Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 16:58   #2896
BHPian

Re: iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)

Finally took the plunge and got myself a 14 inches Mcbook pro and gave my old 2012 model to my mom. First impressions have been mixed. While this machine is really fast but looks very boxy as compared to my 2012 model. Idy would have liked to buy it from Apple directly since I wanted to get the RAM increased but bought it off amazon because of gst benefits, 10k hdfc discount and 5x points on my Diner's card.
Old 25th December 2021, 22:28   #2897
BHPian

I just got an M1 Air and I am stoked!! It's so fast and smooth.
My only two questions are;
- where to buy MS office (full subscription) from?
- which usb hub to buy?
Old 25th December 2021, 22:40   #2898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I just got an M1 Air and I am stoked!! It's so fast and smooth.
- which usb hub to buy?
You may try Anker USB Hub, I have a very good experience - details here (iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)).
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 13:44   #2899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
where to buy MS office (full subscription) from?
I got my Ms Office lifetime subscription from Amazon India, you will get an activation email within an hour with the steps to follow. Very happy with the seller FPC Retail.

Cheers
Old 27th December 2021, 17:17   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
You may try Anker USB Hub, I have a very good experience - details here (iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I got my Ms Office lifetime subscription from Amazon India, you will get an activation email within an hour with the steps to follow. Very happy with the seller FPC Retail.

Cheers
Thanks both!!
The two items are at 7500 each right now but I have been told I should get both within 7500 on discount days - will have to wait for this day because of the cost of the laptop and Apple Care
Old 30th December 2021, 22:01   #2901
BHPian

To everyone using various dongles,

Avoid charging through the dongles, there were issues that were observed in Macs previously which lead to quite a few people's logic boards being fried! Apple did release a software fix for the same I believe, still I would suggest to be extra careful with charging through these hubs.

P.s Just got the Macbook Pro M1, at a really really sweet deal, with all the offers. Setup MS Office , Photoshop and Premier Pro.

What a machine though, brilliant battery life. Goes for 2 work days on a single charge!
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 10:55   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post

P.s Just got the Macbook Pro M1, at a really really sweet deal, with all the offers. Setup MS Office , Photoshop and Premier Pro.
Mind sharing the details? Thank you.

edit: I have a 27" iMac (2017) which i shall pass on to my daughter. Any good deals on the iMac?

Last edited by earthian : 31st December 2021 at 10:57.
Old 31st December 2021, 14:36   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Mind sharing the details? Thank you.

edit: I have a 27" iMac (2017) which i shall pass on to my daughter. Any good deals on the iMac?
If the purchase can wait then I would recommend you wait like me who want to pick a new M1 iMac. There are rumours than apple is set to launch a new line of M1 Pro iMacs with 27" inch screens. This also coincides with very less to nil stocks of current 24" iMacs where the waiting periods are stretching 5-8 weeks.

Few retailers here suggested I wait till March/April and then decide. For me M1 or M1 Pro is not much significant but I would definitely like a 4.5k 27" iMac with newer form factor
ranjith_cbz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 16:53   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith_cbz View Post
If the purchase can wait then I would recommend you wait like me who want to pick a new M1 iMac. There are rumours than apple is set to launch a new line of M1 Pro iMacs with 27" inch screens. This also coincides with very less to nil stocks of current 24" iMacs where the waiting periods are stretching 5-8 weeks.

Few retailers here suggested I wait till March/April and then decide. For me M1 or M1 Pro is not much significant but I would definitely like a 4.5k 27" iMac with newer form factor
Thanks. That was useful. Can easily wait for 6 months or so.
Old 31st December 2021, 18:05   #2905
BHPian

Hi Team-BHPians,

I have a USB Type C hub of Rock company. Issue is I'm not able to charge my laptop, connect to monitor via HDMI, USB port etc. I can't do anything with it.
It was lying unused for 2 years because I was able to manage without external monitor till now.

Any suggestions what could be the issue.
Old 1st January 2022, 18:36   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
To everyone using various dongles,

Setup MS Office , Photoshop and Premier Pro.

What a machine though, brilliant battery life. Goes for 2 work days on a single charge!
May I ask both of you how much you paid for MS Office (One Time Purchase)?
It's for 7800 on amazon right now so not sure if I should wait for a better deal.
Old 1st January 2022, 22:08   #2907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May I ask both of you how much you paid for MS Office (One Time Purchase)? It's for 7800 on amazon right now so not sure if I should wait for a better deal.
I got it for 6500 or 6700 if I remember correctly due to some kind of sale and ten percent extra on my Citibank card.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 15:41   #2908
BHPian

I am facing a peculiar problem on my 2013 MacBook Air. My daughter uses it and one fine day it just refused to start. I finally was able to get it started referring an online video by disconnecting the battery and then switching it on. I was able to retrieve some important school projects she was working on.
But it refuses to start after shutting down. It have to repeat the whole process of disconnecting the battery to start it again

Anyone has any idea what could be the issue?
Old 22nd January 2022, 23:22   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
May I ask both of you how much you paid for MS Office (One Time Purchase)?
It's for 7800 on amazon right now so not sure if I should wait for a better deal.
If you are still looking for a good deal on MS office for Mac, I found one today from Kinja deals which is a deals aggregator site. MS office home and business for Mac 1 license. 2021 version lifetime license for 50$. I purchased the key today with my Credit card and was able to get the key validated and download the installer from the official MS site and installed and activated. Looks good.

Deal valid for 24hrs and 14hrs still left as of this posting

Last edited by praveen_v : 22nd January 2022 at 23:41. Reason: add version details
Old 27th January 2022, 11:10   #2910
BHPian

Hello All
Looking for used macbook air M1 processor in Bangalore.
My 2017 macbook air is gone completely after coke spillage. Tried 2 different repair shops and all are saying that complete motherboard needs to be replaced. Tried green apple, ifix and one more shop.
Tried searching online deals in quikr, olx etc. but couldn’t find any logical deals.
They are either new with showroom prices or low prices listings look like scam postings.
Any tip to find genuine deal or other trusted platforms?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks