videos in 'Amazon prime app' on an android TV?

I need to watch GT which I have downloaded on my phone.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:55   #9744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Which application should be used to play videos in 'Amazon prime app' on an android TV?

Currently, no apps are available. You can use the inbuilt browser of your smart tv or else connect a laptop/desktop to the tv and use your browser of choice.
Old 5th January 2017, 16:07   #9745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post

I am going through the same scenario. I own a Roku however it doesn't have the amazon app available for download. Chrome cast from browser is not a decent solution as the video is choppy. The choices now are to get a fire TV or Apple TV (it seems airplay from iPhone is enabled for Amazon app)
Old 5th January 2017, 16:17   #9746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I am going through the same scenario. I own a Roku however it doesn't have the amazon app available for download. Chrome cast from browser is not a decent solution as the video is choppy. The choices now are to get a fire TV or Apple TV (it seems airplay from iPhone is enabled for Amazon app)

Roku does have amazon app but i am not sure whether it supports prime video in India . It works if you have an US amazon account . Chromecast is better option if you are using chrome.
Old 5th January 2017, 16:21   #9747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Roku does have amazon app but i am not sure whether it supports prime video in India . It works if you have an US amazon account . Chromecast is better option if you are using chrome.
I have a Roku. However, can't download the amazon app from India. It wasn't pre-installed when I bought it. I tried casting from browser, the video is damn choppy and the overall experience isn't good.
Old 5th January 2017, 16:54   #9748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
I cracked the IP7 screen. It dropped from knee length and the bottom right corner chipped.
The Indian service centers are quoting about 18k to fix this and apparently both the display and screen needs to be changed. Has anybody been in a similar situation and any suggestions on where to get this done in Bangalore and how close to original this fix is ?

I'd be off to Bahrain in 2 week on a long term assignment, does it make sense to get it fixed there.
Is 18K quoted by Apple? If yes, then I would say it's reasonable compared to 16K quoted by Apple India for fixing my 4S display!!

I went the ifxit way. Cost me $40. Haven't fixed the new display as it hasn't reached me but I believe they will be closest to OE standards.

Last edited by saket77 : 5th January 2017 at 16:57.
Old 5th January 2017, 22:25   #9749
BHPian

Experience with Apple Service Centre

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to share my experience with Apple Service centre and Apple Customer care.
I am using apple products since iPhone 4s, then 5 and now my wife has iPhone 6 and I have iPhone 6s.

My iPhone 6s had the symptoms of shutting down abruptly even if i have charge remaining more than 30%.
Apple issued a recall for battery replacement recently. I decided to get my battery changed during this recall. I posted in iPhone thread here that i want to give iPhone for battery replacement and expressed a concern that when they repair one thing, they might break another thing. This concern arose after reading online feedbacks from other iPhone users.

I gave my iPhone to service centre (nyasa service centre in chinchwad, pune). They asked me if everything is OK other than battery, i told them not to believe me but to check everything themselves and note it on job card.
They checked iPhone thoroughly with iPhone diagnosis software. Software diagnosis showed speaker and mic failure but both the parts were functioning OK physically.

They checked iPhone for any physical damage and mentioned one dent on top right corner. I also confirmed the same.
Everything was noted down on job card with mutual agreement and we both agreed that there is nothing else wrong.
When i got my iPhone back from service centre, there were 2 more dents on the phone. I immediately alarmed the guys but they dismissed it saying it's normal during the repair.
I mentioned the remark on job card about these 2 extra dents and left.
I logged my complaint the very next day with apple customer care. They asked all the details from service centre and got all the pics of these dents along with copy of job card.

After lots of phone calls (and every time different person) and 2 weeks of discussion, they said, they can't do anything as i don't have pics before i handed over my phone to service centre. So they can not compare before and after situation of the phone.
This logic sounds utter ridiculous to me. It seems like they were expecting me to sense this problem in advance before giving my phone for repair that my phone will be damaged
My iPhone is out of warranty but purchased in India with valid bill.

I don't want to rest this case here. I will take it up on their social media page.
Please let me know if you have contact details of any top management with whom i can take this case up.

I never expected this from Apple. I really like the products. I have built apple ecosystem at home. I have Airport extreme, MacBook Air 11, 3 iPhones.

Last edited by Nicky : 5th January 2017 at 22:28.
Old 6th January 2017, 12:45   #9750
Team-BHP Support

Re: Experience with Apple Service Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to share my experience with Apple Service centre and Apple Customer care.
=====

They checked iPhone for any physical damage and mentioned one dent on top right corner. I also confirmed the same.
====
This logic sounds utter ridiculous to me. It seems like they were expecting me to sense this problem in advance before giving my phone for repair that my phone will be damaged
My iPhone is out of warranty but purchased in India with valid bill.
Have you tried opening a thread in apple's support community and asking for some guidance? Apple watches those threads keenly, and as far as you have written proof of the then existing dent (while handing over the device) and if the new dents are substantially more, you have a case to push for a replacement device (refurbished) or replacement of the metal chassis itself.

Be patient and firm, and while speaking to customer care quote the complaint number and second time ask for speaking to escalation point.

All the very best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks