Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 17:44   #346
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
my responses below:

1. do a master reset of the iPad, that should work. when initializing it will ask for an existing account or create a new one.

2. same as about (i mean, you gotsa reset it only once )

3. yep, it is possible. read more.

4. yep, it is possible. read more.
Many thanks, mate. That was a life saver. Finally got the thing working to my satisfaction.

Planning to get an external thumb drive for the same.
As for the web browsing, I guess Tethering Hotspots shall remain saviours for now.
Old 15th September 2015, 18:20   #347
BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Having major issues with Airplay. Its not showing when i swipe up even though my phone and the Bose SoundTouch20 are on the same WiFi. Have done multiple restarts. No luck. Any help with this Airplay issue?
Old 19th November 2015, 20:49   #348
Senior - BHPian

How much will battery replacement for iPad3 will cost, when done through apple store? US site is showing 99$, was wondering how much will it cost in india?
Old 20th November 2015, 12:10   #349
BHPian

Want to share my experience with iPad here. I have a iPad mini 2 Wifi 32 Gb version. I bought it from Infibeam in March this year. In September, one fine day after finishing a skype call with dad, I noticed a huge crack on my screen. It was a single crack and it was diagonal. I dont know how it occured, probably my kid did something. With faint hope, I visited the ASC. They refused to replace it under warranty. So I came home dejected and I tried chatting with Apple Support. They asked for the photos of the cracked screen and as a goodwill measure, they replaced my iPad free of cost!! Can anyone please suggest any accessories to keep the screen safe?
Old 20th November 2015, 14:59   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Want to share my experience with iPad here. I have a iPad mini 2 Wifi 32 Gb version. I bought it from Infibeam in March this year. In September, one fine day after finishing a skype call with dad, I noticed a huge crack on my screen. It was a single crack and it was diagonal. I dont know how it occured, probably my kid did something. With faint hope, I visited the ASC. They refused to replace it under warranty. So I came home dejected and I tried chatting with Apple Support. They asked for the photos of the cracked screen and as a goodwill measure, they replaced my iPad free of cost!! Can anyone please suggest any accessories to keep the screen safe?
Put on a tempered glass protector on the screen. This will help a lot in preventing cracks
Old 20th November 2015, 15:03   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Put on a tempered glass protector on the screen. This will help a lot in preventing cracks
And a proper case.

The case absorbs most of the falls and the tempered glass acts like a sacrificial layer for any other impacts that the case couldn't block.
Old 21st November 2015, 07:21   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
And a proper case.

The case absorbs most of the falls and the tempered glass acts like a sacrificial layer for any other impacts that the case couldn't block.
Thanks for the reply!! I already have a case. Will find a better one and add a tempered glass protector also.
Old 14th December 2015, 18:56   #353
BHPian

The most useless iPad is launched in India.
68k for the 32GB Wi-Fi variant is just plain stupid.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/50173077.cms
Old 14th December 2015, 19:40   #354
BANNED

Can we transfer data from iPad using iStick usb? Or is there any other iPad compatible usb drive?
Old 14th December 2015, 20:52   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post

I cant really comment on the price, but this Pro version is really neat. I spend some time in the USA a few weeks ago and I had an extensive demo in one of the Apple shops. Very impressive. I would always go for the biggest memory available though. And even then I run out of space.

Jeroen
Old 14th December 2015, 21:00   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I know a lot of people who are looking at this iPad. A lot of professional artists, photographers, creative folks will love this device. It's not that useless. It caters to a niche set of people.
Old 14th December 2015, 21:16   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I know a lot of people who are looking at this iPad. A lot of professional artists, photographers, creative folks will love this device. It's not that useless. It caters to a niche set of people.
The thing is most creative professionals would opt for a Mac as they would be able to do all the stuff the iPad Pro can do in a much more efficient way. It does not replace any specific device that a person would be using currently.
From the reviews, it seems that the Surface has better executed the stylus part as compared to the iPad.

Also, most developers are not releasing the "Pro" apps targeted at these professionals.

Yes, its not completely useless but it targets a minuscule audience and at a price of nearly a lac for the 128gig LTE version its not really a smart investment.

Last edited by Marauder : 14th December 2015 at 21:22.
Old 14th December 2015, 21:22   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The thing is most creative professionals would opt for a Mac as they would be able to do all the stuff the iPad Pro can do in a much more efficient way. It does not replace any specific device that a person would be using currently.
Photographers might not want to lug a mac around and instead would prefer to carry an ipad pro on the move. Allows them to see their work on a large screen quickly.

I wouldn't rule it out completely. These products take time to get adopted and once they do they become the trend.

The phablets are now becoming that.
Old 18th December 2015, 06:55   #359
BHPian

So guys I am planning to buy an iPad here in the US. I am getting the iPad Air 32GB for $350 and the iPad Air 2 64 GB for $475.

Now, I won't be using it for gaming or too much multi-tasking. It will be mostly used for FaceTime, viewing docs, surfing the net.

I am unable to decide if spending the extra $125 for the Air 2 is worth it. Will the Air become obsolete few years down the line with no software support/updates from Apple? Or is this not true?

-Bhargav
Old 18th December 2015, 07:24   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
So guys I am planning to buy an iPad here in the US. I am getting the iPad Air 32GB for $350 and the iPad Air 2 64 GB for $475.

Now, I won't be using it for gaming or too much multi-tasking. It will be mostly used for FaceTime, viewing docs, surfing the net.

I am unable to decide if spending the extra $125 for the Air 2 is worth it. Will the Air become obsolete few years down the line with no software support/updates from Apple? Or is this not true?

-Bhargav

you can never be a hundred percent sure. I started with the original iPad and that lasted for several years, but wasn’t supported beyond IOS5.

In general when I buy phones, laptops, tablets (and mine are all Apple) I make it a rule to buy the latest and the greatest. Meaning I will usually try to go for the latest model because I know, especially with Apple, it will likely last for many years. Also, I always get as much onboard memory as money can afford.

I do a lot of photography and I have collected a large collection of TV series and movies over the years. I can’t fit all of that on my iPad with 128 GB, so I already have to make a selection on what I take with me on my iPad.

Even if the Air 2 would be discontinued, you are likely to see Apple support for some more time. But at some point in time you won’t be able to upgrade. Question remains how relevant that would be. If you stick to the things you mentioned you want to do, you would be fine for years to come. My daughter still uses my original iPad and the thing has been unsupported and not been upgraded for several years now.

The problems only start when you are using heavy apps and use a lot of new apps as it might affect performance or new apps might simply not be downwards compatible.

Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks