Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2022, 22:18   #286
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade from the XM4 though. Heck I'm still with the XM3's and I think I'm okay with these for another year or two.

I do agree with how it would be convenient for some sort of trade in feature for headphones with decent values, for those considering an upgrade.
I agree, when they launched I thought of upgrading to the XM4's from my XM3's but pushed that aside. Saved about 23,000 and bought a new pair of Red camo earpads from Wicked Cushions and a pair of Sony XB-700 earbuds.

I will be keeping my XM3's for at least another 18 months and will be buying a pair of Moondrop Chu's when they're back in stock at HeadphoneZone.in to see what all this Hi-fi fuss is about.
Old 1st June 2022, 10:44   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Thanks. This looks very promising. They have this plus variant for the same which I guess has an active noise cancellation. Is that very important if one is not using for calls?. ( Only music)
JBL also has come up with new TWS JBL Tune 130NC and 230NC models which sound promising on paper and also priced reasonably. You might want to check that as well.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 21:33   #288
BHPian

Thanks. I checked JBL Tune 230NC out in a store. Not very impresed with the build. (Dont know about the sound quality). Ended up buying jabra elite 4 active. Not very happy. I regret not buying Sennheiser CX True Wireless.
(Note: I have never used a true wireless earphone before. Dont know if this is what one can expect in this categoty or jabra elite 4 active is not good. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
JBL also has come up with new TWS JBL Tune 130NC and 230NC models which sound promising on paper and also priced reasonably. You might want to check that as well.
Old 28th June 2022, 22:04   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I got myself a Infinity (JBL) Swing 350 but I did not like it, hence returned it. I am confused between Apple airpods 2nd gen and OnePlus Buds Z2. A friend* of mine who has all the airpods (he has 7 of them) swears by the One Plus Z2 (he got 2 of them) one and another friend says, that the 2nd gen is better than the pro variant.
Sheel - Did you buy Z2? If yes, how’s the experience been?
Old 29th June 2022, 20:52   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Sheel - Did you buy Z2? If yes, how’s the experience been?
`Hi!

Yes, I got them. Good earphones at that price, sound quality is pretty good, battery life is A+. If you can try and buy, do see if it fits you nice & proper. Few earphones didn't fit me, this one did.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 21:03   #291
BHPian

Quote:
`Hi!

Yes, I got them. Good earphones at that price, sound quality is pretty good, battery life is A+. If you can try and buy, do see if it fits you nice & proper. Few earphones didn't fit me, this one did.
Thanks. How is the mic quality?
I ordered one last night because I needed it urgently. Came in today morning and the mic quality is pretty bad. People on the other side say that my voice is too low. Have asked for a replacement from Amazon. Hopefully this was a defective piece and replacement would solve the problem.
Old 29th June 2022, 21:07   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. How is the mic quality?
People on the other side say that my voice is too low. Have asked for a replacement from Amazon.
Sorry to hear that. No issues with my unit though. Its working as intended.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 21:12   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

I am just waiting for the next Gen. Pixel buds. Hope they launch here soon.
Old 29th June 2022, 22:47   #294
BHPian

Not sure if anybody has heard about UE Triple Fi 10 IEMs [In Ear Monitors] from Ultimate Ears. They were my mainstay IEMs coupled with Cowon S9 Portable Media Player. This was even before Logitech acquired UE. I had even 'upgraded' the IEM cables back then.

After I moved on to Car Music, Desk Music and Home Stereo DIYs and upgrades I had pretty much stopped using them. But KZ AZ09 Pro BT adapters have provided them new life.

Nothing great to write about Sound Quality of these adapters as right now I'm using the set-up mainly to drown the bad music blaring in the gym.

But for sure these are great to revive the old school wired modular IEMs. In general these adapters have good reviews and they also have BT Aptx capability.

Bluetooth Headphones-20220516_142007.jpg

Name:  120220516_130329.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  54.8 KB

Last edited by somspaple : 29th June 2022 at 22:49.
Old 30th June 2022, 08:41   #295
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

This may sound like a noob question. I would like suggestions for wireless earbuds in the range of 4K max. Mainly will be used for in flight movie watches, walks, occasionally for the WFH meetings. Something compatible with my Samsung mobile and HP laptop.

Pls note this will be my first earbuds as till date have been using wired headphones only.
Old 30th June 2022, 09:24   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
occasionally for the WFH meetings.... Something compatible with my Samsung mobile and HP laptop.
  1. How important is WFH aspect ?
  2. Does laptop support Bluetooth 5 ?

Expect significant drop in call quality as compared to wired headphones (specially if you use one with boom mike). This is due to distance of mic from mouth. Expensive earbuds can overcome this to certain extent by having array of mics.

For some jobs, this matters and not for others.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 21:52   #297
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered one last night because I needed it urgently. Came in today morning and the mic quality is pretty bad. People on the other side say that my voice is too low. Have asked for a replacement from Amazon. Hopefully this was a defective piece and replacement would solve the problem.
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. No issues with my unit though. Its working as intended.
Thanks Sheel.

So the replacement for these Oneplus buds z2 came in and I have been using it since Friday. I just love them.

I was primarily looking for buds with ‘on ear’ form factor like air pods gen 1 and 2. It was disappointing to see that most manufacturers have moved to ‘in-ear’ form factor and there is a serious lack of options when it comes to ‘on-ear buds’. Since I had to buy something urgently for office calls, decided on z2 as these seemed to the best ones under 5k based on Amazon reviews. I am really happy with the purchase, especially as these turned out to be a nice fit. My worries on the discomfort due to ‘in-ear’ form factor were thankfully proven wrong.

The mic quality is very good. The first piece sent by Amazon was defective but the replacement has worked well over last 2-3 days. On top of that, battery life is great. Would recommend highly for someone who is looking to take office calls and is on a tight budget.

If I had to nitpick, it would be the range of Bluetooth on this device. Moving to the next room makes the sound signal patchy. But yes, that is me nitpicking.

Overall a big thumbs
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:00   #298
BHPian

Guys, are sony WF-1000XM3 still worth looking at in 2022?
They are available on Amazon for 7200 after offer.
Old 29th August 2022, 07:03   #299
BHPian

Any thoughts on Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro? A lot of reviews have nothing but good to say about it.
Old 30th August 2022, 20:03   #300
BHPian

I'm in the market for wireless earphones in the budget <5k. I've shortlisted the usual suspects such as Oneplus buds z, the Realme ones, and Oppo Encos and the likes.

I'm reading tons of issues which claim the earphones work well with Android, but when the same is connected with a Mac has a terrible sound quality. Lot of stutters/drop in connection while using with a Mac, but seamless while using with an Android, and so on.

So my question is this: Will these "non-Apple" wireless earphones work seamlessly with a Macbook and with same sound quality as it has on an Android device?

Feedback from someone who's using these budget TWS earphones with an Apple computer will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks