Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2022, 12:02   #14926
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think 13PM will be out of stock very soon and the remaining stock is selling at a discount of 10-15k in India but the price is still a lot more than the price of 14Plus. May be if one can source from US or UAE then it's a different story. On paper yes 13PM is definitely better than 14plus with 120hz display and one extra lens. 14plus only has a marginally better modem and satellite calling feature that probably won't work in India.
The price delta between a 14 plus and 13 pro max isn’t huge, specially after a 10-15k discount on the 13. 512gb 12 plus is 1.2L, 512gb 13 pro max was 1.6L, will come down to 1.45L post discounts/cashback. 25k is well worth it considering all the extra stuff you get, specially pro motion, 20% brighter display, etc. I suspect the 14 pros will sell better this year.
Old 11th September 2022, 17:03   #14927

Is 13mini going to be a vfm proposition if it's priced around 45k this BBD {for a long term user(say 5+ years)}.
I'm skeptical about it aging well since it's my first leap from android(considering the amount of freedom and customization android allows).
The only other option I'm considering is asus zenfone 9 (if launched < 50k).

Not much choices in compact segmet these days.
Can wait for S23 but no expectations from it to be vfm.
Old 11th September 2022, 17:27   #14928
BHPian

Unless you are deeply engrossed in the apple ecosystem or have some very unique requirements that cannot be met by android, or plan to use ithe iphone camera (really good), you may end up using it quite similar to an android phone, with similar performance which can be had at about half the price in another android.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 11th September 2022 at 17:29.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 18:45   #14929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Who in their right mind would go for a 14 plus over a 13 pro max, no 120hz pro motion, no stainless steel chassis, no telephoto lens, no LIDAR, worse display brightness (800 nits vs 1000 on 13 pro max), exact same chip, same RAM, negligible price difference between the two.
Sound logic except for the fact that Apple sells only the latest series of the Pro models. So the 13 Pro/Pro Max are not available for a new sale anywhere even though on paper it might sound like a better deal than the regular 14 models. I'm talking about new though, maybe have better luck in the secondary market.
Old 11th September 2022, 19:03   #14930
BHPian

I got 13 Pro Max 256 GB Alpine Green two months back from USA and now in an awkward position . Thinking of selling 13 PM if I get 95k to 1 lac for it and getting it from USA some time in December, when one of my relatives is coming. But till that time I may have to use my spare iPhone 6s.
Hearing all this my family has totally given up on me .
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 19:07   #14931
BHPian

BBD is around the corner and my wishlist for my next iPhone stretches from the iPhone 12 to the 14 pro max.

iPhone 12 - small, light weight (just 162g) and affordable. If I buy this it will replace my iPhone 6s, which is my secondary phone at the moment, an Android being the primary. I may make the iPhone the primary one in the future.

iPhone 14 plus - 203g is a tad heavy for my liking but, this would mean that I throw away my Android phone and use this as my primary and secondary phone. Being somebody who is an Android user (primary) for so long, this is a bold step as am not sure I'd be able to live with it.

iPhone 14 pro max - This, only for the awefully named "Dynamic Island". That thing is so cool that you will forgive Apple for that thick (sic) "island". Make no mistake Android OEMs would have already started building their clones.

And I am hoping against hope that Apple will build a "Dynamic Peninsula" for the non-pro iPhones. It wouldn't be as cool as the island, but will be nice enough.

Don't want the smaller pro because 204g is too heavy for the 6.1 inch of screen it offers.

The final call will depend on the price offered during the BBD sales
dragonfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 19:27   #14932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Sound logic except for the fact that Apple sells only the latest series of the Pro models. So the 13 Pro/Pro Max are not available for a new sale anywhere even though on paper it might sound like a better deal than the regular 14 models. I'm talking about new though, maybe have better luck in the secondary market.
You’re assuming Apple is the only place to buy an iPhone, almost every retailer online (and offline) will have stock leftover of the 13 pro lineup, this is usually sold at a significant discount. Used is a different market altogether.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 19:29   #14933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
iPhone 14 plus - 203g is a tad heavy for my liking but, this would mean that I throw away my Android phone and use this as my primary and secondary phone. Being somebody who is an Android user (primary) for so long, this is a bold step as am not sure I'd be able to live with it.
I have switched between android (mainly OnePlus) and iPhone couple of times and if you are savvy enough, which i think you are based on the post , it shouldn’t be a problem. After several years on OnePlus phones I switched to a 12 mini. Except for the battery life and smaller screen size , you won’t miss out on much.
sbkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 23:21   #14934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Don't want the smaller pro because 204g is too heavy for the 6.1 inch of screen it offers.

The final call will depend on the price offered during the BBD sales
14 series won't have any extra discounts in BBD except for the current 5-6k cashback offer run by HDFC as its just launched and highly in demand. Instead 12 and 13 will be on good discounts if they interest you. I believe it's around 10 days left for sale so best to wait and see.
Old 11th September 2022, 23:48   #14935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
iPhone 14 pro max - This, only for the awefully named "Dynamic Island". That thing is so cool that you will forgive Apple for that thick (sic) "island". Make no mistake Android OEMs would have already started building their clones.
I was not impressed with apple event this year as I don't see a drastic difference in iPhone 14 Promax except this exciting feature "Dynamic Island"

Also, first time Apple is talked about megapixels which is bit disappointing as their 12 mega pixel was equivalent to 3X times of the numbers quoted by other android companies.

Does this mean that 48 mega pixel of 14 promax is 3X times ahead of its competition from a picture clarity perspective?

I'm still fighting with my thoughts whether it's worth upgrading from 13 promax to the new one.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 00:23   #14936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Does this mean that 48 mega pixel of 14 promax is 3X times ahead of its competition from a picture clarity perspective?
The 48 mega pixel shooter will still shoot at 12 mega pixels only, if you want to take advantage of the 48 you need to shoot in the ProRaw mode. Have said that, supposedly the clarity should be far better than the 13 Pro Max.

This information is based on a video on the first hands on posted by MKBHD. I guess you must have seen his videos, I like his videos a lot. No nonsense, great presentation and content.

Don’t be confused, go get it

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 01:44   #14937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Unless you are deeply engrossed in the apple ecosystem or have some very unique requirements that cannot be met by android, or plan to use ithe iphone camera (really good), you may end up using it quite similar to an android phone, with similar performance which can be had at about half the price in another android.
My wife's 2016 6s still works for my son! Without lag. Instant crisp response.

My Dec 2019 1+ 6T has perceptible lag

Both have horrid battery so that's a tie
My 2011 iPad2 lasted till 2018 when we got the 2018 iPad

For those who can afford it, why not

I use android - my family? iOS
I spend on them not myself

I stay in OYO when traveling on rushed business trips
We stay in a 4/5* when traveling with family

A phone sees thousands of hours of use - its a no brainer for those who have the disposable income.
phamilyman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 07:12   #14938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
For those who can afford it, why not
Vert interesting thoughts.
Quote:
This was a bit unsettling. Why not ? (Spend on them, why not spend on yourself as well? )
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 10:33   #14939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijivishu View Post
Is 13mini going to be a vfm proposition if it's priced around 45k this BBD {for a long term user(say 5+ years)}.
I'm skeptical about it aging well since it's my first leap from android(considering the amount of freedom and customization android allows).
The only other option I'm considering is asus zenfone 9 (if launched < 50k).

Not much choices in compact segmet these days.
Can wait for S23 but no expectations from it to be vfm.
Don't bet on 13 mini to be for long-term, my 10 months old 12 mini battery is at 92%. Although I got it for 29K during last BBD, that's the only sliver lining & the compactness. I suggest you go for 13 which has a relatively good battery which should hopefully be available for 45K after discounts and trading.
csnanjappa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:04   #14940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

I stay in OYO when traveling on rushed business trips
We stay in a 4/5* when traveling with family.
Well, you are justifying your forum handle, aren't you

I like your ideology but it's good to sometimes splurge on yourself too as well. We live only once. If family is comfortable then we are allowed to take care of ourself too. That's what i believe in.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks