Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 14:42   #151
BHPian

My HTC Touch HD (Blackstone) is running latest WM 6.1 1.59.707.09 RUU. I am very happy with the performance, resolution, FTouchflo SL, heap memory, page pool, and above all, responsiveness. I am thinking of Hard SPL with Maryone ROM 6.5 with HTC Sense UI.

Google maps v4 works well with the T8282.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:42   #152
BHPian

I was shocked to see my 10 month old TD2, develop number of dead pixels. About 10 of them are closely packed, within 5mm area, and the rest (about 20-30) scattered with many being single pixels. They look to appear dull black or dull green in color.

This happened all off a sudden (no prior warnings, nothing hehe). I ran JScreenFix to check if the pixels were just stuck, but they werent.

Tried calling up TVS-E, only to hear they dont service HTC mobiles anymore. Trying to talk to Salora and Avez, for the LCD replacement.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 29th April 2010 at 11:45.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:51   #153
Senior - BHPian

My God!

I hope you get it rectified. Am hoping that I do not have to walk that path, since I have read many horror stories about HTC service at India.

Would closely watch your experience, Rocky.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:08   #154
BHPian

Happywheels! congrats on the buy! it's a great phone!

.. I got myself nokia n900 .
Old 29th April 2010, 13:26   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
My God!

I hope you get it rectified. Am hoping that I do not have to walk that path, since I have read many horror stories about HTC service at India.

Would closely watch your experience, Rocky.
Yeah Suresh, there arent many options when it comes to servicing in India!

Spoke to 'Ovez Communications' and was told I am lucky the phone is still under warranty. The LCD display costs Rs 4251 and should be available on Monday. I am going there in person and gonna wait the entire day, to get the phone serviced.
Old 29th April 2010, 13:47   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
... I got myself nokia n900 .
Congrats Tejas!

And yes, it is great phone. Hope it stays that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Yeah Suresh, there arent many options when it comes to servicing in India!

Spoke to 'Ovez Communications' and was told I am lucky the phone is still under warranty. The LCD display costs Rs 4251 and should be available on Monday. I am going there in person and gonna wait the entire day, to get the phone serviced.
Rocky,

Good to know that the part will be there shortly. And even better that you have decided to be there in person to get the work done.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:08   #157
BHPian

LCD replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Rocky,

Good to know that the part will be there shortly. And even better that you have decided to be there in person to get the work done.
The spare arrival was delayed and I had to wait till Saturday to get this done. Went to Ovez Communications on Saturday but it took them about 20 mins to reconfirm, they had the spare.

Took them a couple of hours to replace the LCD panel and absolutely free of cost (no service charge and I had 1 1/2 months of warranty left). Didnt even charge me a paisa, although they had no clues on the warranty of the new LCD panel. TD2 is back and all izzz well

Would recommend this service centre, employing this very-informed girl sitting at the front desk.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 10th May 2010 at 14:10.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:15   #158
Senior - BHPian

Good to know all izzz well now!

And thanks for the recommendation.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:31   #159
Senior - BHPian

i know this is a thread dedicated for the HTC touch HD but i plan on getting the touch 3G any advice or sugestions would be appreciated
Old 25th May 2010, 08:35   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
i know this is a thread dedicated for the HTC touch HD but i plan on getting the touch 3G any advice or sugestions would be appreciated
The Touch 3G is a decent phone but I personally find the screen too small. My brother has one. It is quite slow and hangs quite often with the stock ROM. I have upgradede the ROM on his phone to Win 6.5. With this ROM it is much more stable but still slow. Need to find a better ROM for it which has both speed and stability.

This is my personal opinion. I would recommend that you first see if you can gain access to a functioning demo phone and then see if you like it and then decide.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:56   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The Touch 3G is a decent phone but I personally find the screen too small. My brother has one. It is quite slow and hangs quite often with the stock ROM. I have upgradede the ROM on his phone to Win 6.5. With this ROM it is much more stable but still slow. Need to find a better ROM for it which has both speed and stability.

This is my personal opinion. I would recommend that you first see if you can gain access to a functioning demo phone and then see if you like it and then decide.

thanx.will look into it.i jus found out that the 3G doesn have a 3.5mm jack.so its out cause i def need that.looking at the touch 2 now.

any feedback on that ?
Old 25th May 2010, 23:22   #162
Senior - BHPian

how is android as compared to windows mobile ?
Old 26th May 2010, 01:46   #163
BHPian

Android os is not as lively as wm. Thousands of 3rd party software available for wm. Android eclair has to travel a bit this year.
Old 27th May 2010, 02:32   #164
Senior - BHPian

i was reading up a bit and though fairly new it seems to have secured a decent share in the market and a lot of manufacturers are interested in using android instead of WM.it also is said to be more stable than WM.

any one here used android ?
Old 27th May 2010, 11:41   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how is android as compared to windows mobile ?
Quote:
i was reading up a bit and though fairly new it seems to have secured a decent share in the market and a lot of manufacturers are interested in using android instead of WM.it also is said to be more stable than WM.

any one here used android ?
Andriod is a decent OS. But it still has a long way to go to catch up wih WM or even iPhone OS. As long as as stability is concerned it is pretty stable in stock form. But once you start adding other apps to it the stability goes out of the window which is the case with pretty much every OS out there. The reason it is capturing market share is that it is open source and this helps in developers creating virtually every type of software for it. So you can expect a huge number of custom apps for it in a really short time.

I personally would wait till the next version of Android comes out with more stuff buit in that is needed on a smart phone. But this is my opinion only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks