Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:02   #601
BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
any suggestions for non official back case will be appreciated.
I got this one from Amazon -> https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has a magnetic cover (for autosleep/wake) plus protection on the sides too.
woof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:15   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
I was confused between Ipad 10.2 and Air, couldn't make up my mind to spend 50k on a tab. So finally got myself a 10.2 couple of days back for 26k post discount. Gold was the only available colour.

It is out of stock on most of the stores may be due to logistic issues or high demand or may be Apple is trying to create a deficit and push people towards Air. Comes with a bundled 20W charger, many thanks Apple for such generosity.
Please do not give me anxiety. Put it in a case.
Btw, what case (if any) you are planning to get?
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:28   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Please do not give me anxiety. Put it in a case.
Btw, what case (if any) you are planning to get?
Hahaha sure. I was browsing Amazon but couldn’t find any adjustable inclination types of good quality. Though ESR make seems to have good reviews, will go with it if I don’t find any.
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:03   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This is what I got, with magnetic sleep/wake sleeve on the front and the back cover is semi-transparent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXW3Y9V...p_mob_ap_share

Attachment 2095678
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I got this one from Amazon -> https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has a magnetic cover (for autosleep/wake) plus protection on the sides too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Hahaha sure. I was browsing Amazon but couldn’t find any adjustable inclination types of good quality. Though ESR make seems to have good reviews, will go with it if I don’t find any.
Thanks, @woof I got the one you had linked to, it is supposed to be delivered today, will post pics after checking the fit.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:26   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

It got delivered, looks very well made.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPad Thread-img_20201222_192322.jpg  

The iPad Thread-img_20201222_192326.jpg  

The iPad Thread-img_20201222_192309.jpg  

AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:30   #606
BHPian

Guys,

I got an iPad Pro 2020 (2nd Gen) couple of days back. Though loving every bit of experience, I have a unique problem. I have an old generation Macbook Air (early 2014) and it does not have a USB-C port. Only couple of USB-A ports and Thunderbolt 2 port. Whereas iPad Pro has USB-C port and a USB-C cable which came in the box with purchase of iPad. Due to this I am unable to connect iPad Pro with Macbook air to sync with itunes and restore data from macbook.

Any pointers and help will be appreciated as to which 3rd party adapter I need to buy.

PS: I bought USB-C to thunderbolt 2 apple original accessories from amazon and had to return the product since its neither compatible with my iPad pro nor macbook air.
Old 21st March 2021, 12:02   #607
BHPian

Hi,

I am in bit of a confusing situation here, so need suggestions from you guys. I ordered an iPad from US, which is going to come this April, now I am not sure what is the use of it .

Obvious question here: Why did you order in the first place, you stupid?
So here is the explanation:

I am making my 6 year old daughter use a 13+ year old laptop for her online school. That laptop has lots of issues like some keys are not working, sometimes the web cam does not work and teacher cannot see her, zero battery life, extremely slow etcetera etcetera. So I was already looking for a replacement.

My cousin suggested to get an iPad. I also thought it is a good idea, so asked her to get one for us in Nov-20 when she is coming to India. She purchased an iPad Air for us. But then her travel planned got cancelled for some reason and is pushed to April-21.

Daughter's summer vacation is starting April 1st, and we might see schools opening for the next session, and now I am not sure what to do with that iPad. My wife and I both have personal laptops and use those for work.

So here I am asking you that, how best we can put it to use. Not thinking of selling it as of now.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 13:45   #608
BHPian

The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hi,

I am in bit of a confusing situation here
Let your daughter use it with parental control ?. Just because she will be going back to school doesn't not mean she will never need or use computers.

Or be the Santa and gift it to someone needy from your friends or family circle.

Last edited by hondafanboy : 21st March 2021 at 13:50.
hondafanboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 16:36   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am in bit of a confusing situation here
Are you already part of Apple Ecosystem? If yes, you will love using it. Even if not, you still would definitely love the device. Let me give you my case, I am not against Android tablets and even have one that my son uses for his online classes. But I like iOS more and I got the cheaper iPad 8th Gen 2-3 months back. I already have other iOS device so the iPad fits well for me but otherwise too, I use it for watching Netflix in Bed (as against going to bedroom at 11:30 types, we have started to go in by 10 pm so we get time to watch our stuff rather thank watching random stuff on TV). I also use iPad to read magazines using my Magzter subscription. iPad's screen ratio is great for reading magazines.

iPadOS/iOS UI is super fluid and using it is a joy. For personal use, your iPad may replace your laptop to a certain extent and you may see yourself going for iPad first rather than laptop when you want to d something personal.
raksrules is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 20:55   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Let your daughter use it with parental control ?. Just because she will be going back to school doesn't not mean she will never need or use computers.
Yes she would certainly need a computer, but I want her to use a desktop PC or laptop if need be. Any ways lets see how it turns out.
And about giving it away, I do not believe in Santa

Quote:
Are you already part of Apple Ecosystem? If yes, you will love using it. Even if not, you still would definitely love the device. Let me give you my case, I am not against Android tablets and even have one that my son uses for his online classes. But I like iOS more and I got the cheaper iPad 8th Gen 2-3 months back. I already have other iOS device so the iPad fits well for me but otherwise too, I use it for watching Netflix in Bed (as against going to bedroom at 11:30 types, we have started to go in by 10 pm so we get time to watch our stuff rather thank watching random stuff on TV). I also use iPad to read magazines using my Magzter subscription. iPad's screen ratio is great for reading magazines.

iPadOS/iOS UI is super fluid and using it is a joy. For personal use, your iPad may replace your laptop to a certain extent and you may see yourself going for iPad first rather than laptop when you want to d something personal.
I use iPhone, and I am pretty happy with its performance. With iPad I will certainly be part of that ecosystem you are talking about. Do I have to register with same apple Id for it to know that it belong to same user?

This I agree that ipad may become the device to watch movies , videos and for browsing, but can it replace the PC? we will come to know with time.

Also, can you please suggest a cover for it?
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 00:42   #611
BHPian

Quote:

I use iPhone, and I am pretty happy with its performance. With iPad I will certainly be part of that ecosystem you are talking about. Do I have to register with same apple Id for it to know that it belong to same user?

This I agree that ipad may become the device to watch movies , videos and for browsing, but can it replace the PC? we will come to know with time.

Also, can you please suggest a cover for it?
Yes use same apple id as your iPhone. About replacing PC, I meant for most of small tasks like searching web or looking at a restaurant menu or so. In fact you may use your iPhone less as iPad will provide larger real estate.
About case, I would ask what kind you want? Simple folio or some rugged 360 degree protection or something else? Also I would recommend getting tempered glass screen protector.
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:25   #612
BHPian

Quote:
I am making my 6 year old daughter use a 13+ year old laptop for her online school. That laptop has lots of issues like some keys are not working, sometimes the web cam does not work and teacher cannot see her, zero battery life, extremely slow etcetera etcetera.
My suggestion would be not to let such young kid use iPad for extended period of time, like for online class. If one or both parents have myopia, the child is already predisposed towards myopia. iPad screen is small, it is touch screen operated. So it is used at close distance from the human eye. From this perspective it is better than mobile phone, but worse than laptop or desktop. So in case long term eye care is important, get her laptop. Desktop is better still because monitor screen can be farther away.

Quote:
Having used iPad for ten years I can’t say I go gaga over its user interface. I find no difference from Android, maybe I am not sensitive to that aspect, I don’t know. On the other hand sometimes I find iPad restrictive. Anyway I keep buying it for the physical design and brand. However, even for this brand, I find no value for the price at which their phones are sold.
Guite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 22:31   #613
BHPian

Anyone is using the current generation iPad 10.2 with A12 Bionic chip? Need some feed back on the usage of MS Teams. For my daughter's online classes we have been using the iPad mini which is 5 years old and its too slow.

Now that the online classes are going to continue the next year as well, I was thinking of replacing it with the new iPad 10.2
My daughter is in pre-kG and her usage is minimal and under the supervision of my wife or me. Apart from that we plan to use it for regular browsing and watching OTT videos etc. I was hoping that this would suffice and I don't need to go for iPad Air.
Old 4th April 2021, 01:28   #614
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Anyone is using the current generation iPad 10.2 with A12 Bionic chip? Need some feed back on the usage of MS Teams. For my daughter's online classes we have been using the iPad mini which is 5 years old and its too slow.

Now that the online classes are going to continue the next year as well, I was thinking of replacing it with the new iPad 10.2
My daughter is in pre-kG and her usage is minimal and under the supervision of my wife or me. Apart from that we plan to use it for regular browsing and watching OTT videos etc. I was hoping that this would suffice and I don't need to go for iPad Air.
I use one but never use teams. A Samsung s5e or later will more than suffice Imho at half the weight - easier to hold and browse.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 09:54   #615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Anyone is using the current generation iPad 10.2 with A12 Bionic chip? Need some feed back on the usage of MS Teams.
I have the iPad Air and Teams work very well in that. What exactly you want to know on Teams usage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks