Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:15   #301
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I was told that you cannot transfer files from or to a windows phone. Also, say if you had some music files in mp3 format or whatever, how do you transfer it to the WP?
Bluetooth in WP indeed is non-usable unless you do some hacking (not worth it). You can transfer only via Zune on PC or download it from internet. Transferring from another phone (even if it is another WP) is not possible.
Old 22nd April 2012, 15:47   #302
Team-BHP Support

Is there a way to add multiple photos to an email as attachment? My handset is HTC HD7.
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:08   #303
Senior - BHPian

If you do not want any gizmos, except playing music and clicking photos, any of the Nokia Phones with Symbian OS are good. Unlike Windows phone, the Nokia Suite application has no problems in transferring data between the phone and the PC, or synching with Outlook.

I recently got the Nokia 710. It is an excellent phone with decent camera. But I sorely miss the Nokia Suit where the phone directories could be accessed through the Windows File Manager, hence transfer of data either way is a no brainer. With Windows phone you have to
a) Use Zune for Photos
b) Cannot access the phone directories, but have to synchronize with Windows Live on the Cloud.

In short till the Windows Phone comes with an application similar to the Nokia Suite it is a hassle to keep your data synchronised and at the same time keep it private.
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:07   #304
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I have a small query regarding the Lumia 710. My dad uses one and all seems well so far. Yesterday he came up with a doubt; he recd a video in his email which he could watch it and all well there. But where is this video saved / downloaded in his phone? everytime he wants to watch it, he has to go to that particular email.

We tried to look for it in the "Music + Videos" section but nothing there.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:42   #305
Senior - BHPian

I have a query here. I have never used a Windows phone so was wondering if we can access SKYPE through these big screen handsets? Is it really possible???
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:08   #306
Senior - BHPian

I have a query with my Samsung B-7300 WP 6.5.
I cannot view the Call Time (Received, Dialed or Missed) of Previous Day after the Midnight. i.e. Suppose Today I received some calls, I dialed some calls as well as I got some miss calls. Now if I try to view the Call Time of the above calls tomorrow (or after midnight), I can see only the Caller Number (Incoming Calls), Dialed Number (Outgoing Calls), Call Duration and Date for Received Calls. But I want to know how to view the Time at which I Actually
a) Received a Call,
b) Dialed a Call,
c) Got a Missed Call
the following day.

Pl. help me.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 23rd April 2012 at 18:10.
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:11   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
But where is this video saved / downloaded in his phone? everytime he wants to watch it, he has to go to that particular email.
Believe it or not but Windows Phone doesn't allow saving videos from online or email attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
if we can access SKYPE through these big screen handsets? Is it really possible???
You don't need big screen. I tried Skype beta on my 3.7 inch Mozart. It works but video chat didn't work. Now installing v1.0 (which came out yesterday or today). Will report on it.
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:17   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
You don't need big screen. I tried Skype beta on my 3.7 inch Mozart. It works but video chat didn't work. Now installing v1.0 (which came out yesterday or today). Will report on it.
Video chat is what i need. Will wait for your report.
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:18   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a query here. I have never used a Windows phone so was wondering if we can access SKYPE through these big screen handsets? Is it really possible???
Quote:
Believe it or not but Windows Phone doesn't allow saving videos from online or email attachment

I installed skype beta and upgraded the same to 1.0 today on dad's lumia 710 and video call works fine. Since 710 doesnt have front facing camera its annoying to switch back n forth to see and to be seen. My nokia e72 is almost dead and i am planning to get myself samsung omnia w as i like to have front facing camera for my video calls on skype. Any omnia w users here? Any tips? Pros? Cons?

Thanks.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 23rd April 2012 at 18:19.
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:18   #310
Team-BHP Support

Are any of you able to attach pictures on tbhp if you browse thru WP?

When i try, both file path and the button Browse get clicked together so i dont get any option to select file.
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:27   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Tried it. Same problem as in beta version. Audio chat works. Video chat doesn't. Good to know that it works on Lumia710. Probably Skype video chat doesn't work for older WP7 devices. What a shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Are any of you able to attach pictures on tbhp if you browse thru WP?
Windows Phone doesn't even allow uploading anything on any website at all. Quite frustrating limitation if you ask me.
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:41   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I installed skype beta and upgraded the same to 1.0 today on dad's lumia 710 and video call works fine. Since 710 doesnt have front facing camera its annoying to switch back n forth to see and to be seen.
Thanks.
Quote:
Tried it. Same problem as in beta version. Audio chat works. Video chat doesn't. Good to know that it works on Lumia710. Probably Skype video chat doesn't work for older WP7 devices. What a shame!

Windows Phone doesn't even allow uploading anything on any website at all. Quite frustrating limitation if you ask me.
IT WORKED??? Thanks a lot Harshal. I was really looking forward to the 710 but didnt know it doesnt have front camera. I need a phone with a front camera. I regularly chat with my sister who stays abroad. so doing that on the move would be awesome. But then again I dont have the budget of 20K either. That is why i thought 710 was a good choice.
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:11   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IT WORKED??? Thanks a lot Harshal. I was really looking forward to the 710 but didnt know it doesnt have front camera. I need a phone with a front camera. I regularly chat with my sister who stays abroad. so doing that on the move would be awesome. But then again I dont have the budget of 20K either. That is why i thought 710 was a good choice.
That is exactly the same reason i am looking for a fone with front camera and hence short listed omnia w priced at 15660/-. My sister also stays abroad and i play with my neice all the time on skype.

Tomorrow i plan to go check out omnia w in samsung store and take final decision.

I guess this article should put all doubts to rest regarding skype on windows phone.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/23/s...phone-devices/

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 23rd April 2012 at 19:19.
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:20   #314
BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly the same reason i am looking for a fone with front camera and hence short listed omnia w priced at 15660/-. My sister also stays abroad and i play with my neice all the time on skype.

Tomorrow i plan to go check out omnia w in samsung store and take final decision.

When i bought my Omnia W in March12 the Price was Rs 15700/- everywhere in navi mumbai, but i managed to get mine at Rs. 14800/- with free scratch guard from a dealer friend of mine who runs Samsung privilege partner store. So i guess even at Rs. 14800/- he had good amount of margin for himself.
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:52   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Update: I went to a friend's home who had higher speed WiFi (256kbytes/s vs my 30kbps) and Skype video chat worked flawlessly! So we get to know that Skype video chat indeed works on all WP7 devices but internet speed must be good. Does it rule out 3G? And yes, without front camera, it's annoying. One should definitely go for the devices which have front facing camera.

PS: I hate Airtel's 8GB limit per month. After enjoying 256kps for 9 days, I have to suffer on 30kps for rest 21 days

And no, I ain't paying more to set limit higher.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 23rd April 2012 at 20:54. Reason: Adding more lines

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks