Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 09:49   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
At the time of purchase, do you have an option to select an SD card or a micro SD card?
You need to provide them the device model and they have a list of devices which uses SD or micro SD card.

Moreover, when you order you may specify the card required.

Alternately you may call SatNav over phone in the numbers provided in the link below. They will hel you out with your requirements.

SatGuide for Windows,Symbian phones,Laptops,Garmin PND
Old 14th April 2010, 15:52   #707
BHPian

Quote:
At the time of purchase, do you have an option to select an SD card or a micro SD card?
I had emailed Satnav about this a couple of days back and their response was that currently they ship all maps on a Micro SD card with an adaptor so that it can be used in a Micro SD slot or normal SD slot.
BTW their Customer service looks excellent. I had emailed them thru their website and was surprised to see their response email in 5 min. Had a couple of emails back and forth and had all my queries resolved. Quick turnaround time on all my mails.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:12   #708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
BTW their Customer service looks excellent. I had emailed them thru their website and was surprised to see their response email in 5 min.
+1 to that. There customer response is amazing!
Old 15th April 2010, 06:23   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1 to that. There customer response is amazing!
Strange.
I asked a query 2 days back and am yet to get a response from them.
Old 15th April 2010, 09:04   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Strange.
I asked a query 2 days back and am yet to get a response from them.
Typically never happens. Send them another mail and they SHOULD respond. You can even call them up and they answer very nicely.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:05   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Typically never happens. Send them another mail and they SHOULD respond. You can even call them up and they answer very nicely.
I second that. From what limited interactions I had, I was very impressed with their service. The only thing I can think of is maybe there was a typo in the mail address that was provided ( happened to me with another site) due to which maybe you may have not received a response. .
As Ampere said, send them a mail again and try.

Last edited by f1fan : 15th April 2010 at 11:06.
Old 18th April 2010, 12:17   #712
BHPian

I left my contact no and mail id in their (satnav) website. I received a call after 30 mins explaining me all the features etc.

After the call they had even send me the details by mail.

The customer service is excellent. The lady on the phone never pushed me to get the product instead explained to me in detail on whatever i wanted.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:11   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I left my contact no and mail id in their (satnav) website. I received a call after 30 mins explaining me all the features etc.

After the call they had even send me the details by mail.

The customer service is excellent. The lady on the phone never pushed me to get the product instead explained to me in detail on whatever i wanted.
I completely agree with that.
The customer care is very good.
Recently I called them regarding installation failure of the software. The next moment I received the link and also they called me on my landline and explained the procedure. Again after half an hour they called me again to check everything is okay. All this happened at around 10.00pm!
Old 21st April 2010, 15:34   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi, does anyone on the forum used a Micromax W900 mobile which comes preloaded with Mapmyindia maps and voice guided navigation. Are the maps and voice guided navigation features on the phone are totally free or will we have to pay for the navigation. Anyone having proper information may please guide cos if the maps and navigation are free then the device will be very useful for navigation and can also be used as a standalone navigator. Does any other mobile phone come with proper maps and voice guided navigation feature for India. Please help.
Hi patil, last week i bought Micromax W900 preloaded with MapmyIndia Sygic maps at 8.1K. Map is around 250MB in size and comes in a 2GB card.

The Map Specs reads as follows:
Mobile Maps 9 - Version 7.71, Build : 9127
Map Version : 7.80
Device Code : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(c) Sygic, MapmyIndia

The mobile comes loaded with Windows Mobile6.1. It has a 3.2" screen and Battery is 1500mA. With Regular browsing and 2~3Hrs of talk the bettery is lasting 1 day.

Good Part: I am very much satisfied with the Navigation part... Satelite connection is fast and easy.. No trouble there. The mobile is definitely not slow. Screen is bright and easy to read.

The Bad: Touch screen is not very sensitive. There is no place to keep the stylus in the device. It has to be kept in your pocket or elsewhere. funny isn't it? Device has WM6.1 which is not the latest though serves the purpose of a smartphone. Camera is a mere 2MP and not at all great. We should not expect everything at such a price point, should we?

My verdict : A good budget smartphone with A-GPS and preloaded MMI navigation. Hard earned money well spent.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:22   #715
BANNED

Slightly Off Topic

I am planning to get a SatNav Unit from the US through a friend:
I have been looking at the 265WT and 255W. I need a couple of inputs

1. What are the differences? In India is the 'T' of any help?
2. What accessories should I get in addition to the base pack? I was thinking in terms of the Friction Mount (if it is any better than the vacuum mount), USB Cable, and case.

Please advise.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:54   #716
BHPian

My reply is in bold below
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Slightly Off Topic

I am planning to get a SatNav Unit from the US through a friend:
I have been looking at the 265WT and 255W. I need a couple of inputs

1. What are the differences? In India is the 'T' of any help?
Nope, T is for traffic transmission, realtime traffic feeds and that service is not yet available in India.
2. What accessories should I get in addition to the base pack? I was thinking in terms of the Friction Mount (if it is any better than the vacuum mount), USB Cable, and case.

Refer this post, I had same query, hope it answers your question.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/39666-satnav-vs-mapmyindia-47.html#post1821337

Please advise.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:39   #717
BHPian

Garmin nuvi 205 with SatGuide Maps

Last week I bought Garmin nuvi 205 from US and SatGuide Maps for India online. Total it coasted me around INR 6350.

I am yet to explore the maps in detail. But the first impressions are very good.
The route from home to office is pretty accurate.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:23   #718
BANNED

@mailmishra: Thanks for the information. helped me to decide on the 265W(I think in the US T comes with it) and a carry case.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:32   #719
BHPian

Quote:
@mailmishra: Thanks for the information. helped me to decide on the 265W(I think in the US T comes with it) and a carry case.
I am not so sure about carry case. It may be a deal that you are getting clubbed with carry case. This is what the garmin site say's about In the box.
nüvi 265W
Preloaded City Navigator® NT for [COLOR=#0000ff]North America[/COLOR] or [COLOR=#0000ff]Europe[/COLOR] (full coverage)
Lifetime traffic¹
FM traffic receiver with vehicle power cable (indicated by "T" after model number on the box)
Vehicle suction cup mount ²
USB cable
Dashboard disc
Quick start manual

Check this link https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?...30#inTheBoxTab

Off topic. I just ordered 285wt for $130 from US. My friend will be carrying it back for me next month. Why dont you opt for 285wt, its cheaper and has all features of 265wt. The only thing it is discontinued (reason as per me it has msn updates feature which is discontinuing in 2012, hence garmin discontinuing the device now). Also I am sure you are not too optimistic on warranty as shipping from to & fro to US will cost the amount for new device .
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:17   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that, i will also be getting the 265W + carrycase + the friction mount. Saw the combination in amazon and couldnt resist. Have a relative getting it for me next month.

Checked the 285 too but somehow liked the reviews of the 265W more so stuck to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks