Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2021, 19:49   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Guys, need help with an old iPad 2

Mum uses it for browsing, mainly youtube. The iPad is at 9.3.5 and the Youtube app got updated to 16.12.3. However, this version of Youtube app needs iPad OS 10.x The iPad cannot take anything beyond 9.3.5

So is there a way to downgrade the youtube app ? I have tried, but not working. When I start the app, it gives a download error message (content download). If I go via Appstore, it is stuck on the 'Open' link.

Note:
one option was shown on the web to downgrade an app - by holding the Install button which would then show the available versions. But on this iPad, I dont see any install/update options. it is just 'Open' the current version

There is no other reason to upgrade the iPad at this time since it's usage is limited.

Update: I also tried to go via Purchases, where it did give an option to download last compatible version. It went through the installation process, but still same errors when opening the app.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th April 2021 at 08:14. Reason: As requested
Old 5th April 2021, 09:10   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I have the iPad Air and Teams work very well in that. What exactly you want to know on Teams usage?
I am looking at the general responsiveness of the application. On my old ipad mini, its too slow whereas the same on my Wife's Samsung S9 we don't see the problem with the same app and login. So I don't suspect the network or the MS Teams server etc.

I know iPad Air would definitely be better than the the iPad.
Old 5th April 2021, 09:45   #618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I am looking at the general responsiveness of the application. On my old ipad mini, its too slow whereas the same on my Wife's Samsung S9 we don't see the problem with the same app and login. So I don't suspect the network or the MS Teams server etc.
I don’t think it will be a problem with the new iPad; I use Teams on the iPad Air, iPhone 11 Pro and also on iPhone XR. Even though the XR is relatively old I have not noticed any lag or responsiveness issue.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 12:30   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, need help with an old iPad 2

Mum uses it for browsing, mainly Youtube. The iPad is at 9.3.5 and the Youtube app got updated to 16.12.3. However, this version of Youtube app needs iPad OS 10.x The iPad cannot take anything beyond 9.3.5
What is the situation of accessing YouTube via browser (Safari or Chrome or try duckduckgo browser)?
In case you can access it fine using a browser then just create a website shortcut on home screen (Same way, one access T-BHP).

This link directly addresses your issues and i am sure you must have gone through it however still posting for benefit of others.

PS: Mods - wrappers are great candy is better please develop an iOS app.
Old 29th April 2021, 06:12   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post

I know iPad Air would definitely be better than the the iPad.
Which iPad Mini generation do you have?

My dad has an 2016 iPad Mini 2 16GB and over the past one year he has noticed significant performance/latency issues with Microsoft Teams. Sometimes it takes him ten minutes to join a meeting. Similar to your observation, he has no issues with the same App in the Lenova phone.

I have an iPhone 6s and I have observed that ever since MS started loading the Teams App with more features it's not the snappy simple App it was two years ago. It does a lot more but too slow in my phone.

So I've asked a friend to place an order for the iPad 8th Generation 32GB. 128GB isn't in stock. Amazon has a good deal. Rs.3000 off payment is made using HDFC CC and they also pay around Rs.2800 for the iPad Mini 2.

Link: https://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPad-10-...st_sto_dp&th=1

Do let me know if there's any better deal in the market. Thanks.
Old 29th April 2021, 09:42   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Which iPad Mini generation do you have?

My dad has an 2016 iPad Mini 2 16GB and over the past one year he has noticed significant performance/latency issues with Microsoft Teams. Sometimes it takes him ten minutes to join a meeting. Similar to your observation, he has no issues with the same App in the Lenova phone.

Do let me know if there's any better deal in the market. Thanks.
Yes, I am looking for the same iPad 8th gen 32GB. I have delayed the purchase till the Schools open as its primarily for my daughter.
Old 29th April 2021, 10:57   #622
Senior - BHPian

Got the new Ipad air 256 GB and am mighty impressed with it. Wife uses it with her music creation apps, son uses it for school and I am using it for netflix and image editing. Very useful device I must say. Operation wise it is smooth and responsive.
SPARKled is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 10:48   #623
BHPian

Any suggestions for good ipad/ iphone fast chargers? Preferably ones with dual output of USB-A and USB-C.
Amazon is littered with unknown brands.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 13:31   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Any suggestions for good ipad/ iphone fast chargers? Preferably ones with dual output of USB-A and USB-C.
Amazon is littered with unknown brands.
I'm looking for one too, and came across this particular one which seems to have good reviews abroad and has a 3 year warranty to boot.

https://maplestore.in/shop/omnia-f2/

Does anyone have any feedback on the tech specs of this?

Quote:
OMNIA F2 USB-C/USB-A PD 3.0 Fast Wall Charger 30W

– With both USB-C and USB-A ports, OMNIA F2 supports charging of all mobile devices
– Power Delivery (PD 3.0) fast charging technology: 5V ⎓ 3A, 9V ⎓ 2A, 9.1 – 12V ⎓ 2.5A, 15V ⎓ 2A, 20V ⎓ 1.5A, delivers the fastest charging speed to your smartphone, 0%~50% in only 30 minutes
– Power allocation: USB-C independent output of 30W / shared total output 30W (USB-C 18W + USB-A 12W)
– International power standard: 100-240V
– 100% safe charging: overcharging, overheating and short circuit protection
– 3 years warranty
Old 1st June 2021, 19:27   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to the iPad experts here:

I have an old iPad with me, and wondering if I can use it like a music player. Something like a bigger iPod. If yes, how do I organize the music ?

Reason to ask is: mum is not very digital-savvy, But is comfortable with the iPad. If I can set up something like folders for different groups of songs, then she can may be scroll down the list and play the one she wants.

Note: this is an old one, running v9.3 iOS.

Thanks in advance !
Old 1st June 2021, 19:46   #626
BHPian

I have a 2nd gen iPad mini which is showing well known while lines issue and now has home button malfunctioning, I am looking for a good reliable place to repair in Bangalore. I tried an authorised place in Mangalore and they quote a price that I paid for the new 8th gen iPad last year. Any leads?

I wish to retain this hardware for online classes and entertainment during train travel.
Old 1st June 2021, 20:37   #627
Senior - BHPian

I'm using this. Though mine appears to be prev. gen. (in white). You can buy it. This looks so cool in matte black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I'm looking for one too, and came across this particular one which seems to have good reviews abroad and has a 3 year warranty to boot.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 09:12   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm using this. Though mine appears to be prev. gen. (in white). You can buy it. This looks so cool in matte black
Yeah will wait for this lockdown to be called off before ordering.

How big is the adapter? I wish it was a bit more travel size.

Do USB A-C and USB C-C have different charging speeds?
Old 2nd June 2021, 13:41   #629
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I wish it was smaller, like Anker Nano. Its quite large for my liking.
USB C to C has fastest charging speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How big is the adapter? I wish it was a bit more travel size.
Do USB A-C and USB C-C have different charging speeds?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 22:17   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question to the iPad experts here:

I have an old iPad with me, and wondering if I can use it like a music player. Something like a bigger iPod. If yes, how do I organize the music ?

Reason to ask is: mum is not very digital-savvy, But is comfortable with the iPad. If I can set up something like folders for different groups of songs, then she can may be scroll down the list and play the one she wants.

Note: this is an old one, running v9.3 iOS.

Thanks in advance !
Have you tried airplay to stream content from your ipad. Another pretty well used application of an ipad is to use it as a controller to control a rpi device like an allo digione to stream music to your dac and further downstream.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks