Old 10th February 2010, 10:12   #541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Friends, By GODS and the Ford showroom courtesy, I GOT A DEMO OF VX 140
and to my utter surprise it is pathetic,

My Observation
CONS
1. most of roads in lucknow are not properly mapped leave aside the smal towns and cities nearby (which they Claim),
2. Did a test in car also, that too not accurate as well
3. Bluetooth was utter rubbish, even my E71 loudspeaker was better than it
4. Video quality was OK and not too great as well
5. No Dashboard mount facility, only windshield mount but in my case i had a garware windshield installed which could be ruined by the suction.

PRONS
1. The plastic quality of device is good

I am thanking my stars as to how i am saved to purchase this device, even i had tried making the payment to MMI VX140, but due to some problem in ICICIBANK the payment could not be released, AND HERE I AM SAVED FROM PURCHASING THIS DEVICE
Ok, your observations might be valid, but is there a better alternative to device and map available in India?
Old 10th February 2010, 10:55   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I am looking at a VFM package and peace of mind. I dont want to regret later. Pls advise if my choice is correct.
If you are not looking additional features - like Bluetooth, you can go for 205W which does the navigation part as well as this one. 265w, form what i have read looks like a great buy. See the message in the previous page.

if you haven't already, you might want to buy a dashboard friction mount along with it. Costs 24$. I assume a car charger is there in the kit.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:25   #543

Dear Ruchirtnt

We @ MapmyIndia would like to request you for an another demonstration .

I know you are unhappy and my aim is to make sure you are Happy and Smiling !

We take your feedback very seriously and we are sure , MapmyIndia maps and GPS will not disappoint you.

i request to to go to www.maps.mapmyindia.com and search for your city / location and if you see it on the website ( with detailing ) it will also be covered in the GPS.

I appreciate your feedback and be assured ...we are working to make MapmyIndia maps and GPS better and more consumer friendly !

Do let us know your feedback after another demonstration.

Sincerely,

Gautam

Quote:
Friends, By GODS and the Ford showroom courtesy, I GOT A DEMO OF VX 140
and to my utter surprise it is pathetic,

My Observation
CONS
1. most of roads in lucknow are not properly mapped leave aside the smal towns and cities nearby (which they Claim),
2. Did a test in car also, that too not accurate as well
3. Bluetooth was utter rubbish, even my E71 loudspeaker was better than it
4. Video quality was OK and not too great as well
5. No Dashboard mount facility, only windshield mount but in my case i had a garware windshield installed which could be ruined by the suction.

PRONS
1. The plastic quality of device is good

I am thanking my stars as to how i am saved to purchase this device, even i had tried making the payment to MMI VX140, but due to some problem in ICICIBANK the payment could not be released, AND HERE I AM SAVED FROM PURCHASING THIS DEVICE

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2010 at 11:46. Reason: Posts edited. PM sent. (Also 3rd smiley removed)
Old 10th February 2010, 18:54   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapmyIndia View Post
Dear Ruchirtnt

I know you are unhappy and my aim is to make sure you are Happy and Smiling !

We take your feedback very seriously and we are sure , MapmyIndia maps and GPS will not disappoint you. MapmyIndia Navigator is a certified Genuine accessory with various OEM's such as Ford, Chevy, Maruti etc and is available across outlets in the country.

i request to to go to www.maps.mapmyindia.com and search for your city / location and if you see it on the website ( with detailing ) it will also be covered in the GPS.

I appreciate your feedback and be assured ...we are working to make MapmyIndia maps and GPS better and more consumer friendly !

Do let us know your feedback after another demonstration.

Sincerely,

Gautam
MapmyIndia.com Online maps, GPS Navigation, Driving Directions, Local Search
Cool! mapmyindia is in Team-BHP. This should help in understanding customer feedback well for MMI.

I have some observations, i am using MMI VX-140 from December.

1) when i search for a destination at home and go back and keep the device in car, GPS satellite link dont happen, untill i restart the device.

2) When i try to open phone contact with bluetooth in the VX-140 the device hangs and need to be restarted. I am using nokia 5320 mobile.

Hope there is some solution for this

Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 19:56   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
If you are not looking additional features - like Bluetooth, you can go for 205W which does the navigation part as well as this one. 265w, form what i have read looks like a great buy. See the message in the previous page.

if you haven't already, you might want to buy a dashboard friction mount along with it. Costs 24$. I assume a car charger is there in the kit.
Since you mention the friction mount.
Amazon.com: Garmin Portable Friction Mount [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]: Electronics

I have it and it is the best thing since sliced bread! I have no idea how they have done it (well they have a special surface at the bottom), but you leave it anywhere on the dashboard and it does not fall even when braked suddenly.

I ended up buying the 205W around christmas and plonked the extra money for the friction mount. No regrets at all.
Old 11th February 2010, 00:06   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Ok, your observations might be valid, but is there a better alternative to device and map available in India?
no, there is no alternate for MMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapmyIndia View Post
Dear Ruchirtnt

I know you are unhappy and my aim is to make sure you are Happy and
thanks for your courtesy, i will surely like to have a demo again may be it will change my past experience

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th February 2010 at 18:00.
Old 11th February 2010, 10:47   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Since you mention the friction mount.
Amazon.com: Garmin Portable Friction Mount [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]: Electronics

I have it and it is the best thing since sliced bread! I have no idea how they have done it (well they have a special surface at the bottom), but you leave it anywhere on the dashboard and it does not fall even when braked suddenly.

I ended up buying the 205W around christmas and plonked the extra money for the friction mount. No regrets at all.
Does it fit into a sliding dash ?
My Linea's dash slides down and doesnt have a flat surface.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:47   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
no, there is no alternate for MMI
Well there are, and better or worse are subjective. As for the device, its pretty average, just like any run of the mill windows CE 5.0 device. There are lots of similar devices. To be frank, its overpriced. The bulk purchase price for such devices is approx 60$/piece(4.3" screen). If you want 7" inch screen, the price is 80-90$(again bulk purchase)
However, the maps of MMI are pretty good, and they have coverage even in himachal.
Coming to the third component, the software, its not too good, and not very intelligent.
for example if you know only the part of the name, no wildcard support exists.
And the track log feature is useless, you cannot record a tracklog with timestamps, no NMEA recording feature, and no following tracks
Old 11th February 2010, 11:52   #549
Senior - BHPian

How's the comparison of MapMyIndia & SatGuide in Bangalore and around. I am looking at Price & Accuracy & POI.

Also does MMI run on Garmin 205/265?

Sorry if this is already answered before. I couldn't find it.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:56   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Friends,

265 WT is priced at USD 172 (approx Rs. 8200) in Amazon.com which is pretty cheap with the features it has got.

Check the below thread :
Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic: Electronics

Satnav map for Rs. 2100
SatGuide for Windows phones, Symbian phones, Laptops and Garmin

Does the 2010 Satnav maps support TTS ?

Just spoke to the Satguide Customer Care. They say Satguide does have TTS and it also provides it in 9 different Indian languages

Does anyone know whether MMI offers TTS in different languages?? Else its a big plus point for Satguide.

Regards,
Rams
Old 11th February 2010, 15:36   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
How's the comparison of MapMyIndia & SatGuide in Bangalore and around. I am looking at Price & Accuracy & POI.

Also does MMI run on Garmin 205/265?

Sorry if this is already answered before. I couldn't find it.
MMI works fine on my 265WT - not sure how satguide compares to MMI though.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:38   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
MMI works fine on my 265WT - not sure how satguide compares to MMI though.
Bangalore its pretty good. I have Satguide running on 205W. Though I would not say I have stressed to the local villages around Bangalore. But the local roads are very well covered. I could not see any wrongs on the maps.

Though having said that I dont use Satguide heavily in the city, but mostly for long drives. Over all no complaints.

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2010 at 19:40.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:54   #553
BHPian

This is what I got from DealExtreme: $177.00 7.0" Touchscreen 400MHz CPU Windows CE 5.0 GPS Navigator w/ Bluetooth Handsfree + 2GB Maps SD for USD 177, delivered within 10 days (extra EMS expedited shipping addl 13USD) + 471/- INR charged by customs, paid to the postal guy who delivered the package at home.

Win CE 5.0 device. Working Nicely. MioPocket 3.0 installed. No Issues so far. Built in windows media player is crappy..need to install TCMP player. Built-in-GPS is quick..got a lock and precise coordinates of my home which is same what my iPhone shows.

Good thing about this..it has got an AV-in, so it can act as a lcd screen for my WD HDTV player (WD TV HD Media Player ( WDBABF0000NBK )) in my car.

Will need to test the same by loading MMI. I am using MMI (Sygic) for iPhone in my iPhone and pretty satisfied (Chennai/Kolkata/Bangalore/Vizag inter city covered so far) and CHN-BLR-CHN + CHN-KOL-CHN trip done using the iPhone MMI software..I will rate MMI+iPhone combination 8/10 so far. Some quirks exists (like suddenly the settings will be reset, no multitasking (iphone issue), wildcard match (this maybe good or bad).
Old 11th February 2010, 22:52   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Good thing about this..it has got an AV-in, so it can act as a lcd screen for my WD HDTV player (WD TV HD Media Player ( WDBABF0000NBK )) in my car.
How is this player? Does it play MKV,DivX,xVid files properly? Did you buy it in India? Have you faced any problems using this player?
Old 12th February 2010, 00:41   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
Just spoke to the Satguide Customer Care. They say Satguide does have TTS and it also provides it in 9 different Indian languages

Does anyone know whether MMI offers TTS in different languages?? Else its a big plus point for Satguide.

Regards,
Rams
should have asked clearly wat TTS mean first.. they don't even know about that..TTS voice is only available in English(satguide doesn't comes with it & not even regional voices has), can get on ipmart though.

just one question.. why pepole use satguide.. the primitive 'stone age' failed product, found its home in Asia to cover for destinator bankruptcy, either they are misinformed or doesn't want to move to better choices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks