Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 19:27   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The OS has hung many times. I had to remove battery to get it working again. Haven't faced the lock issue. How does that happen?
I have to use a password to unlock the phone. It is a business requirement from the clients as the mobile is used for mail services. Sometimes the HD2 will cleverly forgets the password and locks you out.
Old 18th October 2010, 15:29   #182
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys
The phone is working good and Windows Mobile is fantastic.
The issue now is that the phone freezes quite a lot. I mean a lot. Atleast once or maybe twice a day. Also it doesn't FREEZE when I am using it but when the phone is on standby and I press the END/ POWER button it's DEAD. Only the light on the 5 button lights up but the phone is as good as dead. I spoke to the guy whom I bought the phone and told him that as its been less than 2 weeks I need a replacement. He said that first the company will reload the software and send it back, but if the issue still remains then they just might replace the handset.
The reseller is a good friend so I am taking his word for it.

Anyone else faced or know of this issue??
Please enlighten me.
Thanks & Cheers
Old 18th October 2010, 18:04   #183
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev, are you using the Stock ROM or have you flashed a cooked ROM. Are you using any other third party software? We need to know these details before we can advice you on what the problem might be. I have been using the HD2 as my primary phone since January and have faced this problem only once. It was caused by a beta software that i had installed on it. Removed the beta OS and all was normal again.

Give me the details of the ROM you are using. I may be able to help you out. Also how much data do you have on your SD card? Sometimes this happens if the SD card is full.
Old 18th October 2010, 18:24   #184
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vikram
Thanks for taking the trouble and helping me. I have tried to give as much detail as I could come across

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Harjeev, are you using the Stock ROM or have you flashed a cooked ROM.
I am using the stock ROM. I mean I do not know what cooked ROM is. But I have not changed anything

Quote:
Are you using any other third party software? We need to know these details before we can advice you on what the problem might be.
I have just loaded the Opera 10 for touch phone, a game, Blackjack that pretty much it.

Latest

Quote:
I have been using the HD2 as my primary phone since January and have faced this problem only once. It was caused by a beta software that i had installed on it. Removed the beta OS and all was normal again.
The above are the s/w that I have loaded onto the phone.

Now what I have done is that I have formatted the phone and will just be configuring my email account, 3G & WiFi settings. Will then see how it works

Quote:

Give me the details of the ROM you are using. I may be able to help you out. Also how much data do you have on your SD card? Sometimes this happens if the SD card is full.
Also my SD card is empty. Just 5-10 pics and videos of about 70-80MB

In the S/w Information I see the following data
OS Version 5.2.21869
Manila Version 2.5.19211619.0
ROM Version 1.48720.2 (71294) WWE
ROM Date 11/25/09
Radio Version 2.05.51.05_2
Protocol Version 15.28.50.07U
Old 18th October 2010, 18:37   #185
Senior - BHPian

I don't see anything out of the ordinary on your phone. In fact I had the exact same config on mine when I bought it.

Since you have already formatted the phone. use it for a couple of days without installing any other apps and see if the problem recurs.

Also I would recommend a small app called BSB Ram sweeper. You can find it on xda-developers web site. Really useful for killing all the apps that windows leaves running in the background and which in turn hog memory unnecessarily.
Old 18th October 2010, 18:47   #186
BHPian

My list of issues with HD2 grows big time.. :-(

1. locked me out
2. freezes always
3. it chooses which calls i can attend
4. cuts the call itself
5. if i use any other app even youtube, it will restart
6. etc, etc

I am just trying to replace this junk. i am not sure if it is only mine is defective or happens to all the phones.

Mine is running the stock rom with factory default setting..
Old 18th October 2010, 18:52   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't see anything out of the ordinary on your phone. In fact I had the exact same config on mine when I bought it.

Since you have already formatted the phone. use it for a couple of days without installing any other apps and see if the problem recurs.

Also I would recommend a small app called BSB Ram sweeper. You can find it on xda-developers web site. Really useful for killing all the apps that windows leaves running in the background and which in turn hog memory unnecessarily.
Thanks Vikram
I think that I'd do just that. Also is there any application for the phone using which I can revert back to a pre-determined setting in case of a system crash or something. More like what we have a restore point in windows.
also can you please PM me site from where I could download s/w's or utilities for using on the phone.
Old 18th October 2010, 18:57   #188
Senior - BHPian

Madhan, your problems look more like network connectivity issues to me. All of these symptoms happen with me in my office where I have network issues. But none of these problems happen at home where I have no network problems. From your location I see that you are in the US and so you must be using a T-Mo US handset. I would recommend you try different radio software. Radio softwares are those that the phone uses for network connectivity.

The link below has a complete list of radio softwares. Use only the ones that have a TMOUS next to them. Use each one of the radios for a few days and note what impact they have on the issues you are facing and more critically on the battery life. An unsuitable radio software will eat up your battery like crazy, but it might also solve your issues. You will have to settle for a radio which give you a good compromise between battery life and the issues you are facing.

[7 Oct] All HTC HD2 Radios - HTCPedia.com forums

@Harjeev - sadly there is nothing like a restore point software for WinMo. Only option is to do a hard reset and configure everything again. I use the MS Myphone service for all my contacts, calendar and tasks backup. I have setup the phone to do an automatic sync with this internet service every night.

There is a software called SPB Backup that you can use to back up your complete phone including all its settings. But sadly this software is not free.

You can got to the link below for all your HD2 needs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php

or

http://htcpedia.com/forum/

The first one is the better of the two.

Last edited by vikram_d : 18th October 2010 at 19:03.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:02   #189
BHPian

Vikram, i can live with the call issues as it is not happening at worrisome frequency. but the phone freezes quite often and i have to remove the battery most of the time to restart. I am planning to check with t-mobile to see what they say about it.

Meanwhile, is it possible to upgrade the OS to version 7?
Old 18th October 2010, 19:07   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Vikram, i can live with the call issues as it is not happening at worrisome frequency. but the phone freezes quite often and i have to remove the battery most of the time to restart. I am planning to check with t-mobile to see what they say about it.

Meanwhile, is it possible to upgrade the OS to version 7?
The phone itself freezing is usually a result of some incompatible software like I have mentioned before. You will need to check what software you have and what is causing it to freeze. Talking to T-Mo would be a good option.

A Win 7 upgrade is not yet possible. But I have heard that some senior developers over at XDA-developers are working on it. But nobody can say if it will work for sure.

Android builds are available that you can run on your phone. I am using an Android build on my phone. But i still use WinMo as the primary OS as the Andoid builds have been ported over from other devices and have their own set of niggles and issues.

Edit: Also is your network 3G enabled? If it is not then I would recommend that you use your phone in 2G mode for a couple of days to see how it performs.

Last edited by vikram_d : 18th October 2010 at 19:11.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:33   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Harjeev - sadly there is nothing like a restore point software for WinMo. Only option is to do a hard reset and configure everything again. I use the MS Myphone service for all my contacts, calendar and tasks backup. I have setup the phone to do an automatic sync with this internet service every night.

There is a software called SPB Backup that you can use to back up your complete phone including all its settings. But sadly this software is not free.

You can got to the link below for all your HD2 needs.

xda-developers

or

HTC Forums - General HTC Discussion (General HTC discussion, that doesn’t fit any of the other titles)

The first one is the better of the two.
Thanks a lot Vikram for your help. I will be monitoring the phone for the next 24 hours and see if it still freezes.
if it does Then I would send it for service.
Will report soon
Fingers crossed
Cheers mate
Old 19th October 2010, 15:57   #192
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys
My HTC HD2 till now is working fine. No Issues in the past 24 hours. I formatted the phone yesterday around the same time and removed everything.
A special thanks for Vikram_d for understanding my queries, guiding and trying to help me to resolve the issues that I was facing.
Thanks a ton buddy!

Now one small niggling issue is that I have set the home city as New Delhi. But on the home screen just between the clock and the calender, the name of the city keeps changing between Delhi and Bengluru? I do not even have BLR as any one of the cities listed. Can anyone please guide me as to what and why is this? And is there any workaround this.
Also if it might help is that I have NEW DELHI in the list of cities under the WEATHER tab, but on the home screen the city name keeps changing between DELHI and or BENGLURU
This is not giving me any issues, but still a small nagging problem.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:07   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Guys
My HTC HD2 till now is working fine. No Issues in the past 24 hours. I formatted the phone yesterday around the same time and removed everything.
A special thanks for Vikram_d for understanding my queries, guiding and trying to help me to resolve the issues that I was facing.
Thanks a ton buddy!

Now one small niggling issue is that I have set the home city as New Delhi. But on the home screen just between the clock and the calender, the name of the city keeps changing between Delhi and Bengluru? I do not even have BLR as any one of the cities listed. Can anyone please guide me as to what and why is this? And is there any workaround this.
Also if it might help is that I have NEW DELHI in the list of cities under the WEATHER tab, but on the home screen the city name keeps changing between DELHI and or BENGLURU
This is not giving me any issues, but still a small nagging problem.
This is really strange. I have never seen this happen on any of the ROM's I have used till date including the stock one. Have you got your location services switched on? If this service is on then you do not need to set your home location. The phone will automatically pick it up.

On my phone the way it works is this. If I have network coverage it show me Bengaluru. In no/low network areas it shows me Karnataka and if this coverage issue persists then it just shows me India. But I have never seen the name on another city being displayed. This one has me stumped too. Will try to find out why it is happening.

Last edited by vikram_d : 21st October 2010 at 11:21.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:37   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is really strange. I have never seen this happen on any of the ROM's I have used till date including the stock one. Have you got your location services switched on? If this service is on then you do not need to set your home location. The phone will automatically pick it up.

On my phone the way it works is this. If I have network coverage it show me Bengaluru. In no/low network areas it shows me Karnataka and if this coverage issue persists then it just shows me India. But I have never seen the name on another city being displayed. This one has me stumped too. Will try to find out why it is happening.
I know. I too am confused by this.
Also the location service is ON.
On my phone most of the times its Delhi but sometimes it shows Benguluru

Other than this I am really happy that the phone is neither freezing nor its Freezes any more.
I am not contemplating that the Freezing issue must have been due to some games that I had installed.
Cheers Mate
Old 21st October 2010, 15:01   #195
BHPian

Harjeev,

Got this from the HTC site.
To prevent automatic timezone changes, please do the following:
1. Tap Start > Settings > Personal tab > Phone > Time Zones tab, and then clear the Automatic change time zone and clock check box.
2. Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clock & Alarms. Make sure the Home setting is set to your time zone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks