Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 11:43   #6346
Senior - BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post

On another note, does anyone know how we can clean the evaporator coils on these newer LG dual inverter indoor units as they don't have the normal opening where you can lift the front face plate to remove filters?
Here is how it is done

The home / office air-conditioner thread-psc_1595.jpg
The front comes off

The home / office air-conditioner thread-psc_1594.jpg
This how it looks

The home / office air-conditioner thread-psc_1593.jpg
Accumulated Dirt in the evaporator coil
Old 29th July 2019, 11:53   #6347
BHPian

Required a 1.5 Ton split AC for my master bedroom. Wanted to go for a 5 star rating AC, but the salesman at Reliance Digital said, difference in power consumption between 3 star and 5 star can only be seen if the AC is used more than 10-12 hours per day at a stretch. He also offered 5 years comprehensive warranty on Voltas. So settled with 1.5 Ton 3-star inverter AC of Voltas. Model number-183vczt3.
Any experience with Voltas or this model number?
Online reviews of Voltas aftersale services are not impressive.
Got lured by the 5 year comprehensive warranty coverage and hence stuck to it.

Last edited by SamitMukherjee : 29th July 2019 at 12:07.
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:04   #6348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Required a 1.5 Ton split AC for my master bedroom. Wanted to go for a 5 star rating AC, but the salesman at Reliance Digital said, difference in power consumption between 3 star and 5 star can only be seen if the AC is used more than 10-12 hours per day at a stretch. He also offered 5 years comprehensive warranty on Voltas. So settled with 1.5 Ton 3-star inverter AC of Voltas. Model number-183vczt3.
Any experience with Voltas or this model number?
Online reviews of Voltas aftersale services are not impressive.
Got lured by the 5 year comprehensive warranty coverage and hence stuck to it.
I have this model in one of my bedrooms. Bought it online from Flipkart about year back. The cooling is very good and it is quite silent majority of the times. Would give it 5/5 on cooling. The only issue is that at times the IDU makes unique noise, a continuous clicking sort of sound, which lasts for a minute or so. I get this sound every half an hour. It is loud enough to wake you up if you are a light sleeper. Maybe some fan motor issue. Btw how much did you pay for the AC?
Old 2nd August 2019, 21:51   #6349
BANNED

I have a JTKJ Daikin Ac and since yesterday the beep sound on using the remote is not coming .Any pointers if it is related to some setting which the kid in house might have triggered ?
Old 2nd August 2019, 23:26   #6350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
I have this model in one of my bedrooms. Bought it online from Flipkart about year back.
I was told 183vczt3 has just been launched. Even I could not find it on Flipkart. I think your model is 183vczt2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
how much did you pay for the AC?
I paid around 36k but received goodies worth 2.5k
Old 3rd August 2019, 09:35   #6351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
PS: 28 degree at home feels colder than the 25 degrees set at office, don't know why.
I have a Whirlpool 1.5T for the past ~11 years, I haven't set room temp below 27 ever, it stays at 27/28 and whenever I wake up, I have to switch off the fan.

I have found airports etc to be the coolest.
Old 19th August 2019, 20:13   #6352
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a 1.2T Hitachi split AC which had stopped cooling. According the service guy, the entire coil needs to be changed worth 7.5k. However, even after 7 weeks, there has been no response from Hitachi and no tentative date of the same has been provided to us. We have talked to the customer care multiple times, with the same reply stating that they will revert with a call which never comes.

I have also emailed them at- customercare@jci-hitachi.com and hitachiindia.social@gmail.com but I am appalled by the lack of any response from them, even after 4 days.

Can someone help in escalating this issue? Any details of higher-ups/any alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

I am also beginning to doubt my choice and my way of thinking where I used to put Hitachi(and Daikin, O-General and Mitsubishi) at a higher pedestal when compared to the other brands. Japanese(and now American as well) technology is of no use if local grievances can't be addressed.

Last edited by AYP : 19th August 2019 at 20:16.
Old 20th August 2019, 09:39   #6353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a 1.2T Hitachi split AC which had stopped cooling. According the service guy, the entire coil needs to be changed worth 7.5k. .....................

Can someone help in escalating this issue? Any details of higher-ups/any alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

I am also beginning to doubt my choice and my way of thinking where I used to put Hitachi(and Daikin, O-General and Mitsubishi) at a higher pedestal when compared to the other brands. Japanese(and now American as well) technology is of no use if local grievances can't be addressed.
If your AC is more than 4 years old then there is no use repairing it. Apart from the coil you will need to pay for gas and labour.
The reason I prefer LG AC to Hitachi or Daikin or General (I have all of them) is their service and extended warranty for new AC. No manufacturer has better terms or infrastructure as yet.

In Delhi at least the old AC can fetch between 3K and 4K, add that to the repair bill and you get 12K+. A new 3 star AC from LG would be between 30k and 35k. In the current market with season ending you can bargain and get more than 5K discount.
https://paytmmall.com/lg-1-5-ton-3-s...hild_site_id=6

In case you go in for their 5 star dual compressor inverter AC, 1ton would be sufficient, and you will not need a stabilizer.
https://paytmmall.com/lg-1-5-ton-5-s...hild_site_id=6

Last edited by Aroy : 20th August 2019 at 09:41.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 20:38   #6354
BHPian

I read a post above that says there's hardly any difference between a 3 star and 5 star ACs. Has anyone managed to calculate how much the monthly bill has increased when they installed a 3/5 star AC? The price difference seems to be significant.
My usage would be for around 7 hours, 3 days a week.

Also, how useful is the WIFI feature on some of the models? Can i switch them on remotely other than controlling temperature (when still connected to the network of course)?

Last query is, should i have a stabilizer or will modern ACs come with inbuilt safety modules? Forgive me for the noobish queries!

Budget is around 30-35k and i just need a 1-1.2 ton unit. Suggestions based on experience would help a lot, thanks!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 6th September 2019 at 20:40.
Old 7th September 2019, 11:29   #6355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
1. I read a post above that says there's hardly any difference between a 3 star and 5 star ACs. Has anyone managed to calculate how much the monthly bill has increased when they installed a 3/5 star AC? The price difference seems to be significant.
My usage would be for around 7 hours, 3 days a week.

2. Also, how useful is the WIFI feature on some of the models? Can i switch them on remotely other than controlling temperature (when still connected to the network of course)?

3. Last query is, should i have a stabilizer or will modern ACs come with inbuilt safety modules? Forgive me for the noobish queries!

Budget is around 30-35k and i just need a 1-1.2 ton unit. Suggestions based on experience would help a lot, thanks!
1. The difference between 3 star and 5 star, at the 1.5T is less than 0.5A current consumption. That means at the most a saving of 4 units over a 10 to 12 hour period. At Delhi rates that is Rs.32 per day or around Rs.5.75K per season of 6 months. Mind you the actual difference will be less as an Inverter AC will slow down and a normal split will cycle on and off. In your case the usage is less than half so the difference will not cross 2K per season.

2. In my opinion the less gizmos the better, as there are less points of failure. WiFi will give you full control, but in reality how many times a day do you change settings, and is it really worth it to switch the AC on/off when you are not in the room.

3. Latest Inverter AC's have a wide voltage tolerance range : 160 to 270 so a stabiliser is not essential.

I suggest that you get the Latest Dual Inverter AC from LG or Hitachi or Daikin. Just check the status of maintenance in your area. I prefer LG as they have a 5 year extended warranty which includes 2 services a year and all parts and labour are included.

With the state of economy grim and season ending you will be able to get a 1.5T Inverter AC for around Rs.35,000/. How good a deal you get, depends on your negotiating skills as well as the desperation of the seller.

https://paytmmall.com/lg-1-0-ton-5-s...w_id=232172012
Old 7th September 2019, 18:13   #6356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post

With the state of economy grim and season ending you will be able to get a 1.5T Inverter AC for around Rs.35,000/. How good a deal you get, depends on your negotiating skills as well as the desperation of the seller.
Thanks a lot for the detailed response! Also, the room size is about 200sq ft. So 1T wouldn't be sufficient, ill have to go with 1.5T. As you said, i have shortlisted on LG itself as their service availability is good in our area. Somehow i am not comfortable with online purchase so ill just check with nearby dealers for a 5 star one. I can wait till the festive season as well but no idea if the discounts will be more. Thank you for the inputs!
Old 8th September 2019, 09:31   #6357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Thanks a lot for the detailed response! Also, the room size is about 200sq ft. So 1T wouldn't be sufficient, ill have to go with 1.5T. As you said, i have shortlisted on LG itself as their service availability is good in our area. Somehow i am not comfortable with online purchase so ill just check with nearby dealers for a 5 star one. I can wait till the festive season as well but no idea if the discounts will be more. Thank you for the inputs!
Yes 200 square feet does require 1.5T.

Th online prices are an indicator of the trend. You can use that as a starting point for bargaining. By the way I bought an LG 1.5T last year online. This year I got a 2T also online. In Delhi I find Paytm much better in deals than Amazon. Further Paytm ships from an authorised dealer and the installation is through LG only.
Old 6th October 2019, 00:20   #6358
BHPian

Finally got home a carrier 1.5T 5 star for 33k during the online sale. Cools quickly and is very silent. However, while exploring the modes and doing some quick online surfing regarding the cool and dry modes of operation, i have found that people say 'dry' mode helps save power.

Running at 28 degrees in dry mode feels like 25 in cool mode. As moisture is sucked out and humidity decreases, the air gets cooler.

I tried this and the compressor was running the whole time. I then switched back to cool mode and the compressor shut off (at the same 28 degrees). It did get pretty cold though. Now if the compressor kept running in dry mode, how does that make it more efficient?

Can anyone please comment on their experiences using the dry mode and if it really does save electricity?

Ps: we can ignore the effects of dry air like itchy skin and cough some people may develop during this argument!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 6th October 2019 at 00:21.
Old 6th October 2019, 23:17   #6359
Senior - BHPian

Facing an issue with my Mitsubishi Electric split AC since morning. It was working fine all night. But after we switched it off in the morning, we are not able to get it going.

The stabilizer doesn't go 'green' by itself and even if we bypass it, it reverts to getting ready state (yellow) by itself. Doesn't get to green no matter how long we leave it on.

The AC does the customary open of the flaps when we bypass the stabilizer to get it going but then the stabilizer trips back to yellow in the middle of the process.

There's another AC in the other bedroom which works normally. Rest of the appliances are working fine.

Please help. I have called the technician to come tomorrow but would like to know if there's anything to be aware of.
What could be the issue here?
Old 7th October 2019, 05:21   #6360
Distinguished - BHPian

Swap out stabilisers. My hunch is that the problem will move with the stabilizer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks