Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2013, 21:51   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Finally got hold of Anandbagh branch manager, he did some checks and confirmed my item is misplaced. Have sent my eBay invoice to him, he will penalise his franchise and return my cash. Fingers crossed.
Have you informed eBay that you have got the item that you bought? Let eBay be aware of the incident. Since you have not received the item and not updated it, the seller would not have got money (provided you have used paisapay). The seller can't return the money since he does not have your money. It should be eBay who should give you refund.
Old 16th March 2013, 21:51   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
My internet speed is 256kbps. Recently I have bought an ipad 4th generation.Somehow the appstore is not opening although I have tried various things.Today I took it to the apple store and voila the app store opened with a glitch. The manager there told me that my net connection must be slow. So I wanted to ask you what is the minimum speed requirement to open app store. Fyi net surfing is ok in my ipad.
I am facing the same problem on my 2 iPhones,I am on BSNL Network on a 512kbps-1Mbps plan,still it does not work for me,when i try 3G,it works fine.
Its such a pain
Old 16th March 2013, 21:54   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
My internet speed is 256kbps. Recently I have bought an ipad 4th generation.Somehow the appstore is not opening although I have tried various things.Today I took it to the apple store and voila the app store opened with a glitch. The manager there told me that my net connection must be slow. So I wanted to ask you what is the minimum speed requirement to open app store. Fyi net surfing is ok in my ipad.
I've noticed it many times, for 2-3 days this week. I've 2Mbps MTNL connection. All apps open, YouTube videos play without buffering, but AppStore does not open. It may be a unique problem of MTNL, not sure. I use open DNS. Earlier when I was using MTNL DNS, I faced lots of problems with many sites not opening. With open DNS, the problem is limited to occasional AppStore not opening.
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:24   #199
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Have you informed eBay that you have got the item that you bought? Let eBay be aware of the incident. Since you have not received the item and not updated it, the seller would not have got money (provided you have used paisapay). The seller can't return the money since he does not have your money. It should be eBay who should give you refund.
I have raised a refund claim with eBay. But yesterday the DTDC guys came and gave me the money. Waiting for them to update eBay, so I can cancel the request.

Now my sister is coming from Canada and have asked her to purchase the digitizer and flex cable.

Which website should I trust now, Amazon or eBay?
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:34   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Which website should I trust now, Amazon or eBay?
I've not used eBay outside India, used Amazon in UK. Amazon was good. I suppose that both of them are good. They have much better control over sellers over there.
Old 24th March 2013, 08:02   #201
Senior - BHPian

Checked the iPad Mini, 16GB wifi in apple showroom in Signature mall. It was quoted Rs.21900. I actually went to buy the iPad 4th Gen, but looking at this one, I am in dilemma. Its so light, and bright and fits the bill.

A friend of mine said its 20K with bill in National market, Bangalore. Now, in confusion, since not sure if it has warranty in India. Anyone have experience in here? How do I confirm this?
Old 24th March 2013, 08:12   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
A friend of mine said its 20K with bill in National market, Bangalore. Now, in confusion, since not sure if it has warranty in India. Anyone have experience in here? How do I confirm this?
Mjothi, I would say pay the extra 2K and be at peace. I got it about 2-3 months back for 22k at the regular Apple shop. It works like a charm and more importantly its easier to hold. I was looking for Nexus-7 but was not able to lay my hands on it. Meanwhile looking at an Apple shop, saw this and immediately bought one!
Old 24th March 2013, 09:55   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Checked the iPad Mini, 16GB wifi in apple showroom in Signature mall. It was quoted Rs.21900. I actually went to buy the iPad 4th Gen, but looking at this one, I am in dilemma. Its so light, and bright and fits the bill.

Indiatimes shopping has online price of Rs.21,243 if you use discount code MARCHON

With bill and warranty is definitely preferred since the price difference is less than 2K. Not worth grey market.
Old 24th March 2013, 09:57   #204
BHPian

An iPad is very particular about Internet speed, or maybe it's just mine. My 1mbps Internet connection is capped at 10gb after which it drops to 256 kbps. Whenever it drop to 256kbps, my iPad does not connect readily to my home wifi. Desktop PC has no such idiosyncrasy. Strange!
Old 24th March 2013, 10:39   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
An iPad is very particular about Internet speed, or maybe it's just mine. My 1mbps Internet connection is capped at 10gb after which it drops to 256 kbps. Whenever it drop to 256kbps, my iPad does not connect readily to my home wifi. Desktop PC has no such idiosyncrasy. Strange!
That's true Guite, ipad is infact very finicky about the internet speed. It refuses to connect to some of public wi fi connections at Airports etc.
Old 24th March 2013, 10:41   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Mjothi, I would say pay the extra 2K and be at peace. I got it about 2-3 months back for 22k at the regular Apple shop. It works like a charm and more importantly its easier to hold. I was looking for Nexus-7 but was not able to lay my hands on it. Meanwhile looking at an Apple shop, saw this and immediately bought one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Indiatimes shopping has online price of Rs.21,243 if you use discount code MARCHON

With bill and warranty is definitely preferred since the price difference is less than 2K. Not worth grey market.
I heard he provides Bill + warranty. So, I was in confusion. Anyway, I agree with you - it all about peace of mind.

Btw, the sales person mentioned they are expecting some offer within this month for iPads. Let me wait and see, may be it's Holi time
Old 25th March 2013, 18:42   #207
Senior - BHPian

Seems the iPad mini (16Gb wifi version) is not in demand at all. Say the sales person in both Imagine and iStore. iStore guy called other places and confirmed they have no stock in Bangalore. Now only option is to either buy the 32GB version or 16Gb with wifi+cellilar. Too bad.
Old 25th March 2013, 20:12   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems the iPad mini (16Gb wifi version) is not in demand at all. Say the sales person in both Imagine and iStore. iStore guy called other places and confirmed they have no stock in Bangalore. Now only option is to either buy the 32GB version or 16Gb with wifi+cellilar. Too bad.
IMHO. 16 Gb iPad actually doesn't make sense. Data gets filled real quick, unless its a 2nd or 3rd device at home.
Old 26th March 2013, 07:14   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
IMHO. 16 Gb iPad actually doesn't make sense. Data gets filled real quick, unless its a 2nd or 3rd device at home.
I am planing the iPad for my mom, hoping to use Skype for video calling - mostly.

What data are you referring to? I thought since it do not have USB interface, we seldom copy or move files to iPad,except for songs.

So, the only data that will be stored in here is songs, and may be some pictures taken from cam.

I heard 3GB is used by OS, and even if I put in some more basic apps, it should fill up to 2 or 3 GB more.

One more question.
Can we use it with the winamp? I have a iPod and enabled the direct access. So I do not need to worry about the iTunes or sync with only one laptop. Now I can drag and copy from any clients using WinAmp.

Hope I can use the iPad the same way.
Old 26th March 2013, 11:12   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am planing the iPad for my mom, hoping to use Skype for video calling - mostly.

I heard 3GB is used by OS, and even if I put in some more basic apps, it should fill up to 2 or 3 GB more.

One more question.
Can we use it with the winamp? I have a iPod and enabled the direct access.

Hope I can use the iPad the same way.
My mum has 16 Gb of data (devotional and interactive books, devotional/baby music/videos, high quality family/baby photos and apps). All this because she is wary of cloud. She wants data on the device.

Skype/FaceTime is used mostly.

I have not seen iPad being managed with Winamp. You may try it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks