Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2023, 12:15   #3016
BHPian

Re: iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)

Just the news I didn't want to read, only a week after purchasing the MacBook Air M2.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/apples-2...e-over-the-m2/
Old 26th January 2023, 13:34   #3017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Just the news I didn't want to read, only a week after purchasing the MacBook Air M2.
Hi ashvek3141, don’t be unhappy, this circle of upgrades keeps happening. When they say later in 2023, could be anytime plus you already have your Air M2 to use right now. Then there will be another upgrade for 2024, the story goes on

Congratulations on your Air M2, enjoy the sleek baby. I have the Air M1, very happy with it and no plans to upgrade, like forever

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 11:21   #3018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Apple don't put spare plugs in the box anymore, or even sell them separately.
Not sure if this has India type 3 PIN, otherwise Amazon should have options.

https://www.apple.com/in/shop/produc...9f253c5b451383
Old 27th January 2023, 12:01   #3019
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Not sure if this has India type 3 PIN, otherwise Amazon should have options...
That pack is assorted India-to-international plugs. I have an all-in-one (non-Apple).
Old 11th February 2023, 18:41   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd like to consider myself a power user and can tell you honestly with the current generation incremental upgrades will not really be felt by you or normal use cases. The M1/M2 are so good they can easily survive 5 years or so of usage which is more than enough, also I don't think they are going to do a design change either. Enjoy the machine. (Context had a M1 Mac Mini and upgraded it to Studio and 14" M1 Pro)
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 10:45   #3021
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.pocket-lint.com/apples-2...e-over-the-m2/
Well. my notebook is a 2018 13" Intel MBPro and and I am typing this on my daily driver - a 2013 27" Intel iMac.

Of course I do no video editing or games or graphics rendering or crypto-mining, so my use-case may be wildly different from yours.

Cheers
Old 1st March 2023, 18:41   #3022
BHPian

Hello all, I am using Macbook Air M1 from a year. Prior to moving to air, I had a windows laptop with Dual Monitor setup. I have seen numerous videos on Display Link setup on air that enables dual monitor. Anyone here running dual monitor setup with their Air? I need recommendations on a dock, these are crazy expensive and want to be sure the one I buy works! I am now using a 34 inch standalone screen with my Air and want to add a 28 inch Samsung curved monitor to my setup. Apologies if this has been discussed earlier.
Old 13th July 2023, 12:32   #3023
BHPian

Hello,
I am unable to transfer (or delete) any file from my WD Passport external HD to the Mac. I have been using a windows PC all these years and just shifted to the Mac in Jan 2023. As I was just trying to clear up some space in my Mac and move the files to the external HD, it isn't allowing the same.

What could be the issue here? Are there any separate 'Mac compatible' HD's that are different from the regular one's?
Old 13th July 2023, 16:18   #3024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Hello all, I am using Macbook Air M1 from a year. Prior to moving to air, I had a windows laptop with Dual Monitor setup. I have seen numerous videos on Display Link setup on air that enables dual monitor. Anyone here running dual monitor setup with their Air? I need recommendations on a dock, these are crazy expensive and want to be sure the one I buy works! I am now using a 34 inch standalone screen with my Air and want to add a 28 inch Samsung curved monitor to my setup. Apologies if this has been discussed earlier.
It's worth investing on a dock with thunderbolt. Yes they are expensive, but work like a charm.

Here is one example
Old 13th July 2023, 16:33   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I am unable to transfer (or delete) any file from my WD Passport external HD to the Mac. I have been using a windows PC all these years and just shifted to the Mac in Jan 2023. As I was just trying to clear up some space in my Mac and move the files to the external HD, it isn't allowing the same.

What could be the issue here? Are there any separate 'Mac compatible' HD's that are different from the regular one's?
Have you installed the wd sync app? that should help with data transfer.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 17:35   #3026
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone gotten a battery replacement done on their iPad in India? Feedback? Old iPad Air 2014 here.
Old 16th July 2023, 10:02   #3027

Quote:
Hello,

Any hard disk will come out of the box formatted as NTFS (NT File System). NTFS is a Microsoft/Windows proprietary file system. That is why, while your Mac's Finder can read the files in an NTFS formatted drive, it can't write/delete to/from them.

For hard disks, for universal usage (macOS, Windows, Linux), it's best to format as exFAT (Extended File Allocation Table). Now, that will mean that all your existing data will be wiped. So, I would suggest you make a copy of your files elsewhere, format your drive as exFAT using either Windows Explorer or macOS's Disk Utility, and then copy your files back into it.

Alternatively, you could use 3rd party NTFS drivers for macOS, but, a. it puts you at the developers' mercy and b. I don't know how many have been updated to support Apple silicon M1/M2.

If you are ready to format your HD as exFAT, here's the official Apple guide to do so: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guid...dskutl1010/mac
adhil412166 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 20:33   #3028
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

My early 2015 MacBook Pro is still doing well, except for the limited 128GB storage.

It is currently running on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

What is the best OS upgrade now ?
Old 19th August 2023, 16:51   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It's worth investing on a dock with thunderbolt. Yes they are expensive, but work like a charm.

Here is one example
Finally got a Dell D3100 docking station that comes with Display Link.

iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)-img_6074.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 18:50   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
New owners of M1/M2 Airs. Do you experiences static?

Since Apple now gives a two-pin vs. three-pin chargers, there is no earthing, leading to static on the laptop body. I escalated this to Apple (both India and US), but they replied saying this is normal.
I don’t have an m1/m2 mac but I do have a 2017 MacBook Pro and I do sometimes get a slight static shock when I touch the edge of the laptop when it’s on charge. It’s nothing serious as the laptop I’m using has not given me any issue since I bought it but yes it does happen at times. It’s probably because of the aluminum body of the laptop. This issue should solve itself if you were to use a 3 pin adapter or a socket with a built in earthing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks