Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 10:11   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-power View Post
Does anybody know whether the new iPad 9 has a laminated display?
Not laminated.

I'm also looking to buy the Air 4 if Apple wasn't planning to launch the Air 5 this year. Usually, iPads aren't updated yearly but in this instance, Air 4 is the only iPad without CenterStage. I'm hoping Apple would release the Air 5 with this feature this year. Playing the waiting game for now.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:06   #647
BHPian

Couldn't find a suitable thread to post this, so here I go.

I have a 4th Gen iPod Shuffle which uses a 3.5 mm Jack to USB connector. I lost the connector . Checked with at least 3 Apple authorized showrooms & service centres in Bangalore, but no luck.

Called Apple toll free, was put on hold for around 30-45 mins, patched through to 2 different departments, still no luck. Came to understand that they discontinued it in 2017!

Can anybody point me in the right direction to source the cable? Don't want to dispose it off for its a compact, handy & "Cool" audio player.
Attached Images

Old 23rd September 2021, 13:23   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
3.5 mm Jack to USB connector.
What is this connector for ? Does it charge the iPod ?
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:34   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
I have a 4th Gen iPod Shuffle which uses a 3.5 mm Jack to USB connector. I lost the connector.
I would have thought this was a pretty generic item, a quick search on Amazon shows that you should get something similar pretty easily.
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:45   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I would have thought this was a pretty generic item, a quick search on Amazon shows that you should get something similar pretty easily.
The USB to 3.5mm connector here can charge as well as transfer data to the shuffle and I don't think the third party ones may be able to do both.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:46   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Hey S4ch, Amazon, Flipkart & the likes were the 1st option, but have seen reviews where people have complained about getting a "accessory not supported message".

There is a glimmer of hope with Reliance Digital. Checking with them.
Old 3rd October 2021, 19:36   #652
BHPian

The iPad Air 2020 64Gb WiFi is available for 38k on Amazon after all discounts in the current sale. Is that a good deal or has it recently been at that price? Not really bothered to wait for the next Air as am sure that will be considerably more expensive.
Old 3rd October 2021, 21:05   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The iPad Air 2020 64Gb WiFi is available for 38k on Amazon after all discounts in the current sale. Is that a good deal or has it recently been at that price? Not really bothered to wait for the next Air as am sure that will be considerably more expensive.
It is a very good price for current iPad Air. You can consider buying if it was on your list.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 13:23   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
It is a very good price for current iPad Air. You can consider buying if it was on your list.
Thanks, bought it yesterday. Had a read of recent reviews on Amazon and everyone is happy they bought it for 46kish, so super happy that I got it for 38k, or rather my wife will be as it's for her! It should be delivered tomorrow.

I assume the iPad Air 4 (2020) comes with the 20w USB C charger in the box? Or have Apple ditched it for the iPad like they did for the iPhone?

On a side note, I have found that I am slowly getting drawn into the Apple ecosystem. I first bought an iPad mini circa 2012 and thought would never buy any more Apple products. This changed to an iPad pro in 2017, followed shortly by a MacBook Pro. I still run an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy 10+), but now feel how it lags behind the way Apple "just works". Even a simple task like copying something on my iPad and being able to paste it on my MacBook immediately is something I don't think I would easily manage without now. Really, really looking forward to Universal Control when it launches.

Will probably do the unthinkable by selling myself to Apple completely and upgrade to the iPhone 14 next year - damn you Apple!
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:46   #655
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to purchase the entry level ipad - 9th gen with 64GB - but it appears to be out of stock at all places. Even the apple website says that delivery will be in the first week of November.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:12   #656
BHPian

I was looking at online sales for buying either Ipad 8 or Ipad Air4. The offers in Amazon and Flipkart seem similar and better than other platforms. But I was surprised to see an offer in Croma
The iPad Thread-capture.png

It is not saying which generation, but A13 is IPad2021, the price of 30,900 plus discount seems incredible. There is no mention if its refurbished. Am I missing something? Any feedback will be useful to decide.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:44   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I wanted to purchase the entry level ipad - 9th gen with 64GB - but it appears to be out of stock at all places. Even the apple website says that delivery will be in the first week of November.
Seems to be available in Croma, you may want to check there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lo View Post
But I was surprised to see an offer in Croma

It is not saying which generation, but A13 is IPad2021, the price of 30,900 plus discount seems incredible. There is no mention if its refurbished. Am I missing something? Any feedback will be useful to decide.
I think probably your best bet is to visit a Croma if possible - you should get the same deals in store. Or if Croma does a click and collect option then that may be worth considering as well.

On a side note, has anyone had any difficulty in updating to iPados 15.0.1 on an iPad pro? I have a 2018 10.5 pro and it constantly gets stuck on "Verifying Update". Seeing quite a few reports of similar issues online and the fix seems to be to do a clean install via iTunes which I don't really have the time to do.
s4ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:07   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lo View Post
I was looking at online sales for buying either Ipad 8 or Ipad Air4. The offers in Amazon and Flipkart seem similar and better than other platforms. But I was surprised to see an offer in Croma
Attachment 2216009

This is the entry level iPad 9, right? Whose MRP is 30900. Same price in Apple store. So what's the big deal? For a great deal, check out the iPad Air 2020.
Old 7th October 2021, 14:09   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems to be available in Croma, you may want to check there.
Thanks, I did book from Croma on Oct 5 and got a 2K instant discount. Delivery is by Oct 10.
Old 7th October 2021, 18:35   #660
BHPian

I bought an iPad Air 4 during the sales and it came with a 20W fast charger in the box. But I saw in a YouTube review that the Air supports up to 30W charging.

Is it advisable to use third party fast chargers with the iPad? My Motorola phone has a 30W PD charger, so technically it should work. Is there a way to measure the charging current (like the Ampere app in Android)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks