Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 07:46   #226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
The bulk and weight were the main reasons for dislike but i do remember it was heating up as well. I couldn't hold it for more than few minutes with one hand due to its weight. Defeats the whole purpose of buying tablet IMHO

Got a dark blue iPad mini, super light and thin, much better performance than iPad 4, excellent build quality and extremely portable . Love it!
I got the mini for the same reason. With the arrival of the mini, the regular iPad looks really huge. By the way, is there a dark blue option? I thought its only available in white and black.
Old 1st June 2013, 22:31   #227
AWD
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
I bought an iPad 4 last month and returned it after a week.

it was heating up as well. I couldn't hold it for more than few minutes with one hand due to its weight.

Got a dark blue iPad mini, super light and thin, much better performance than iPad 4, excellent build quality and extremely portable . Love it!
Apple doesn't have the "Return" policy in India. I called up Apple Cust. care to report the heating issue, asked them if it was a common complaint, they replied in affirmative.

If iPad Mini had new processor & Retina display, I would have chosen it over 4. Size is handy for sure but on 4 one enjoys the additional real estate.

Now my unit has been approved for a replacement, hope the issue does not resurface on the new one but I feel it would!
Old 2nd June 2013, 03:39   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
By the way, is there a dark blue option? I thought its only available in white and black.
My apologies, the color is actually called black slate but it looks dark navy blue to my eyes in most of lighting conditions i use it in and I always end up calling it dark blue. Moreover my smart cover is also blue which adds to my confusion.
Old 2nd June 2013, 03:49   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post

If iPad Mini had new processor & Retina display, I would have chosen it over 4.
I bought it for the same reason but I have stopped going by tech specs and numbers and give more preference to day to day usability. Display is gorgeous for sure but once you put screen protector, its all the same.

For me and my family use, iPad mini serves all the purposes.

BTW I had ordered a leather smart cover case with 360 deg rotation and a screen protector for iPad 4. But since I returned the iPad ,the cover and screen protector are of no use to me and literally unused. I got a pretty good deal on amazon and willing to pass on the same.
PM me if you are interested to pick it up from Delhi.
Old 5th July 2013, 22:17   #230
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Can anyone tell me how much data skype consumes if I use a 3G connection on an iPad mini?? I am considering buying one.
Old 6th July 2013, 23:20   #231
HKS
BHPian

iPad Mini 2 launch date: 20th September.
http://www.***************/news/the-i...er/2013/07/02/
Old 6th July 2013, 23:36   #232
Senior - BHPian

This is just one of the many speculation sites that will spring up between now & the actual event. Nothing on that site is new, anyone could post what's posted there
Old 24th July 2013, 11:28   #233
BHPian

Friends,

Recently replaced my Nexus 7 with an iPad. Need to know few things:
1. How can I copy and play videos (mostly in mp4, xvid, avi format)? Which are the best apps available in the appstore for this purpose?
2. I have tons of stuff on my PC (Music, Videos, Docs, Pics). Can I access it from my ipad over my home wifi connection?
Old 24th July 2013, 18:33   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Friends,

Recently replaced my Nexus 7 with an iPad. Need to know few things:
1. How can I copy and play videos (mostly in mp4, xvid, avi format)? Which are the best apps available in the appstore for this purpose?
2. I have tons of stuff on my PC (Music, Videos, Docs, Pics). Can I access it from my ipad over my home wifi connection?

I use a paid app (Rs.200/) called as FileExplorer to connect to my Network File server and download/upload 'data' as needed. This app allows you to view most files including videos streaming in so you don't need to store them in iPad itself.
Old 25th July 2013, 08:23   #235
BHPian

Thanks for your suggestion Prowler. On your recommendation, I bought this app, and found it to be awesome!! Serves my needs. Thanks a ton!
Old 25th July 2013, 14:26   #236
BHPian

Guys my Hayday is not working on my bsnl broadband. It works everywhere else.Even if I make my phone a hotspot it works. What might be the problem. My bsnl broadband is of 2Mbps and it works fast on my laptop and ipad. Need help !!
Old 25th July 2013, 16:23   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can anyone tell me how much data skype consumes if I use a 3G connection on an iPad mini?? I am considering buying one.
I had done a voice chat for about an hour on iPhone, data consumption was about 10 MB. For video chat, data consumption varies, but should not exceed 100 MB.

For people wanting to buy paid apps, get Appsfire and set alert for the apps that you need. I've seen a lot of apps going free, including FileExplorer recently.

City Maps 2Go is free today.

Last edited by sa_kiran : 25th July 2013 at 16:37.
Old 27th September 2013, 13:26   #238
BHPian

OS updated to IOS7 on my ipad mini. IMO, its a Better feel and has a more fluid-ic look. A number of new features as well. The notifications bar has become bigger. Newer looks on most of the native apps. Facebook app has been redesigned for IOS7.
Some of your downloaded apps will get updated with the new look.
Old 27th September 2013, 13:42   #239
BHPian

Posting a screenshot of the lockscreen of my iPad after iOS7 update
Attached Thumbnails
The iPad Thread-image3604526777.jpg  

Old 27th September 2013, 20:09   #240
Senior - BHPian

Updated to iOS 7.0.2

They've fixed the bug where you could access info through he lock screen.

The iPad Thread-image290703254.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks