Finger Print Scanner/Reader
Intel N-Wireless
Bluetooth
6 Cell battery
Ear Isolation Buds
Travel Remote
Media Centre
8 in 1 Card Reader

This is for 60k, what say? And has anyone seen an XPS in Red? How does it look?
Old 31st May 2008, 18:44   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
How's this config for a XPS 1530 boys?

Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 Processor
3 GB 667Mhz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
Genuine Windows Vista Business with Aero Interface
Slim & Light WLED Display 1440x900 resolution w/TrueLife
250GB SATA Hard Drive
8X DVD Writer with Dual Layer etc etc
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256 MB GDDR3 dedicated Graphics Memory
Audigy Audio Software
Finger Print Scanner/Reader
Intel N-Wireless
Bluetooth
6 Cell battery
Ear Isolation Buds
Travel Remote
Media Centre
8 in 1 Card Reader

This is for 60k, what say? And has anyone seen an XPS in Red? How does it look?

RED?? -- Supposed to be quite sexy but will draw a lot of attention - is that the idea??

Personally, I found the Black & Silver styling a little more 'contrasty'. Not to mention the Chrome XPS and DELL letterings on a black background - its quite a looker - and yet dignified enough . (It has 'presence' instead of 'shouting' it!?!) . Didn't want to go for client meetings with a RED lappy!
Old 31st May 2008, 18:56   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
RED?? -- Supposed to be quite sexy but will draw a lot of attention - is that the idea??
No no no, that's not the idea! I'm just fond or Red as a colour generally, that's why!

Quote:
Personally, I found the Black & Silver styling a little more 'contrasty'. Not to mention the Chrome XPS and DELL letterings on a black background - its quite a looker - and yet dignified enough . (It has 'presence' instead of 'shouting' it!?!) . Didn't want to go for client meetings with a RED lappy!
I've seen the Black/Silver & it looks classy but was just wondering if the Red too looks classy or looks shouty! Because if it looked classy then I might have considered it.
Old 31st May 2008, 19:41   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've seen the Black/Silver & it looks classy but was just wondering if the Red too looks classy or looks shouty! Because if it looked classy then I might have considered it.
Have seen a Red 1330 with a friend of mine and it looks classily shouty!! I dont know if you get what i mean. It looks classy as well as stands out of the lot... So take a call... I am sure the fit and finish for the 1330 and 1530 are similar. So you can decide if you want to be classily shouty or just classy

He does not have to attend any client meetings with it though. Its just for his personal use that he got it. For client meetings he has a black lenovo to do the job for him!!
Old 31st May 2008, 19:56   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How's this config for a XPS 1530 boys?

Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 Processor
3 GB 667Mhz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
Genuine Windows Vista Business with Aero Interface
Slim & Light WLED Display 1440x900 resolution w/TrueLife
WLED for 1530 is not given as an option in Dell site ?

For the Red color XPS just watch Asianet on your cable, the news reader uses a Red XPS to control the teleprompter.
Old 31st May 2008, 23:35   #1011
BANNED

HCL MiLEAP V series

today bought an HCL mileap v series tablet pc as my second lappy.cost me inr 35300.will be using for my outstation travels...
Old 31st May 2008, 23:42   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
6 Cell battery
I'd suggest go for a 9-cell battery if you can. You'll get double the battery life and it's really worth the extra cost IMO.
Old 31st May 2008, 23:56   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No no no, that's not the idea! I'm just fond or Red as a colour generally, that's why!

Again... this is a personal opinion ...BUT I found the red to be definitely shouty - it will get you looks wherever you go - and not all of them will be 'admiring'

Not quite the same as a RED Automobile!
Old 1st June 2008, 00:01   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
today bought an HCL mileap v series tablet pc as my second lappy.cost me inr 35300.will be using for my outstation travels...
Interesting choice! Congrats on the new machine. What do you think about the usability of the small resolution screen especially while surfing the net and of course TBHP
Old 1st June 2008, 00:36   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Have seen a Red 1330 with a friend of mine and it looks classily shouty!! I dont know if you get what i mean. It looks classy as well as stands out of the lot...

He does not have to attend any client meetings with it though. Its just for his personal use that he got it.
Quote:
Again... this is a personal opinion ...BUT I found the red to be definitely shouty - it will get you looks wherever you go - and not all of them will be 'admiring'
I think I get the point! Can do without any undesired "attention"! Black it is then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
I'd suggest go for a 9-cell battery if you can. You'll get double the battery life and it's really worth the extra cost IMO.
I wanted to but recently Dell has hiked the price difference between 6 & 9 cell to 8k from 800-odd rupees a couple of months earlier! And at that kind of money it makes no sense to go for this upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
WLED for 1530 is not given as an option in Dell site ?
The site doesn't mention it but I think the 1440x900 resolution screen is LED, at least that's what I read on a forum discussing this machine. Will check again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
For the Red color XPS just watch Asianet on your cable, the news reader uses a Red XPS to control the teleprompter.
Thanks, will check it tomorrow.

Last edited by iraghava : 1st June 2008 at 00:40.
Old 1st June 2008, 09:03   #1016
BANNED

HCL MiLEAP V series

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
Interesting choice! Congrats on the new machine. What do you think about the usability of the small resolution screen especially while surfing the net and of course TBHP
Of course the difference is there in the perfomance but that is expected. Its reasonably fast and the graphics look great may be because of the small screen.For this price its got everything you can ask for, touch screen,compact size,80gb hdd,bluetooth,webcam,wifi,vista preloaded..Its portability is its greatest strength..I am typing this message with it.Owing to the small size it takes some time to master the keypad especially if you have big fingers...
Cheers
Old 1st June 2008, 09:50   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Of course the difference is there in the perfomance but that is expected. Its reasonably fast and the graphics look great may be because of the small screen.For this price its got everything you can ask for, touch screen,compact size,80gb hdd,bluetooth,webcam,wifi,vista preloaded..Its portability is its greatest strength..I am typing this message with it.Owing to the small size it takes some time to master the keypad especially if you have big fingers...
Cheers
That sounds great! I might go for one myself because of the portability but I'm planning on the basic version or the asus eee was only concerned about the screen resolutoin.

Quote:

Not quite the same as a RED Automobile!
That definitely is personal opinion. I think I will hesitate in buying a red automobile but I don't think I mind a red laptop. My current laptop is quite a head turner too
Old 1st June 2008, 18:09   #1018
BHPian

I have a very old compaq laptop. Is there a way it can be charged/run off the car's 12 V DC Outlet ?
Old 1st June 2008, 18:41   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I have a very old compaq laptop. Is there a way it can be charged/run off the car's 12 V DC Outlet ?
One way is you can buy one of the DC-AC converter - Works out of your lighter socket - and gives you 220 V through a regular three pin socket that you can plug the laptop's charger into.

You gets ones of various wattages depending on the load you intend to pull - I think the max is 350W.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:50   #1020
BANNED

HCL MiLEAP

That sounds great! I might go for one myself because of the portability but I'm planning on the basic version or the asus eee was only concerned about the screen resolutoin.

Compared to asus the screen resolution is terrific as it can display 1024×600 resolution in 16.7 million colours.Asus has got only 4gb SSD(flash drive) whereas this has got 80gb SATA and 1gb DDR2 667mhz ram upgradable to 2gb.If you dont want vista premium enabled you can always go for the linux one which costs a lot less around 30000/-
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks