Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 20:47   #466
BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I do actually have a IP Camera but I don't really want to do that and I stay in Mumbai and in a flat so not sure where I would even point camera and for what purpose.
Then there is no point using it for camera. Let me think of something better and more utilitarian purpose. Sometime brain does not work and that sometime is quite often in my case
Old 6th July 2020, 11:11   #467
Team-BHP Support

I have to buy a tablet for my kid, am thinking of getting an iPad for her, it has to be with a pen. And because it, would be used by a kid, would wish to keep costs down. Is there anything by Apple with a pen below 50K.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 11:23   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have to buy a tablet for my kid, am thinking of getting an iPad for her, it has to be with a pen. And because it, would be used by a kid, would wish to keep costs down. Is there anything by Apple with a pen below 50K.
You can have a look at the iPad Air. When you couple that with the Apple Pencil , you'll get exactly what you're looking for just by spending a little over 50k.
Alternatively, if you're okay with an android tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 would make a great choice too.
One thing I can say with complete confidence is that the iPad's resale value will be higher and an easy sell when compared to the others.

Last edited by advaydh : 6th July 2020 at 11:24. Reason: Corrected a typo
advaydh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 19:50   #469
BHPian

Quote:

My vote goes for iPad 10.2 with pencil (bigger screen is better except that it weighs more than air, so reading while lying on couch might be easier in air). The price would be below 40K.
From my personal experience with my first tablet which was Google Nexus 10.1, did not fare well compared to Apple. In 2012 when I wanted to have a tablet, did a lot of comparison between the specs and found Nexus to be better than iPad like better pixel depth, speakers etc. So got the nexus while at the same time my cousin got iPad. Down the line after couple of years, nexus could not hold the power, became sluggish while iPad would perform smoothly with upgrades to latest OS too.
Only negative is that you might be bored to use the same tablet after 5 years and will have itch to upgrade though you don't need that
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 20:40   #470
Senior - BHPian

Go for the iPad, I dont even remember how old my iPad is, I reckon around 5 years. Just got the lastest update and runs smoothly. I got the 2019 iPad for mom, I can feel the difference when I use that, but absolutely see no reason to upgrade. The best part is, I dont carry my laptop while on trips and rely solely on the iPad.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 21:20   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got an iPad 10.2 128GB for my kid and its a good buy. Without the pencil though, it costed me around 45k. Please go for it.
arvind71181 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 21:09   #472
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys I need some urgent help here. My 2 year old iPad Pro 10.5 inch is stuck in an endless reboot loop. However, it goes into the loop only if its charging. Otherwise, its dead,

Any help would be appreciated. Its my daily driver and I have all my work notes in there.
Old 17th July 2020, 22:19   #473
BHPian

Purchased a 7th gen 32GB and it's actually great and rather going to desktop/Laptop everyone, have been using it. Though availability was an issue in Ghaziabad as they only had 7th gen 128 GB for around Rs.38000/- and I wanted a basic one to read books and my classes so I enquired at Tech Next Karkardooma and procured one from there for Rs.29900.
I enquired for the cover and the lady told the price was Rs.4500 and Rs.1500 for tampered glass, I picked up what was left of my jaw and ordered both from Amazon for fraction of a price.

P.S. iPad pro 2018 64GB was available for Rs.40,000 on Croma.

Last edited by revvharder : 17th July 2020 at 22:39.
Old 17th July 2020, 23:00   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Guys I need some urgent help here. My 2 year old iPad Pro 10.5 inch is stuck in an endless reboot loop. However, it goes into the loop only if its charging. Otherwise, its dead,

Any help would be appreciated. Its my daily driver and I have all my work notes in there.
I tried everything. Watched at least 15 YT videos but no form of reset worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
I just saw this offer on the website. Did you see this in the Croma brick and mortar store or online?

Its hard to believe that the iPad Pro is going for 40k only, the same price as iPad Air 2019.
Old 17th July 2020, 23:09   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I just saw this offer on the website. Did you see this in the Croma brick and mortar store or online?

Its hard to believe that the iPad Pro is going for 40k only, the same price as iPad Air 2019.
1 or 2 pieces were lying in the Dwarka one but I didn't wanna increase my Dad's budget.

OTOH Can someone guide me how good/worth is Apple care and how much does it costs for ipads?
Old 17th July 2020, 23:38   #476
Senior - BHPian

That 40k iPad Pro is an absolute steal if someone manages to get a piece. It is out of stock for most places.
Old 18th July 2020, 00:24   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Purchased a 7th gen 32GB and it's actually great and rather going to desktop/Laptop everyone, have been using it. Though availability was an issue in Ghaziabad as they only had 7th gen 128 GB for around Rs.38000/- and I wanted a basic one to read books and my classes so I enquired at Tech Next Karkardooma and procured one from there for Rs.29900.
I enquired for the cover and the lady told the price was Rs.4500 and Rs.1500 for tampered glass, I picked up what was left of my jaw and ordered both from Amazon for fraction of a price.

I had found this iPad Pro deal on croma too. I wanted it so bad, but croma wouldn't deliver it to Gurgaon. It was only for Bangalore and Mumbai. On the other hand in Gurgaon, absolutely No iPad was available anywhere any shape, size color for weeks. I must have called 25 stores.

Rachit
Old 18th July 2020, 21:02   #478
Senior - BHPian

So my 2 year old iPad Pro (64GB +Cellular) is a goner. Its dead and when plugged in it goes into a reboot loop. Took it to two Apple service centers today and neither of them could get it running. So had to deposit it as they wanted to run further tests for 3-4 more days. They said its a software issue and the device will not be opened. In case there are any hardware issues they will replace it for 40k only.

It was my daily driver for the past 2 years. For my work I have to take a lot of notes and it came quite handy. In fact it was primarily bought so that I could take notes with the apple pencil and I used it every single day since the day I purchased it.

Not sure what lies ahead (in terms of my note taking scenario) as I am quite disheartened especially after spending 65k on this and not being able to use it for more than 2 years. Sad.

P.S: My 6 year old iPad Mini still runs fine.

Last edited by Pancham : 18th July 2020 at 21:04.
Old 18th July 2020, 23:59   #479
BHPian

Anyone here using iPad + Wireless Keyboard Case? Do you think you are able to do more or less the same stuff as laptop on this combo?
If you are using a wireless keyboard, can you tell which ipad you have and which wireless keyboard you are using.

I was planning on getting the iPad Air 3 + Logitech Keyboard case which would mean total cost would be around 52K.
Is regular 10.2 iPad worth considering it uses processor which is used in iPhone 7?
Old 19th July 2020, 07:47   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Anyone here using iPad + Wireless Keyboard Case? Do you think you are able to do more or less the same stuff as laptop on this combo?
If you are using a wireless keyboard, can you tell which ipad you have and which wireless keyboard you are using.
Don't make an expensive mistake, you cannot replace the functionality of a laptop with an iPad + keyboard. My friend made the same mistake, even after me warning him and he regretted later on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks