Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 21:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
The stylus is much better and quicker to use. Also helps kee grubby fingermarks off the screen if you have not applied the screen protector. I did not like the pouch that came with it and bought a hard leather case off ebay for a few quid.
I still have the screen cover; not the one provided for this purpose, but the default one with the instructions. Will remove and change it tomorrow.

I plan for the leather casing over this weekend.
Old 21st January 2009, 21:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Windows Mobile, HappyWheels. You'll soon be renamed HappyFingers.

I never use the stylus on my WinMo. Fingers do the job well enough. Use the Predictive Dialler and you will never go back to a regular phone!
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Day 1: Had set the alarm on the HTC (had a backup alarm also). Some where around 5 woke up and checked the time in the HTC. It showed 2.30am!!! Check in Nokia and it showed the right time.

But the alarm did go off at the right time in the HTC. Seems like the display just froze at 2.30am!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
...I never use the stylus on my WinMo. Fingers do the job well enough. Use the Predictive Dialler and you will never go back to a regular phone!
Yup. I am able to do most of the work without the stylus. Even setting the date and time where the fields are placed very close to each other. I guess the only time that I might need the stylus will be on cluttered web pages to use the links.
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:40   #19
BHPian

HW,
The display froze but the alarm worked! did You try swiping to other screens/pages?

+Rocky+
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
HW,
The display froze but the alarm worked! did You try swiping to other screens/pages?

+Rocky+
No, I did not. Just realized that the screen itself did not go to saver mode. It was on all thru the night.
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:26   #21
BHPian

May not be of help, but is there a possibility that an app was writing to the SD card?
You may wanna check if pmclean or something similar is available for HD.
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

There were problems with some of the HTC ROMS so see if there is an official upgrade available on the HTC site (or put a cooked ROM on).
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:50   #23
BHPian

Hi Big Man, I have got a Htc Touch. Where and which cooked Rom should i go for in your opinion. Please dont ask me to search the Xda developers site. Its too confusing for me as I'm not a techie :-(
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hi Big Man, I have got a Htc Touch. Where and which cooked Rom should i go for in your opinion. Please dont ask me to search the Xda developers site. Its too confusing for me as I'm not a techie :-(
There is no deinitive answer. If you want speed then go for a light ROM. Dutty does nice roms. Check the user feedback as that should tell you how good the rom is and any problems. Do be careful when flashing a new rom and make sure you follow instructions. All the HTC phones I have had I have flashed, first step is usually to install a version of Hard SPL for your phone.

Also check to see if there is a way to run the ROM flash form the phone (you can on the diamond and HD) as then there is no problem if the electric goes or your computer crashes.
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
There is no deinitive answer. If you want speed then go for a light ROM. Dutty does nice roms. Check the user feedback as that should tell you how good the rom is and any problems. Do be careful when flashing a new rom and make sure you follow instructions. All the HTC phones I have had I have flashed, first step is usually to install a version of Hard SPL for your phone...
BigMan,

There are a ton of things that can be studied from you! Let me do that one at a time.
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Go to the sub-forum for your device (Touch) and open the section "ROM Development". Read the first thread on that section which is usually the STICKY thread announcing the various ways in which you can update your ROM, contains links to various ROMs and RUUs (and also explains the difference between the two - the ROM is your Operating System for the PDA and the RU is your Radio Unit or the "phone" part).

Once you open up the ROMs link, you will come up with a list of ROMs available. These are also rated.

If you are unsure about a 'cooked ROM' - ie., a custom operating system that has been designed by someone with specific apps and other stuff, you can always go to the WiKi page which contains a list of all available 'Factory' ROMs provided by the manufacturers in different regions.

It really is quite simple and you dont have to be a technical person - read up on XDA Devs and you will soon be able to make up your mind on the kind of ROM you'd like to have.

There's nothing irreversible there, either - I've learnt this by updating ROMs myself on various devices over the past few years (since 2002, really!) and have on several occassions landed up with a few faulty ROMs but have been able to quickly revert and undo the damage.

Soon you will be changing ROMs like you change clothes. Then the novelty factor will wear off and you will start waiting for major releases.

This is the learning curve. You cannot shortcut thru it.

Happen to be on XDA-Devs now as I have just upgraded my own ROM and am searching for the latest RUU, so here are your links:

XDADeveloperWiki - HTC_Elf

ftp://ftp.xda-developers.com/Elf/

Elf - xda-developers

Elf upgrading etc. - xda-developers

Original factory ROMs are here:

[REF][POLL]Elf / Elfin Original Rom Updates, Model Id & Cid Id List[ONLINE] - xda-developers

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd January 2009 at 18:03.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:50   #27
BHPian

HW, were You able to resolve the issue bud.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
HW, were You able to resolve the issue bud.
Did not notice it through out the day today. And it has gone to sleep mode each time after I used, as it should. So I guess it was a temp glitch!
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:58   #29
BHPian

hey man, i have a htc touch diamond. was waiting for the hd but unfortunately couldnt find it anywhere here. anyway, if you want the diffirent clock where your time is shown there is a arrow on top if it pull the arrow down with your finger and you'll find your new clock. this is the only one they have, but looks excepttionall! enjoy.
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Bhai!! bechoge kya???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks