Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:20   #15031
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Flipkart kept it's promise of 50K but only for a few minutes. Perhaps under 30 minutes.
Now the wait starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
I think, the sale date is 23rd right? How are you seeing these deals today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Wait! All this while they advertise a 49990 price tag and that was only reserved for Flipkart Plus members?
Currently its INR 55000.
I managed to place the order successfully and got iPhone 13 Midnight Black (128) @ 49990. I wanted Starlight (white), but it went out of stock almost immediately @ 00:00 AM yesterday.

As of now the item is shipped, expected by tomorrow noon.
Repsol is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:13   #15032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Flipkart kept it's promise of 50K but only for a few minutes. Perhaps under 30 minutes. And the screens were erroring out at cart and payment. Then the price increased to 52K and then I managed to order a blue color (I wanted the starlight). I was so frustrated in between that I went to Amazon and tried buy the iPhone 12 instead but held myself back at payment.

Flipkart deal @52K is sweet enough as the card discounts (2K) compensated for the price increase.

Now the wait starts.
Managed to grab it at 12.20 am. Was trying since 12 but flipkart wasn't letting payment through. Couldn't use Axis card due to server error otherwise would have saved 2200 more. So, had to use ICICI card. Wanted to get Starlight but wife already has it so opted for green. Still, not a bad deal imo. Also, I was trying to get blue but always got stuck at payment screen.

On a side note couple of my friends got the Pink color as nothing else was available at that price. They are opting for a full case now

I tried Amazon too as I trust them more than Flipkart. However at 11.30 itself Amazon removed all iphone 13 listings which imo is quite a weird thing and it's still not back.

Delivery date is tomorrow. Just in time for my self birthday gift on 24 sep
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20220922004332.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:54   #15033
Senior - BHPian

So, was the INR 49990 offer including ICICI/Axis Bank discounts? or was the Bank discount in addition to INR 49990/-?
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:00   #15034
BHPian

Quote:
So, was the INR 49990 offer including ICICI/Axis Bank discounts? or was the Bank discount in addition to INR 49990/-?
Its the post discount price.
ToThePoint is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:04   #15035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Same here, not an alien to the ecosystem and still a part of it. My work phone is an iPhone, and still use the Airpods Pro, Apple Watch, Macbook, etc. And I never felt constrained by the Ecosystem. For example, the brilliant Airpods Pro is the only headphones I use now. It works very well with my S22 or the Lenovo work laptop. Yes, the Apple watch can pair only with an iPhone, but even otherwise it’s still a delightful device to use.
Spot on vb-san! I too use an iPhone 11, MacBook Air M1, Apple TV and the AirPods Pro. This is my second pair of AirPods Pro, the older ones conked off after 2 years. Haven’t entered the Apple Watch domain yet since I love my watches, am afraid I won’t wear all my other time pieces if I get partial to this one. I have no use for the Apple Watch either, besides the fashion statement side

Besides the seamless integration between all devices there is something of a bonus I found between the AirPods Pro and Apple TV which I didn’t know at the time of purchase. Apple TV connects to the AirPods Pro just as easily as with the iPhone, it’s easy to watch TV without disturbing anyone in the house.

Cheers
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:10   #15036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Awesome. Then I don’t lose much if I buy now. Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:40   #15037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Facing severe battery drain issues in my 13 pro after installing iOS 16. T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi Audioholic ! You are not alone. Seeing multiple reports of battery drain for iphones for ios16 in twitter. I am not updating my 12 mini to iOS 16 yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokcj View Post
Seeing the same here. Significant degradation after upgrade . Hoping they will raise a fix soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I too am facing the issues of battery drain in my iPhone 13 Pro Max after updating to iOS 16.
Good news is that the battery drain issue has resolved by itself on my Phone. Just restarted a couple of days back and now idle consumption is close to nil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Hello,

Seeking suggestions for MFi certified cable for iPhone 11 to charge and data transfer. Was recommended AmazonBasics
We have been using AmazonBasics throughout our house and have multiple cables in various avatars. They seem to be the best with zero failures. In general MFI certified cables work as good as the original cables. However the cheaper ones are a hit or miss.

I recently ordered a USB C type to Lightning cable from a brand called Portronics. This isnt MFI certified and the only reason I brought it was because this was the only brand that had perpendicular connectors which I wanted to use in my car to prevent damage to the USB port. The cable which arrived didnt allow Apple Carplay. Thinking it was an issue with MFI I returned it and only replacement was possible. The replacement cable works fine without issues. But from previous experience, the non MFI cables somehow stop working after a while randomly even though they would be physically intact.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:58   #15038
BHPian

Logged in to flipkart at 00:00 and immediately selected the white iPhone 13 but it was always showing some or the other error. After few minutes I guess around 12:05 or 12:06 all 128gb one’s went out of stock. I kinda got frustrated at this time and checked out iPhone 11 128gb and placed two succesful order’s for red and black though I was not at all interested in 11 as wife has it but 36k was a pretty sweet deal. At morning when I woke up I just casually checked again and voila iPhone 13 was in stock for 53k after bank discounts at around 7:30 am, so placed an ordered immediately for the colour of my choice - starlight. And cancelled the two 11’s I had ordered.

Last edited by speedfreak01 : 22nd September 2022 at 14:59.
speedfreak01 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:40   #15039
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Actually, no. At 12:00AM the list price was 49990. When I placed my order there was a 2k discount on card, which brought the price to 48k. But the payment page errored out. At about 12:30AM the price was hiked to 52K. Some time after I placed the order it was again hiked to 53k or so.

Flipkart usually do this while Amazon usually sticks to the same price. But this time Amazon also hiked the price of the iPhone 12 from 41500 to 43000 after some time.

In contrast to the Flipkart pages erroring out, Amazon's pages worked without any issues - maybe because there weren't many lucrative deals in Amazon. But then Flipkart went totally down for about an hour last year. They improved this time.
dragonfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:48   #15040
BHPian

I managed to order two iPhone 13’s. First one got it for 47990/- and second one for 49990/- (only once the discount was available). I only had ICICI credit card. Was lucky to get through after the initial errors.

Final cost 48019 and 50019 (shipping charges ₹29/-)
smileline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:54   #15041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I thought all iPhones come with 120HZ and new 14’s which have the “Always-On” display drop to 1HZ to save the battery.

I didnt quite understand the HZ references you mentioned?
Actually I was talking about PWM rate. You're right about 120hz which is screen refresh rate. It has nothing to do with pwm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Oh man, played with the phone as I mentioned above in reply to Carpainter, watched a few Motojitsu videos too (maybe you know about this person, superb bike content).

It’s a definite no go again my eyes started burning in 10 minutes, even then persisted at it for ~35 minutes. No point in buying it brother, I spend a lot of time on the phone, cannot take a chance with my eyes. Didn’t feel comfortable again for around an hour after that.
Really disappointed to hear that. I'll go to a store soon to check it in person if it works for me or not. But the thing is I'll have to buy one because my current OnePlus 6 with low pwm rate is not doing any favour either. As I'm typing this from my phone I'm feeling a little headache and discomfort in my eyes.
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:16   #15042
BHPian

Quote:
49K was excluding bank discounts. It was kind of a fire sale, went out of stock within 10mins. Then the price increased to 50K+ and right now its close to 55K. After multiple back and forth between "out of stock", "payment gateway busy", "high load on website", I managed to order one at the super deal price of 49K with additional bank discounts. After all discounts including 5% cashback on FK Axis card, I have got it for about 45600

Name:  iPhone.png
Views: 219
Size:  21.9 KB
Funny is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:26   #15043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Has anyone been able to use TrueCaller on their Iphone? I’m unable to get caller id to flash on the screen when a call comes in. Have enabled TrueCaller in call blocking and identification.
Any luck on enabling with ios16?
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:45   #15044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Any luck on enabling with ios16?
My XR running on ios16 and up to date truecaller app. Hope that it would work with my 13 also which has been dispatched. Attached screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-4b82aabe9d3440aeae501050e2f65485.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-ff22b473eecf4d59844cecacbdb2f86a.jpeg  

speedfreak01 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:32   #15045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
But the thing is I'll have to buy one because my current OnePlus 6 with low pwm rate is not doing any favour either. As I'm typing this from my phone I'm feeling a little headache and discomfort in my eyes.
Oh man, I’m surprised and amazed how you have been using the phone with these issues. Hope you can use the the 14 Pro series. If unable to and if you want something within the Apple fold I would recommend a plain 11 if you can get your hands on one. You will certainly have no Pulse Width Management issues with the 11.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 22nd September 2022 at 22:56.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed