Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2014, 14:16   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
For example, if you want to send out a pic, you have to fire up Photos, get to the pic you want to send out (you can select more than one pic), and touch the 'arrow coming out of box' button that appears on the bottom left. If you select email as the method, iOS brings up Mail which starts an email with the pic(s) as attachment.
For file attachments yes, but you can insert photos and videos via the email interface right? But the method you mentioned is easier as it allows selecting multiple photos.
Old 20th June 2014, 15:26   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
... but you can insert photos and videos via the email interface right? ...
Nope. There is no "Add attachment" interface in Mail.

Copying from one App to another is possible for some file types. For example, one can copy a pic from Pictures (long touch) and paste in the email body or Whatsapp.

Though Content is stored as files, there is no interface to list Contents as files - and hence no "select a file" interface exposed to user. Content is *always* viewed through the Apps associated with that content (some are accessible through multiple Apps, such as pdf files). When one wants to send out a pic, one accesses the Contents through the App, and uses the "Send out" interface (by convention, the icon "arrow going out of box") the App must provide. One cant do that with music files - the player doesn't provide that interface; no copy paste either.
Old 20th June 2014, 15:33   #288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Nope. There is no "Add attachment" interface in Mail.

Copying from one App to another is possible for some file types. For example, one can copy a pic from Pictures (long touch) and paste in the email body or
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I took the insert photo/video as attachments (screenshot below)

The iPad Thread-image.jpg
Old 20th June 2014, 15:38   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I took the insert photo/video as attachments (screenshot below) ...
Thanks. Yes, that is the same mechanism as Copy/Paste - as it opens the Photos built-in App from within the Mail app.
Old 21st July 2014, 15:48   #290
Senior - BHPian

My son 'Threw' my Ipad mini and the screen glass is cracked. The display works without any issues, but the glass is completely cracked, though in place. I emailed Iserve(.in) and Itweak(.co.in), two alternatives to the apple stores for a replacement. While the Iserve one has stopped repairs on mini due to some quality issues, the Itweak guy quoted around 7k for a glass replacement , this comes with 1 year warranty. I wanted to check, if there are an alternative, less expensive yet durable option to get the glass replaced?
Old 21st July 2014, 15:54   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I emailed Iserve(.in) and Itweak(.co.in), two alternatives to the apple stores for a replacement.
Have you tried these guys? http://iservice.co.in/contact/

Myself and few other friends have used their service and is pretty good.
Old 21st July 2014, 16:14   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Thanks Jaggu,

I just dropped them an email, but I am not sure if they are going to be cheaper than the others I have inquired.
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:07   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
less expensive yet durable option to get the glass replaced?
If cheaper, it's always DIY. Order some good digitizer online, download some DIY videos from Youtube and spend your Sat/Sun effectively.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:02   #294
Senior - BHPian

So, I got my broken glass repaired for the Ipad mini. Here is a brief.

1. IRepair India: They have temporarily stopped replacement for Ipad mini as they have found quality issues in their products. Not sure what or how they are solving the issues of already replaced units.
2. Iservice : Very professional, extremely expensive. They quoted almost 9.5k for the glass replacement, the new Ipad mini is available for around 17k on flip kart. When I asked them the reason for this being so expensive, they said Mini is always costlier than the normal one. They offered to help me get a replacement, but I don't have a bill for mine as it was a reward.
3. Itweak : Most competitive, they had a service center closer to my location. Quoted 6.5k, with 1 year warranty and further reduced it to 6.2k. However, they only accept cash.
4. Local shops : called quite a few of them and some of them said they would check and get back and never got back, some people asked me to get it and only then they can quote their price and almost all of them said they don't provide any warranty.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:27   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

I asked for a quote for the broken screen of my iPad2, even uploaded the photo of the screen. Eight days have passed, there is no quote.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:30   #296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I asked for a quote for the broken screen of my iPad2, even uploaded the photo of the screen. Eight days have passed, there is no quote.
I don't think they are good at emails. Just pick up the phone and talk to the lady.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:48   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Last time when i visited them for my iPad 2 Screen they quoted 7500 which also includes an warranty of year.
Old 8th August 2014, 23:29   #298
BHPian

Hello guys,
I'm planning to buy an ipad, I have to options ipad air for 33k or ipad 4th generation with Retina display for 23k. Is it advisable to got for air, I believe mostly it's the size difference.
Old 10th August 2014, 14:42   #299
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest me a good video converter for my iPad mini. I love watching sitcoms and I have been using Handbrake. However, after copying the converted files to itunes the file names remain same and hence it is difficult the understand the sequence of the episodes.

Can anyone help me out with this?
Old 10th August 2014, 21:51   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can anyone suggest me a good video converter for my iPad mini. I love watching sitcoms and I have been using Handbrake. However, after copying the converted files to itunes the file names remain same and hence it is difficult the understand the sequence of the episodes.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Why are you bothering to convert the videos ? There are many free and paid video player apps available which play almost all formats. My favorite is Nplayer but it is paid. In free you have VLC Player. I suggest you try one of them first.
If you are having hard time copying the video files in the folders of these players (after you install them), I suggest you download iFunbox application for your PC and you can browse iPad folders and do copy paste of the videos directly in the app's respective folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks