Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 23:56   #166
Senior - BHPian

No one gone for a HD2 yet?

I am using my HD as a daily phone now and it has peformed well for the last month. Not had to reset it or anything with the current ROM and it is great for satnav.
Old 28th May 2010, 07:52   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
No one gone for a HD2 yet?

I am using my HD as a daily phone now and it has peformed well for the last month. Not had to reset it or anything with the current ROM and it is great for satnav.
I own a HD2. My HD is my backup phone now.

Last edited by vikram_d : 28th May 2010 at 07:54.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:03   #168
Senior - BHPian

HD is the regular phone for me ever since purchase. Only time I rest it if I am traveling by a public transport.

The phone is with the original ROM. Guess I got used to it.

@Vikram: How does HD2 feature against HD. Since you have both, a comparison would be great.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:38   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
HD is the regular phone for me ever since purchase. Only time I rest it if I am traveling by a public transport.

The phone is with the original ROM. Guess I got used to it.

@Vikram: How does HD2 feature against HD. Since you have both, a comparison would be great.
The HD2 in terms of performance is leagues ahead of the HD. Feature wise is pretty much the same except for the much better camerra. But I dont stick to stock ROMs' for very long. I upgrade ROMs' almost on a fortnightly basis. Currently I am running a Win 6.5.5 ROM on my HD2 and this ROM with all its tweaks is much faster than the stock ROM. Also 6.5.5 is much more finger friendly.
Old 21st June 2010, 17:52   #170
Senior - BHPian

I picked up a HD2 a few days ago and it is best windows mobile phone I have owned to date. Even with the stock roms the speed is amazing. In fact the stock rom runs so well I might not even bother flashing a custom rom. In terms of comparison with the HD it does everything but is much quicker. I guess the snapdragon CPU is the major catalyst for the speed of the phone.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:38   #171
BHPian

The world's best cooked roms available are on www.forum.xda-developers.com. I use HD and have flashed over 15 roms recently, the best ones are Energy rom, Maryone rom, kenia rom and kwbr rom. They are based on wm 6.5. They have latest drivers and registry from other roms so HD and HD2 performance is superb. Roms are available as lite, ultralite and full featured. Dont forget to perform task29 before you flash a newer rom on HD/HD2. You can change the pagepool size according to your needs.
Old 7th September 2010, 15:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

Got the OtterBox case for my HD2. I bought from 20north.com & it cost Rs 1600 including shipping. It came with inner rubber case, a outer hard case and a screen protector. The case fits perfectly and now the phone looks fabulous ! Highly recommended.
Link: HTC HD2 Commuter Series Case (International) // OtterBox.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
I use HD and have flashed over 15 roms recently, the best ones are Energy rom, Maryone rom, kenia rom and kwbr rom. They are based on wm 6.5.
I am running Artemis (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=612580).

Last edited by msdivy : 7th September 2010 at 15:28.
Old 3rd October 2010, 15:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
I am planning to purchase a HD2 as there was some issue with my BB Curve and I used the HTC Touch 3G for 2 day and man WAS I SOLD over it!!!

Earlier i was planning an upgrade to the BOLD 2, but after using this for 2 day I have almost decided to buy the HD2.

For the newbie, can someone please explain me What does ROM flashing mean and how does it help with the phone experience???

Continuing with my post, I came across another thread on TeamBhp and came to know the horrible experience that that some of our members had to go through with regards to the HTC Customer Service experience in India.
The Thread

As I am in the deciding phase, I have posted a question there but as this thread is more active just want to know the experience of members with regards to the HTC's Customer Service
Also while browsing through GMSarena.com I have learnt that the HTC's HD3 is rumored to be launched sometime last this year, maybe 2010 Q3. Anyone have any idea of the same???
Cheers

Last edited by bblost : 3rd October 2010 at 16:35.
Old 4th October 2010, 00:35   #174
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,

HTC is a wonderful device. Not sure why it is not getting its fair share.

I have been using this guy, HD, for a year and half and no issue so far. TW. HD2 seems to have taken some of the flaws within HD and also with the new mobile software, looks like a great buy. The pricing also looks competitive enough.

And for ROM flashing, simple words, is the process of changing the OS in the phone to another version / OS. Most of these are 'cooked' by enthusiast and, based on your preference, you will be able to find a well 'cooked' ROM as per your liking. Usually these ROMs provide better user experience than the stock ROM's.

You might want to check out xda-developers forum to know more about it.

As for buying HTC, my experience says - go for it.
Old 5th October 2010, 16:53   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Harjeev,

HTC is a wonderful device. Not sure why it is not getting its fair share.

I have been using this guy, HD, for a year and half and no issue so far. TW. HD2 seems to have taken some of the flaws within HD and also with the new mobile software, looks like a great buy. The pricing also looks competitive enough.

And for ROM flashing, simple words, is the process of changing the OS in the phone to another version / OS. Most of these are 'cooked' by enthusiast and, based on your preference, you will be able to find a well 'cooked' ROM as per your liking. Usually these ROMs provide better user experience than the stock ROM's.

You might want to check out xda-developers forum to know more about it.

As for buying HTC, my experience says - go for it.
Thanks for the update buddy. I picked up a HD2 yesterday and am loving every moment of it. Its a wonderful phone.
I would be picking your brains from time to time to clear my doubts and stuff.
Cheers
Harjeev
Old 5th October 2010, 17:15   #176
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, Harjeev!

Mark my word - at some point of time in the near future you will be looking at cooked ROM's and trying them out one after the other. We have a guru amongst our midst. You will certainly enjoy it.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:34   #177
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harjeev, the HD2 is a fantastic handset. Also you it will run most the software that was on the GPS you bought off me. Just copy it to your micro sd card and create shortcuts to the exe files. Put a screen protector on it of you have not done so already.

Also google GPSed if you fancy recording GPS tracks. I used this last year in India and its superb for recording routes.

Don't worry about flashing roms. I used to flash in the hope of finding fast roms on my HTC diamond and HTC HD, but find no need to on the HD2. With the snapdragon on board its super slick when it comes to speed.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:52   #178
BHPian

Just my 2 cents.. Though HD2 is fast, it locked me out twice and had to do a hard reset and lost all my data in it. There is no fix for that so far it seems. :-(
Old 6th October 2010, 10:51   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Just my 2 cents.. Though HD2 is fast, it locked me out twice and had to do a hard reset and lost all my data in it. There is no fix for that so far it seems. :-(
The OS has hung many times. I had to remove battery to get it working again. Haven't faced the lock issue. How does that happen?

Has anyone tried Android on HD2? XDA has more information.
[REF] ★★★The Definitve Guide To Android On HTC HD2 ★★★ [ UPDATED 28 / JULY / 2010 ] - xda-developers
Old 6th October 2010, 11:47   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the buy, Harjeev!

Mark my word - at some point of time in the near future you will be looking at cooked ROM's and trying them out one after the other. We have a guru amongst our midst. You will certainly enjoy it.
Thanks a lot buddy.
I would appreciate if you could share the handle of the guru or maybe point me to the right thread so that I can post my queries there and get answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Congrats Harjeev, the HD2 is a fantastic handset. Also you it will run most the software that was on the GPS you bought off me. Just copy it to your micro sd card and create shortcuts to the exe files. Put a screen protector on it of you have not done so already.

Also google GPSed if you fancy recording GPS tracks. I used this last year in India and its superb for recording routes.

Don't worry about flashing roms. I used to flash in the hope of finding fast roms on my HTC diamond and HTC HD, but find no need to on the HD2. With the snapdragon on board its super slick when it comes to speed.
Thanks a lot Satnam. How have you been?
I have the HD2 for just 2 days and am already loving every moment of it. Its a superb phone and with the 3G data connection is simply ROCKS!!!

Also thanks a lot for the name of the s/w's for GPS etc. I would try them out soon. Cheers

Guys I posted this in another thread as the reasons that I decided on the HD2 and didn't wait for the HD3
As the discussions on this thread started on the HD and then the HD2, and maybe soon enough the HD3 I though that I'd share my thought process on the same

Quote:
I have compared the features of the HD3 which is to be launched sometime later this year. The major differences/ changes that I have noticed between the two are
  • HD2 has an expandable memory whereas the HR3 has a fixed 8GB memore
  • HD3 offers video recording in 720p whereas the HD2 does 30fps
  • HD2 is windows mobile 6.5 whereas HD3 has Windows Mobile 7.0
Basis of the above is the THIS LINK

Apart from the above I haven't noticed anything far superior in the HD3 when compared to the HD2. The screen size, processor, camera, screen resolution, every thing's the same. Further I was more inclined towards the HD2 as the softwares that I want to install (GPS trackmaker, off-road navigation, and some other s/w's) on the HD2 are all windows 6.5 compatible.
Then another thought that comes to mind was that the HD3 will be launched for atleast 35-40k or higher. Someone told me the this is the range the HD2 was launched last year. I simply do not that that kind of a budget for a phone right now.
So the price that I paid, and the features that I am missing, I am comfortable with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks